Player Watch #6: George Wardlaw - two-time RS nominee ('23 &'24) - the Warlord - out vs WBD w/ concussion symptoms from training incident

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s the latest intel on the Bont guys? At the ground but too late to see the boys having their pre game run

Was missed.

His ability to break lines and get the footy out of stoppage and into space would have been vital today.

And he can stick a tackle too.

Sadly no, Jy and Powell cannot cover for him.

I never expected to win but geez a certain 20 year old would have been handy yesterday.

There were these frustrating lulls in the 3rd and 4th quarters where Dogs weren't putting us away and we were poised to grab the game by the throat.

Just waiting for a couple of those frenzied efforts that lift the group and snatch the momentum.

Never came.

George will own those lulls - as Carey did.

Last edited:
Was missed.

His ability to break lines and get the footy out of stoppage and into space would have been vital today.

And he can stick a tackle too.

Sadly no, Jy and Powell cannot cover for him.
They get another chance this weekend. Would love it if they proved us wrong but just don’t see it happening. On the plus side, George gets a rest & will be raring to go in two weeks time.

I never expected to win but geez certain 20 year old would have been handy yesterday.

There were these frustrating lulls in the 3rd and 4th quarters where Dogs weren't putting us way and we were poised to grab the game by the throat.

Just waiting for a couple of those frenzied efforts that lift the group and snatch the momentum.

Never came.

George will own those lulls - as Carey did.
100%. Glad someone else said it. I’ve no doubt he will be that player for us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody heck I got given a George card and it’s pride of place on my computer screen. But it’s blocking crucial drop down boxes so I can work. I ain’t moving it, so I’m ****ed.
View attachment 2036069
Oh well
I didn't know you work for the Geelong Football Club Stadium Fund.

You're exceptionally good at this stuff. I assume it's your area of work.
Yeah, I am a programmer by trade. More in a BA role now, but definitely some overlap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back