Past #7: Adam Simpson - 306 games for NM (95-09; 5th AT) - NM captain (04-08) - current WCE head coach

who is better boomer or simmo and who would win the brownlow

• boomer

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • simmo

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I was very disappointed to arrive home on Monday night to hear that Simmo is pulling the pin on his playing career. I think he could have easily gone around another year. A wonderful servant of the club. Well done Simmo. And all the very best in where your future leads you.

Which led me to wonder whether Simmo might well be part of our coaching set up next year?

In my opinion he has some of the essential credentials. A dual premiership player. A hard at it fearless competitor. A former captain of our club. From what I have seen during his career and more recently heard when he has been providing special comments on 774, a very astute thinker. Would be widely respected and liked by the playing group. Wants to remain involved in footy from what I have heard.

The new coach, whoever he may be, could do worse than recruit him as one of the assistants, as almost certainly the existing assistants will be sinking with "the good ship" Laidley.

And of course he is also very skilled in the video department area as we all know.:D:thumbsu:

Maybe one day he can come back.

I'd rather implement an expierenced coaching panel around our new possibly 'raw' senior coach.

I hope we aren't going to start a thread and nominate every single person that comes to mind. He said he will get into assistant coaching or look at a VFL or junior position. Only a very few players can pull off coaching without experience. Lets not start nominating everyone for the coach position, it is getting silly. :p
I nominate the two Davids to be joint senior coaches.

Calthorpe to be in charge of weight enhancement (6 square takeaway meals a day) and Bourke to be in charge of weight reduction (achieved through much running and jumping without actually getting the pill).

Both have excellent credentials in these areas. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Maybe one day he can come back.

I'd rather implement an expierenced coaching panel around our new possibly 'raw' senior coach.

I think we must get experienced ass coaches from successful clubs and pick their brains , too many NM ass coaches need fresh ideas ie skill dev for players, a centre square that works , a forward structure that seems to have some structure and plan , shall I go on .

The same ass coaches with a new coach from outside will slow down an7y new plans .

The North Melbourne team will train tomorrow at Arden Street for the final time before their clash with Carlton on Friday night.

Former captain, dual premiership player, Syd Barker Medalist and All-Australian Adam Simpson will be participating in his last training session for the club as he prepares for his final match.

Get down to Arden Street from 11.00am tomorrow and farewell a Kangaroos' champion.

I think we must get experienced ass coaches from successful clubs and pick their brains , too many NM ass coaches need fresh ideas ie skill dev for players, a centre square that works , a forward structure that seems to have some structure and plan , shall I go on .

The same ass coaches with a new coach from outside will slow down an7y new plans .

Do we need that many Ass Coaches? This is North Melb not Hawthorn.

omg i stil can't understand why the hell he is finishing now and not at seasons end.. :confused:
any ways i'll be @ training with the kids
i got the day off:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went down to training today as it would be simmos last training session. Training ended and all the boys went into the rooms, gave hardly any time for Signatures. I had a top that i wanted Simmo to sign, Asked crocker weather Simmo would be coming back to sign stuff, he said he will get hime out soon.. Waited around for 15 minutes we were then told simmo had gone into Match commitee and would not be coming out for a few hours..

Pretty poor really, alot of us were all there for Simmo and they couldn't even dedicate 10 minutes for signatures.. Anyway had a talk to Brayshaw today, got him to sign my top and same with Crocker.

That's disappointing to see tdf. Especially after the call went out for people not to miss Simmo's last training run. They're usually better than that and it would have to be an unfortunate oversight.

was Wells running out there at training? sorry it's not related but you went... so i'm asking.... there is no law saying I can't right?
also Did we get Buckley as senior coach?

was Wells running out there at training? sorry it's not related but you went... so i'm asking.... there is no law saying I can't right?
also Did we get Buckley as senior coach?

Wells trained with the boys, did the running. Seemed ok to me, wasn't watching him alot though.

Anthony spent most of the time taking shots at goal, Warren and Ziebell were there doing some handballing drills. Crocker spent 10-15mins at the end doing kicking drills with Corey Jones.

The focus of today was taking it from defence to attack throught the centre of the ground, looked good at times but could also tell that some class was lacking with a few to many handballs going at the feet of running players.

Brayshaw was there, getting photos with all the kids and stuff..

Doesn't really bother me all that much Mick, but all the kids that were there, they could have set uside 15minutes to get singantures and stuf..

And the New facilities are looking better by the day, Just awesome stuff.

On the flip side, it shows the boys might be a little more focussed on this game and want as little distractions as possible. Not saying that signing a few signatures is distracting, but to me it looks like this is a game we are very keen to win. I am sure the club is keen to allow the fans to say goodbye to simmo at another point in time.

On the flip side, it shows the boys might be a little more focussed on this game and want as little distractions as possible. Not saying that signing a few signatures is distracting, but to me it looks like this is a game we are very keen to win. I am sure the club is keen to allow the fans to say goodbye to simmo at another point in time.

Let's hope you're right CS! Nothing short of a 100% balls out effort is acceptable, if we're to pay homage to Simmo.

They said he would be back next week.. But they were asking everyone to get down to training as it would be Simmos last, could have set aside some time for Autographs, never mind.. Simmo got a clap off from all the boys.

Not really related to the OP, but Friday's game will be the last involving a 1996 Premiership player - 13 years after the '96 GF. The first was Flossy Fairley's first game in Round 7, 1983 against Hawthorn - 13 years before the '96 GF.

It also leaves Brent Harvey as the only 1999 Premiership player left at the club (Mooney and Welsh are still going around elsewhere). The firsts and last of all the premierships are:

Barry Goodingham (debut 1967) -> 1975 premiership -> Wayne Schimmelbusch (retired 1987)
Ken Montgomery (debut 1968) -> 1977 premiership -> Steve McCann (retired 1988)
Ian Fairley (debut 1983) -> 1996 premiership -> Adam Simpson (retired 2009)
Brett Allison (debut 1987) -> 1999 premiership -> Brent Harvey

Went down to training today as it would be simmos last training session. Training ended and all the boys went into the rooms, gave hardly any time for Signatures. I had a top that i wanted Simmo to sign, Asked crocker weather Simmo would be coming back to sign stuff, he said he will get hime out soon.. Waited around for 15 minutes we were then told simmo had gone into Match commitee and would not be coming out for a few hours..

Pretty poor really, alot of us were all there for Simmo and they couldn't even dedicate 10 minutes for signatures.. Anyway had a talk to Brayshaw today, got him to sign my top and same with Crocker.

What 305 games wasnt enough time for you to get a signiture? Give the bloke a break, he's preparing for his last game ever and by the sounds of it actually wants to win.

I have some sympathy for you - after the club urged fans to get there and give him a bit of a send off you would expect a little time for an autograph. But I must say this would be an oversight as Simmo is as cooperative as anyone when it come to this sort of thing. Looks like someone at the club just didn't make sure it ws in the schedule.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #7: Adam Simpson - 306 games for NM (95-09; 5th AT) - NM captain (04-08) - current WCE head coach

Back