Player Watch #51 Jacob Blight - Re-Signed for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Been playing in a system pretty close to Freo's at Peel for the past couple of years, deserves his chance for sure.

Best KPD in the WAFL.

Freo fans would have instantly picked him up as an injury replacement when Cox and Mcdonald went down in round 1 but unfortunately not an option.

Would be surprised if he isn't able to step up to AFL level, mobility was always the worry in previous years but his read of the play and intercepting has ended up trumping it, had to be given a shot.
Out of all the current or past AFL defenders who would you say his playing style resembles and doesnt have to be top line defenders. Who will we think of first time we watch him play a full game in your opinion

Reminds me of ex-crows defender Kyle Hartigan

Reminds me of ex-crows defender Kyle Hartigan

Reminds me of a cross between Brett Rutten and Adam Tomlinson. Though I have no idea how Daniel Cross got between Ben Rutten and Adam Tomlinson.

The good thing is Ben Rutten is at our club, and Ben Rutten knows a thing or two about being Ben Rutten. But fortunately he wouldn't know too much about being Adam Tomlinson. Or Daniel Cross. :oops:

Solid defender. We have a heap of key talls now. Concentrate on the middle of the ground in the end of season draft. Mid, Ruck and Wing. Do we need more speed and long kickers? Have a few picks. A half back and forward might be looked at too.
Lefau was training as a midfielder in the preseason wasn’t he? He could answer some questions :cool:

Solid defender. We have a heap of key talls now. Concentrate on the middle of the ground in the end of season draft. Mid, Ruck and Wing. Do we need more speed and long kickers? Have a few picks. A half back and forward might be looked at too.
Lefau was training as a midfielder in the preseason wasn’t he? He could answer some questions :cool:
Hahaha Lefau runs out of puff playing full forward mate
Hes got as much chance of playing midfield as I have of ****ing Margot Robbie

Reminds me of a cross between Brett Rutten and Adam Tomlinson. Though I have no idea how Daniel Cross got between Ben Rutten and Adam Tomlinson.

The good thing is Ben Rutten is at our club, and Ben Rutten knows a thing or two about being Ben Rutten. But fortunately he wouldn't know too much about being Adam Tomlinson. Or Daniel Cross. :oops:
Just don’t want him to stop going for his marks , gibcus did after a month , no good , go for em

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like this pick. Blight reminds me of a Astbury/Tarrant type. Just a big stopper.

Smart move by Toce imo given some of the rumblings about our backline (miller being out of contract etc etc)
More similar to Broad for Mine
Think he will end up playing a similar role as well

Hahaha Lefau runs out of puff playing full forward mate
Hes got as much chance of playing midfield as I have of ****ing Margot Robbie
Lefau has been one of our best runners since debuting. Constantly around the 15km ran mark

He's considerably bigger than Broad and looks more like a full back than a back pocket?
Only 3cm if we go by the heights we are given
Broad gives away a few kgs but don’t think they are that far are apart

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #51 Jacob Blight - Re-Signed for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back