Past #7: Adam Simpson - 306 games for NM (95-09; 5th AT) - NM captain (04-08) - current WCE head coach

who is better boomer or simmo and who would win the brownlow

• boomer

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • simmo

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Suggest it would be in his and the Clubs best interest to cut his teeth as an assistant at another Club. I wish him well.

Which is exactly what JB said to Simmo when he was a guest one day on The Sunday Footy Show (I think). He said that Simmo should go to another club to get more experience.

Suggest it would be in his and the Clubs best interest to cut his teeth as an assistant at another Club. I wish him well.
Fully agree cut his teeth at another club and if he returns to the club latter on so be it ,if he does not so be it .ps i think he has the makings of a AFL coach i wish him all the best .:thumbsu:

Yeah, how many Richmond assistants or players became senior coaches elsewhere over the last 20 years?

Knighs only, IIRC, and he did it by leaving the place at the earliest opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does Ross Lyon?

But really, does it matter? We've been shit for most of 25 years, of course we would not have many assistants or players go on to be coaches. Although Leon Cameron probably will it seems.

If Simpson comes to us it's because he wants to be an assistant who can work in a new surrounding with a young group and a new coach he can relate to and try to get us the hell out of the doldrums we've been in for 25 years and I'll be glad to see him around the club given the player he was.

I don't see any reason for North supporters to be so negative about it. :confused: I don't see Port being bitter about Lade coming to Richmond even though they rate him very highly.

Simmo would be a great acquisition for Richmond - not sure Richmond is a good fit for him, its a big risk for him, you only have to look at David King to see how being at a club with a losing culture can affect your ambition to be a senior coach. But on the other hand, if they are successful in this period his reputation would increase more then ever because of their lack of success.

Tough call i reckon - but id take the risk if i was simmo

I don't see any reason for North supporters to be so negative about it. :confused: I don't see Port being bitter about Lade coming to Richmond even though they rate him very highly.

I guess supporters hope one of the favourite sons will choose Geelong, or a similarly successful club in the noughties, eventually returning to the fold armed with the necessary knowledge and experience to metamorphasise us into Geelong Mark II.

I think Simmo will be an asset to whichever club he ends up working with. If it turns out to be Richmond and working alongside Hardwick (who does come from successful clubs himself), so be it. 'Tis fine by me, wherever he ends up.

I tend not to believe The Australian though, until I hear it elsewhere.

If he ends up with the Tiges PHX, you have yourself a gem of a bloke :thumbsu:

Simmo would be a great acquisition for Richmond - not sure Richmond is a good fit for him, its a big risk for him, you only have to look at David King to see how being at a club with a losing culture can affect your ambition to be a senior coach. But on the other hand, if they are successful in this period his reputation would increase more then ever because of their lack of success.

Tough call i reckon - but id take the risk if i was simmo

Precisely Joey7. I imagine that's the very thing tempting him to Punt Rd, as well as the fresh team of coaches he'll be surrounded by under Hardwick. Surely it's all upside? I hope they fill the other available asst. coaching spots with asst's from top clubs. The information sharing will be no less in that case, and this team of coaches is a long way removed from those who worked under Wallet!

Personally, I'm not to fussed if he coaches at Richmond, so long as he is convinced Hardwick and the club have a clear direction.

It also means he doesn't have to move his family as well, so that might be in his thoughts too. I wouldn't be worried about him being tainted at Richmond, as Crocker has made it elsewhere, its more the quality and character of an assistant when it comes to future job opportunities, and Simmo has a great reputation and character, like Crocker has.

I think Simmo would be a ripper coach, he's a strong leader, has a good footy brain, and is not afraid to tell it how it is.
I think Hardwick is making all the right calls so far, he may well turn it around.

But yeah, it would be weird seeing Simmo at Richmond, but it would look good if he was part of a turnaround.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #7: Adam Simpson - 306 games for NM (95-09; 5th AT) - NM captain (04-08) - current WCE head coach

Back