AFL Player # 5: Elijah Tsatas

Remove this Banner Ad

Great use of a top 10 pick and one of our most famous guernsey numbers. Hawks will take him and turn him into an AA
How many times do I need to tell you Massimo isn’t even close to AA .. there’s just a speck of dust in my eye and I can’t stop it weeping.

And yes we should teach Tsatas a lesson by trading him for 38 and watching him turn into a star

This whole rigmarole reeks of the club leaking to put pressure on Tsatas to pull his head in. Rather than actually planning to offboard him.

What were they going to get for a year two player with kicking issues who they won’t select in the 1s? Not much… but then to leak attitude issues and slide any possible trade another 20 spots back?

My money is that he stays but feels a sudden need to move out of home and in with McGrath to get on the VC fast track program.

Just had a scroll through his account. Full of Sky News, climate change denial reposts, pro trump etc posts and **** all about Essendon

Could be Sheeds, going senile

Not buying this even a little.
Almost that exact opposite of everything that is said about the kid.
but who does what is said about him come from?

it follows quite obviously that a high draft pick from a wealthy background who was dominating lower level football would become frustrated when marginalised to the 2s while watching his peers succeed at afl level.

i also don't rate tsatas, but this is understandable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My Nonna paid for me to win the cute baby contest.
That was just something she made up mate. They don't really hold cute baby contests in her lounge room.

“Maximising the talent of No. 5 draft pick Elijah Tsatas, with Essendon adamant he has a bright future after putting in a power of work on improving his kicking while playing VFL. They will not consider any trade scenarios for the livewire mid.”

From Jon Ralph (‘then he must be leaving’ - I saved you the trouble).

“Maximising the talent of No. 5 draft pick Elijah Tsatas, with Essendon adamant he has a bright future after putting in a power of work on improving his kicking while playing VFL. They will not consider any trade scenarios for the livewire mid.”

From Jon Ralph (‘then he must be leaving’ - I saved you the trouble).
Ralphy obviously missed the news posted on twitter

Be wary of character assassination.

In my experience people tend to do and say things to cover their arses. It is easy for me to see how the people who blew a top 5 pick on a kid whose biggest strength is the spread from the contest but who can't kick would assassinate his character as a justification for the pick not working out.

Remember that these are the same people who we are told counted attitude heavily against Phillipou and yet they missed Tsatas' attitude problem. These are also the same people who routinely overlook hardball prowess.

I recall a podcast Tsatas and Wardlaw did with Toomey, I think it was, a few days before the 2022 draft. They were having a good natured go at each other, Tsatas for being outside and Wardlaw for not being able to keep up - dumb stuff like that. Now all we seem to want from him is to play the game like Wardlaw or Ben Hobbs. Well, he's not that player and never was.

Of course I could be wrong but I think it is important to contextualise opinion, particularly when all we are getting is uncredited rumour (attributed to a source from the club).

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 5: Elijah Tsatas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back