AFL Player # 7: Indefatigable Zach Merrett (c) - Interview with The Age - 20/9

Remove this Banner Ad

Zack has been lucky so far in his career in that it took teams a good 12 months to realise he should be tagged - Teams should have taggied him instead of Zaharakis in 2016 - Got tagged a bit in 2017 and got better as he gained more experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How long before some of the heat begins to fall on our supposed "A grade" midfielder?

If Heppell or Zaharakis had put in that sort of performance they would be having their asses handed to them on this board.

Kid has all the tools to be a star.

He's playing stat merchant footy that is close to meaningless and frankly last year was not All Australian standard for the same reason (though he obviously had a good year). He's not as overrated as Heppell.

I don't want to see him get another uncontested possession near our defensive 50 in the next few weeks. It's a complete waste of time.

He's being Essington'd. I fear for all of the talented kids.

Kid has all the tools to be a star.

He's playing stat merchant footy that is close to meaningless and frankly last year was not All Australian standard for the same reason (though he obviously had a good year). He's not as overrated as Heppell.

I don't want to see him get another uncontested possession near our defensive 50 in the next few weeks. It's a complete waste of time.

He's being Essington'd. I fear for all of the talented kids.
posted in the "softness derail" thread on the MB
Has not been the same with Heppell coming back and effectively taking over his role as both a leader and the key mid in our setup.

Seriously wondering if the time has come to make Zach captain, put him at the coal face as our #1 mid and slide Heppell out to a wing.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 7: Indefatigable Zach Merrett (c) - Interview with The Age - 20/9

Remove this Banner Ad

Back