Player Watch #51 Jacob Blight - Re-Signed for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol at the bloke that gets left hanging for an eternity.

How’s grandad on the right busting out the tan slacks, jacket and RM Williams belt combo

What a legend

can someone c&p please?

Southern

Peel Thunder defender Jacob Blight rides roller-coaster as Richmond take him in mid-season draft​

Jacob Blight was riding a wave of emotions in the moments after the Peel Thunder defender became a Richmond one.
The 22-year-old was one of the hottest prospects at this year’s mid-season rookie draft after a strong start to the season, so it was little surprise that the Tigers pounced with pick No.2.
The 196cm, 102kg key defender from Railways in Albany has been slugging away for years, having begun his career at Claremont before making the move to Peel Thunder before 2023 season.

Now he is a mainstay in a side filled with Fremantle talent every week, averaging 18 disposals and nine marks in defence.
The last hour or so I’ve been pretty nervous. I’m not really a nervous type. I don’t get nervous before games or anything like that,” an emotional Blight told The West Australian.

“It all happened so quickly, there was no notice or nothing. It just happened right there and then.

“I’m beyond grateful. It’s been something I’ve been working on for forever.”

Blight credited Peel’s alliance with the Dockers, where also trained in December 2022, for helping transform his game.
Working on the finer details and getting to work with some professionals on the field, quality coaches and players and training at Freo — it’s a combination of things,” he said.

“It’s not all on-field though. There’s a lot of parts of my character I worked on and everything else to go with it.”

The Tigers are in the midst of a tough injury crisis, meaning Blight could suit up before the season’s end.

“That’s the aim. You want to be on a list, but once you’re on a list you want to get a game,” Blight said.

“My career has been nothing short of earning every step of the way and I don’t think it will be any different being at a club like Richmond.

“I want to earn the respect of the players on and off field and make some mates and get along with people. It will be my focus for now and if a game comes around before the end of the year I feel I’ll be more than ready to do my part.”

I used this site for those wondering

Last edited:
miller and blight as key posts allows gibcus to become a really damaging interceptor with that leap and mark he has. throw in bauer, floss, rioli etc. could have solidified a back six
Lol at the bloke that gets left hanging for an eternity.

legend has it hes still hanging to this day

He looks the goods. North should have really grabbed him given they lost McKay last year. Wonder if they got a conniption thinking they would have to call out another Jacob as the first pick of the midseason draft (Edwards was awful after being spoken about so highly) and opted for someone else.

Really happy with our two picks. Kind of wanted us to take three or four but I wonder if we were after Teakle at our second pick and knew no one was after Gray.

Great interview
Seems extremely driven and willing to put the work in
If so this will help build club culture off the field. Good focus and determination to get the best out of himself.

Where he also said he wants to get along with people and make mates also a good indicator of bringing more than just the physical side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Polak was great for us until he got hit by a tram

Graham was great until he got polaksed by the tram. 🤣

Our WA scout doesn't miss....
Our record with key defenders from WA isn’t to shabby? Interestingly just heard he has been a Tiger for a long time, doesn’t need a lot of practice with the Best song in the AFL… Kismet?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #51 Jacob Blight - Re-Signed for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back