Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney: 2024 All Australian

Remove this Banner Ad

Heeney 2.jpg

Isaac Heeney

Isaac Heeney is a crowd favourite and one of the best young players in the competition. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy graduate won the 2018 AFL Mark of the Year award, was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in two of his eligible four years and played his 100th senior game in 2019. Heeney can be used in the midfield, forward line – where he booted four goals in star teammate Lance Franklin’s absence in Round 20 last year – or as a loose man in defence.

Isaac Heeney
DOB: 05 May 1996
DEBUT: 2015
DRAFT: #18, 2014 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Cardiff (NSW)

Last edited by a moderator:
The manager's role is to present options and advice. Luke is a mature adult, not a greenhorn, who can take what he needs from that.
You missed my point - I know what a Manager’s job is.

My point is that a lot of Manager’s put the financial aspect of career decisions ahead of things like being a one-club player - and regardless of Parker’s maturity, I’d lay London to a brick he’d put significant weight on his Manager’s advice.

If Parker was 50/50 about going…a Manager pressing the financial benefits of leaving might just hold sway. …Yes, it’s their job…but I think career advice comes in many forms, some not valued by SOME managers.

Last edited:
A great season by Heeney, hopefully a few more years of this level to go . If Mills get his midfield form back we can better juggle Heeneys midfield minutes to maximised his fitness.

A great season by Heeney, hopefully a few more years of this level to go . If Mills get his midfield form back we can better juggle Heeneys midfield minutes to maximised his fitness.
When we first drafted these two, I must admit, I didn't think it will take nearly 10 years to see them both in the midfield together.

You missed my point - I know what a Manager’s job is.

My point is that a lot of Manager’s put the financial aspect of career decisions ahead of things like being a one-club player - and regardless of Parker’s maturity, I’d lay London to a brick he’d put significant weight on his Manager’s advice.

If Parker was 50/50 about going…a Manager pressing the financial benefits of leaving might just hold sway. …Yes, it’s their job…but I think career advice comes in many forms, some not valued by SOME managers.
I didn't miss your point, I disagreed with it. Politely I thought. Luke is old enough and experienced enough not to be unduly swayed the way a younger player might be.

I didn't miss your point, I disagreed with it. Politely I thought. Luke is old enough and experienced enough not to be unduly swayed the way a younger player might be.

People don't understand that Managers do what their clients want.

I’m not going to argue the toss about ‘talking down’ to people - I’m sure you didn’t mean to, however it’s important we both have a grasp of the real difference in our views - and it’s not about managers. 😉

Moving on - My point is simply what a Manager might see as important may not end up being the wisest move - but the player may prefer to hear a bad idea being re-enforced.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney: 2024 All Australian

Remove this Banner Ad

Back