Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney: 2024 All Australian

Remove this Banner Ad

Heeney 2.jpg

Isaac Heeney

Isaac Heeney is a crowd favourite and one of the best young players in the competition. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy graduate won the 2018 AFL Mark of the Year award, was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in two of his eligible four years and played his 100th senior game in 2019. Heeney can be used in the midfield, forward line – where he booted four goals in star teammate Lance Franklin’s absence in Round 20 last year – or as a loose man in defence.

Isaac Heeney
DOB: 05 May 1996
DEBUT: 2015
DRAFT: #18, 2014 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Cardiff (NSW)

Last edited by a moderator:

If you watch him closely he's not doing much different form the start of the season. His running patterns in and around the contest are the same, it's his teammates that are letting him down. The group as a whole is allowing space to close in on each other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've said it before, this bloke is the single most talented footballer I've ever seen and you cannot change my mind. I have never seen a player lead his team mates into space with his handballs the way Heeney does.

Even I didn't know if he had that last quarter in him. Just dragging a team from nowhere over the line. Incredible.

He is the most talented player we have had since we moved to Sydney imo.

He just has never been consistently great until the first half of this year and he was back tonight for 3 quarters then he said **** this we win this game boys...

He is the most talented player we have had since we moved to Sydney imo.

He just has never been consistently great until the first half of this year and he was back tonight for 3 quarters then he said **** this we win this game boys...
Never watched Adam Goodes

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney: 2024 All Australian

Remove this Banner Ad

Back