Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney: 2024 All Australian

Remove this Banner Ad

Heeney 2.jpg

Isaac Heeney

Isaac Heeney is a crowd favourite and one of the best young players in the competition. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy graduate won the 2018 AFL Mark of the Year award, was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in two of his eligible four years and played his 100th senior game in 2019. Heeney can be used in the midfield, forward line – where he booted four goals in star teammate Lance Franklin’s absence in Round 20 last year – or as a loose man in defence.

Isaac Heeney
DOB: 05 May 1996
DEBUT: 2015
DRAFT: #18, 2014 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Cardiff (NSW)

Last edited by a moderator:

He's still working so hard. So hard at the ball and so many 2nd and 3rd defensive efforts it's hard to know what's wrong. I actually thought he was okay today, just couldn't get any space to use the ball.

Laughable from the media going hard rubbing him out, if he wore another guernsey would be getting the good bloke defence. The MRO will cite him now.
He should get off at tribunal when we challenge given what others have been getting off for, i.e Butters clipping blokes every week....I say should because our tribunal defences are generally shithouse. Other clubs would get him off, not confident we will. If we can't beat North without him we're in trouble anyway, probably needs a rest at some point too.

Laughable from the media going hard rubbing him out, if he wore another guernsey would be getting the good bloke defence. The MRO will cite him now.
He should get off at tribunal when we challenge given what others have been getting off for, i.e Butters clipping blokes every week....I say should because our tribunal defences are generally shithouse. Other clubs would get him off, not confident we will. If we can't beat North without him we're in trouble anyway, probably needs a rest at some point too.

Our tribunal defence got Rampe and McCartin overturned last two times they were deployed …you’re way off with your shithouse comment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cases they will present are BZT's exact same movement on the Saturday, Duyrea on Daicos a couple of weeks ago and also state that Webster's body height was lower thus causing the palm off to be higher than usual. They will also make a case that the palm off caused no physical damage but rather the fact that Webster's face lands on Heeney's knee when he falls

1 week ffs
When you really have a look at what Heeney did, trying to evade a player, in a contact sport, who was grappling him, the outcome was a bloody nose. In a contact sport. Heeney was not malicious. Rather competitive.
If the AFL wants this rule to rule they way players behave, then the game will lose integrity.
The AFL will get what it deserves. A game with less competitiveness and integrity.

Cases they will present are BZT's exact same movement on the Saturday, Duyrea on Daicos a couple of weeks ago and also state that Webster's body height was lower thus causing the palm off to be higher than usual. They will also make a case that the palm off caused no physical damage but rather the fact that Webster's face lands on Heeney's knee when he falls

Hogan, Butters, etc. there's plenty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney: 2024 All Australian

Remove this Banner Ad

Back