Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - signs until end 2025! Runner up in the 2022 Syd Barker Medal Award

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

As much as I despise the gambling that sadly prolirates the AFL like an addict in need of rehab those LDU brownlow odds are turing me into the 70 pounds Coke Bear. Only North fans will know why.
Some of the names ahead of him are questionable to say the least.

Jack Steele @ $21
Chad Warner @ $26
Darcy Parish @ $34
Tom Mitchell @ $34
Connor Rozee @ $41

He looked pretty happy in that interview!
That’s just how he is I reckon. He was almost exactly like that when I was yacking to him the other day, he’s quite polite 👍

Some of the names ahead of him are questionable to say the least.

Jack Steele @ $21
Chad Warner @ $26
Darcy Parish @ $34
Tom Mitchell @ $34
Connor Rozee @ $41
Lol what? Considering the likelihood of their clubs to win games and respective runs on the board there's literally no questions over any of those guys being ahead of him as it stands.

Lol what? Considering the likelihood of their clubs to win games and respective runs on the board there's literally no questions over any of those guys being ahead of him as it stands.
I’d back LDU to receive more votes than all of them, which is why I made the comment.

Injury permitting of course.

AFL News: Luke Davies-Uniacke to remain at North Melbourne until end of 2025​

Jay Clark December 19, 2022 - 11:37AM

North Melbourne will be the home of one rising midfield star until at least the end of 2025 as it continues to revamp its list under new coach Alastair Clarkson.

North Melbourne has locked away star midfielder Luke Davies-Uniacke to a new contract extension, helping secure one of the club’s most important players.
Only months after Jason Horne-Francis walked out on the club, powerful onballer Davies-Uniacke has agreed to stay at Arden St for another two years in a massive coup for the Roos.

Davies-Uniacke, 23, was already contracted until the end of 2023, meaning the new deal will keep him in blue and white until the end of 2025.

The No. 4 draft pick was certain to be targeted by rivals if he remained unsigned next season but the signature means he will be off limits to a poaching raid.

Davies-Uniacke enjoyed a breakout season this year, finishing second in the club best-and-fairest award after a fine campaign averaging 25 disposals and five clearances a game.

He is widely considered one of the most explosive and exciting young midfielders in the competition and will play a significant role in the club’s on-field resurgence under new coach Alastair Clarkson.

It is a significant commitment for the Roos who have enjoyed a wave of positive off-field signings including new assistant coach Brett Ratten, ruck coach Damien Monkhorst, new chief executive Jennifer Watt and new midfield signing Liam Shiels.

The Kangaroos are also trying to re-sign free agent full back Ben McKay who is out of contract at the end of next season.

After losing defender Robbie Tarrant to Richmond, the Kangaroos would be reluctant to lose another star key back at the end of next year.

However, there is a juicy silver lining because his departure as a restricted free agent could secure the Kangaroos another top-three draft pick as compensation, depending on their ladder position at the end of the year.

Whether the Roos are rewarded with a first-round draft pick as compensation would depend on his salary at a new club.

But it is possible he could be paid more than $750,000 to switch teams if he can become one of the best key defenders in the league, meaning the Roos could be rewarded with tier-one compensation.

North Melbourne remains the favourite to win the wooden spoon.

If they did finish last and McKay left, North would land the first two picks in the draft next year.

The man who is the favourite to go No. 1 in next year’s draft is explosive midfielder and superstar-in-the-making Harley Reid.

Bendigo’s Reid, who has been likened to Richmond jet Dustin Martin, has signed with top player agent Nick Gieschen, from Connors Sports.

North Melbourne also has Port Adelaide’s first-round pick in next year’s draft after welcoming it as part of the package for departed forward Horne-Francis.

“Luke has rapidly become one of the club’s most important players, there are plenty of examples of that throughout the season just gone,” North head of football talent Brady Rawlings said.

“We’re ecstatic to have a player of his calibre commit to North Melbourne for another two years, he’s such a terrific person to have at the club both on and off the field, and we know how much our members and fans have loved his recent rise as a footballer.

“We’ve got so much confidence in him, and we look forward to seeing him take his game to yet another level.”

Last edited:
The Clarko trial period deal

Let’s hope we, as a club, can show him a greener future
Bingo, he's showing some faith in us that he didn't have to and it's time for us to repay that faith and show him the club can be an environment for success.

Said it before and will say it begin, as much as our leaders have been iffy on-field they have hit homeruns off-field to keep the group together. I would not have blamed anyone for wanting out after the hell since Scott left. I'm also surprised we haven't seen more 'broken' players, Melbourne had their fair share from their dark years. Then again we have been turning over the list like madmen... Maybe shitmen aren't just born, some are created.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bingo, he's showing some faith in us that he didn't have to and it's time for us to repay that faith and show him the club can be an environment for success.

Said it before and will say it begin, as much as our leaders have been iffy on-field they have hit homeruns off-field to keep the group together. I would not have blamed anyone for wanting out after the hell since Scott left. I'm also surprised we haven't seen more 'broken' players, Melbourne had their fair share from their dark years. Then again we have been turning over the list like madmen... Maybe shitmen aren't just born, some are created.
it was admittedly slightly tongue-in-cheek at the time just to tick a few ppl off, but a few months ago i posted how i thought Jy was arguably the second most important person at the footy club -- after Sonja, of course -- and had some people laugh at me

but this is exactly the kinda stuff I was referring to. even LDU has spoken about how good a leader he is and so does pretty much every player. i personally think it's almost certain that he's the driving force behind what you're talking about here and keeping the playing group tight-knit through what has been some historically bad times

Oh yeh there was doubt alright. If the stroke mouth lookin campaigner was still hangin round the club he wouldn’t of signed pre pre season 2023
There's no waiting till the end of the season for LDU.....HE was keen to get it locked away early. He's an inspirational young bloke who clearly loves the club and loyalty means a lot to him. I really hope everything gels and comes together under Clarko and they get to win some silverware, be oh so sweet for guys like this who would walk into any club yet have committed to our club through some tough times and personal adversity.

There's no waiting till the end of the season for LDU.....HE was keen to get it locked away early. He's an inspirational young bloke who clearly loves the club and loyalty means a lot to him. I really hope everything gels and comes together under Clarko and they get to win some silverware, be oh so sweet for guys like this who would walk into any club yet have committed to our club through some tough times and personal adversity.
He is admirable. Reminds me of JPK so much. Quiet achiever, humble and a ****ing natural born superstar

The Kangaroos are also trying to re-sign free agent full back Ben McKay who is out of contract at the end of next season.

After losing defender Robbie Tarrant to Richmond, the Kangaroos would be reluctant to lose another star key back at the end of next year.

However, there is a juicy silver lining because his departure as a restricted free agent could secure the Kangaroos another top-three draft pick as compensation, depending on their ladder position at the end of the year.

Whether the Roos are rewarded with a first-round draft pick as compensation would depend on his salary at a new club.

But it is possible he could be paid more than $750,000 to switch teams if he can become one of the best key defenders in the league, meaning the Roos could be rewarded with tier-one compensation.

If they did finish last and McKay left, North would land the first two picks in the draft next year.

unimpressed michael keaton GIF

unimpressed michael keaton GIF
Brady don't you ****ing dare go all Luff on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back