Toast 5 Selected in the All Australian Squad!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
San Francisco 49ers, Swan Districts.

Five Fremantle players are in the running for All Australian honours in 2024, with Andrew Brayshaw, Jordan Clark, Luke Ryan, Caleb Serong, and Hayden Young all named in the extended squad of 44 players.

Brayshaw (2022), Ryan (2020), and Serong (2023) already hold an All Australian jacket, while this is the first time Clark and Young have been named in the squad.

The final team of 22 will be announced on Thursday night as part of the AFL Awards, where the AFLPA MVP, Rising Star, and AFLCA AFL Champion Player Award winner will also be announced.

EXCELLENT NEWS!!

Equal most players in the squad alongside Brisbane.

Five Fremantle players are in the running for All Australian honours in 2024, with Andrew Brayshaw, Jordan Clark, Luke Ryan, Caleb Serong, and Hayden Young all named in the extended squad of 44 players.

Brayshaw (2022), Ryan (2020), and Serong (2023) already hold an All Australian jacket, while this is the first time Clark and Young have been named in the squad.

The final team of 22 will be announced on Thursday night as part of the AFL Awards, where the AFLPA MVP, Rising Star, and AFLCA AFL Champion Player Award winner will also be announced.

EXCELLENT NEWS!!

Equal most players in the squad alongside Brisbane.
Excellent that Clark finally got recognised.
Treacy would’ve been close had he kicked 50.

Just prepared for none of those guys to be selected in the 22, given the ladder position and how poorly the season ended

Well deserved for those 5.

You add guys like Cox, Jackson, Darcy, Pearce playing to their best standard.

Sprinkle that 9 with Treacy and Amiss.

It’s a wonder why we aren’t a flag contender.

This just further frustrates me!

boy crying interview GIF

This probably further highlights our bottom 6 are BAD!

But we have ‘depth’ because our team from player 16-30 are equally as bad as each other!!

Ryan has to use the ball much better to actually deserve this.

Kicking sideways and bombing it 50m down the line might look great for the disposal efficiency stats but it’s not helping us win games.

TBF he wasn’t doing this in the first half of the season but he’s been deplorable the last two months when we’ve dropped off massively.

Ryan has to use the ball much better to actually deserve this.

While I agree with you, the selection board just look for stats to back up their hunch and Luke Ryan has the highest average rebound 50s and the highest average effective kicks in the competition this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 is close to a quarter of the 22 in our team. We still missed finals. FML

Good to see Clark get recognized, thought Nick Martin would be picked ahead of him, simply because he plays for a big vic team.

Not a good look this for the coaching staff to have all these guys in the AA squad and still no finals.

I honestly hope none of them get on the final team. I want them to hurt this offseason. Jackson and cox have both been dogshit since they got on these squads.
It’s a team game anyway, the AA squad is complete American nonsense. Pick a team of 23 and leave it at that.

Happy for Serong, Young and Clark to get the recogntion for having great years. Brayshaw was amazing for the backend but struggled early so not sure I would have him in the squad and Ryan shouldn't even be close given his end to the season.

Proves the old adage that it's not about your top 5 players, it's about your bottom 5.

Not everyone on the team can be a superstar, but...

We have a few that are cooked but still get regular games.

We also have a few who put in way too many "invisible" games.

Until we are able to move past them we're not winning a flag.

5 is close to a quarter of the 22 in our team. We still missed finals. FML

Good to see Clark get recognized, thought Nick Martin would be picked ahead of him, simply because he plays for a big vic team.

Think players 8-16 need to improve tbh. I’m putting Pearce and Treacy at 6 and 7 btw.

Really didn’t get enough from everyone else this season - don’t think anyone bar Pearce and Treacy make a second AA squad and I don’t think we’d have too many (if any) in the third one either.

People will point out our bottom five players instead but I’ve seen some really shite players win flags. I haven’t seen a team with seven good players win a flag.

Luke Ryan - back pocket
Caleb Serong - Rover

Congrats boys!

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast 5 Selected in the All Australian Squad!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back