AFL Player # 5: Elijah Tsatas

Remove this Banner Ad

More birthdays than centre bounce attendances in 2024
I can’t even remember him playing on-ball this year (in the ones). Needs at least 30% pure midfield time when he plays AFL. Perhaps second half of each quarter?
If we plan on trading him, we need to play him to get his value up, and if we plan on keeping him, we need to plan him to let him improve and see where he is at. So, he just needs to play.
If he struggles sure drop him, but at least we know. Brad has an 8 yr plan but coaches for the now for some reason. Frustrating

Expecting him to come back in ripping nick. He has the right frame, coming into year 3, he will be fine.

Surely it’s not another top ten bust 😬

Prefer he comes back built like Stewie Dew as long as he kicks the thing like him too.

Expecting him to come back in ripping nick. He has the right frame, coming into year 3, he will be fine.

Surely it’s not another top ten bust 😬
He hasn’t stopped training, but he did the same last pre season. He’s already too good for vfl, but there are only a couple inside mid roles in each team and his kicking isnt damaging enough to play outside yet.

Still think he becomes a player when those roles open up.

I’d consider playing him at half back in the VFL to force him to kick more. It may speed up his development, and build confidence in his kicking. The VFL is for development after all.
Playing midfield he can handball more and avoid fixing the problem IMO.

I’d consider playing him at half back in the VFL to force him to kick more. It may speed up his development, and build confidence in his kicking. The VFL is for development after all.

That's not a bad call. He has played his whole career as a mid, its not like he's going to forget how to do that if he's switched to a position for a bit that will force him to kick a bit more.

I said the exact same thing with two weeks left to go in the VFL season. He was dodging kicking a bit in midfield, but his kicking did improve.

In hindsight I’m glad they kept him in the midfield, he ended the year on a high as probably the most prolific mid in the VFL - reminded everyone why he was drafted as a clearance machine. He goes into the offseason with some momentum now.

He had back to back years of injury in year one and his draft year. He’s now looking at back to back pre seasons and looked a way better athlete at the end of this season than last. His style of play is dependent on him leveraging his physical tools - not unlike Shiel.

Hopefully he gets a full pre season and I think he will make significant strides forward this season.

Also he just turned 20…. Yep he was 19 all this year 😂

He had back to back years of injury in year one and his draft year. He’s now looking at back to back pre seasons and looked a way better athlete at the end of this season than last. His style of play is dependent on him leveraging his physical tools - not unlike Shiel.

Hopefully he gets a full pre season and I think he will make significant strides forward this season.

Also he just turned 20…. Yep he was 19 all this year 😂
Further adding to the stupidity that he's a ''Bust'' 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s not just going to help him
He just be playing as much on ball as possible. His kicking is never going to be that good, it’ll improve over time with training technique, but the best we are going to get from him is just kicking it with penetration. Hopefully burst from stoppage and either give the hands or thump it long forward

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 5: Elijah Tsatas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back