Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean, just have a look at him!

266813-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

Embarrassment.

Door is that way d***head >>

Hansen is probably the only one capable of running to provide an option across half back and then work his way back up forward to provide a lead, and do it for 4 quarters. That is why he was taken at pick 3. Plus he has very good hands in a mark. Don't worry that he has been dropping them lately, that's not something you loose. He's just out of form

A Kenyan can also run all day, doesnt mean he can do anything with a footy, if i hear the words "big tank" "decoy" "good hands" once more..........fair dinkum.

I wonder if B.Scott will have the minerals to play Black in lieu of Hansen!?!?!?! Would make a nice change.

Probably about time to give the Hansen threads a rest.

If he is elevated above other players it naturally follows he will be commented upon more.

Just let him play and let his footy do the talking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think laconic means what you think it does.
You're right, we've had a discussion about this once before in some thread or other.

Somewhere along the line in Australia it has come to mean "laid back", rather than "using few words".

Some discussion of the change in meaning here:
http://www.vicbar.com.au/GetFile.ashx?file=VicBarNewsFiles/A Bit About Words - Laconic135.pdf

Personally, I think it probably was used to describe typical Australian men of the 19th century in that they were men of few words, but gradually got confused with another attribute perceived as being quintessentially Australian at the time, being laid back and relaxed. Neither probably rightly applies any more.

You're right, we've had a discussion about this once before in some thread or other.

Somewhere along the line in Australia it has come to mean "laid back", rather than "using few words".

Some discussion of the change in meaning here:
http://www.vicbar.com.au/GetFile.ashx?file=VicBarNewsFiles/A Bit About Words - Laconic135.pdf

Personally, I think it probably was used to describe typical Australian men of the 19th century in that they were men of few words, but gradually got confused with another attribute perceived as being quintessentially Australian at the time, being laid back and relaxed. Neither probably rightly applies any more.

Learning more on Bigfooty than at Uni like usual :thumbsu:

Did he cut your lunch or something dude?

Would he even be capable of doing this?

Good to see he has been gifted another game this weekend.

Gonna hurt when Black leaves for greener pastures at the end of the year and we are left with..

logo_ios.png

I didn't think Hansen was as bad as some are making him out to be. Had a quiet day sure, but he still contested for marks....the opposition defenders had the better of him. Still managed to kick goal.

As Brad has said in past, the forwards are judged as a group, not as individuals. We kick 100+ points does it matter who it comes from?

Send Hansen to the backline. Probably needs a few games in the VFL to get his confidence back but he was made to play back and it brings out the mongrel in him.

Please, Brad. Just do it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back