Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney: 2024 All Australian

Remove this Banner Ad

Heeney 2.jpg

Isaac Heeney

Isaac Heeney is a crowd favourite and one of the best young players in the competition. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy graduate won the 2018 AFL Mark of the Year award, was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in two of his eligible four years and played his 100th senior game in 2019. Heeney can be used in the midfield, forward line – where he booted four goals in star teammate Lance Franklin’s absence in Round 20 last year – or as a loose man in defence.

Isaac Heeney
DOB: 05 May 1996
DEBUT: 2015
DRAFT: #18, 2014 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Cardiff (NSW)

Last edited by a moderator:
AFL needs to charge itself with bringing the game into disrepute. Incompetent buch who are, purportedly, caretakers of the game.

Interesting to chase down how all these new rules/ interpretations etc are bought into existence - committee? czar? Media pressure? Peeps justifying their job? The Vibe? Wheel of fortune? Does anyone know?

Never could give a flying **** about the brownlow but really, really hope Heeney 'wins' it now. The AFL's 'prestigious' night deserves to have a farcical result and the back of one of the most farcical suspensions handed down by an absolutely farcical MRO/Tribunal system.....it's the karma it deserves, the decision just so hopelessly inconsistent with everything else dished out this year.

Although, better have a much better team representing us if we get another joke of a charge handed our way in September (and especially if it's a more legit charge). A random person off the side of the street could've presented a more convincing case. Given what's been let off at the tribunal this year, how can you possibly **** this case up...twice.

Never could give a flying **** about the brownlow but really, really hope Heeney 'wins' it now. The AFL's 'prestigious' night deserves to have a farcical result and the back of one of the most farcical suspensions handed down by an absolutely farcical MRO/Tribunal system.....it's the karma it deserves, the decision just so hopelessly inconsistent with everything else dished out this year.

Although, better have a much better team representing us if we get another joke of a charge handed our way in September (and especially if it's a more legit charge). A random person off the side of the street could've presented a more convincing case. Given what's been let off at the tribunal this year, how can you possibly **** this case up...twice.
Would be super funny if somehow Heeney won it and then Gulden finished up second so that we still get the spoils but also the AFL gets laughed at for being dumb.

It's hard to state just how much of a mickey mouse competition the AFL is.

We need to start paying reporters to come up with stories about how a Swans premiership would be great for the competition. The AFL is all about feel good stories.

It's hard to state just how much of a mickey mouse competition the AFL is.

We need to start paying reporters to come up with stories about how a Swans premiership would be great for the competition. The AFL is all about feel good stories.
Michael Christian is nothing but an AFL puppet. Do what we want and keep your job. How Bzt and Heeney were adjudged so differently is nothing short of corrupt

Its at the very least incredibly inconsistent i dont think they would have any reason to single out Heeney
Not Heeney …. But no way consider anything favourable for the club.

Last edited:
St Kilda player trips over, gets a bloody nose, opponent gets suspended for a week
BTZ swings his arm back, gives a guy concussion, no case to answer.

Should be embarrassing for the AFL, but then the CEO came out last week and said the umpiring is as good now as it ever was.

So why should we, the supporters, expect anything better? :mad:

Would be super funny if somehow Heeney won it and then Gulden finished up second so that we still get the spoils but also the AFL gets laughed at for being dumb.
Heeney votes will dry up now.

St Kilda player trips over, gets a bloody nose, opponent gets suspended for a week
BTZ swings his arm back, gives a guy concussion, no case to answer.

Should be embarrassing for the AFL, but then the CEO came out last week and said the umpiring is as good now as it ever was.

So why should we, the supporters, expect anything better? :mad:

There you go thats all that needed to be said honestly.

Whatever little angle we had for arguing this case was poor tho

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They will this week.
What’s to say he won’t vote well in other games.
Umps know he is ineligible, that’s what.

That will just be admitting to manipulation doesnt matter if he is not eligible if he still is the best player on the ground.
Ok…I am not sure that will matter, maybe gets a 1 vote instead of 3.

Corey McKernan polled more than half of his votes after being suspended to win the Brownlow. Not sure your theory makes sense to me.
When was that again? A much less scrutinised time than now. Dollar investments etc….we have a league interested in very different things these days.

It was close to 30 years ago… 😂
Given the umpires vote in mysterious ways you can’t rule in or out Heeney getting votes in the last few rounds.
I mean i did mention that JHF got 3 votes for effectively turning up to the ground in rd 14 last year so who knows if Heeney will even be top 3. Its an award loosing massive credibility year by year its only a matter of time before even with all the history behind the award that something changes.

Corey McKernan polled more than half of his votes after being suspended to win the Brownlow. Not sure your theory makes sense to me.
That was nearly 30 years ago, the AFL weren't as manipulated as they are now.
With the exception of Watson - a totally different case scenario, how long has it been since a suspended player even came close to winning it?
If people don't think this award is as manipulated as the umpiring and the competition itself, they are seriously deluded.

I mean i did mention that JHF got 3 votes for effectively turning up to the ground in rd 14 last year so who knows if Heeney will even be top 3. Its an award loosing massive credibility year by year its only a matter of time before even with all the history behind the award that something changes.
Personally I think the coaches award is the better one to win. Heeney has never polled that well in the Brownlow but if he wasn’t leading after the first 5 rounds you would have to wonder why.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney: 2024 All Australian

Remove this Banner Ad

Back