Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - signs until end 2025! Runner up in the 2022 Syd Barker Medal Award

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This bloke bursting from the pack is just...

Happy GIF

Reacting to anyone on sports radio in this era is like calling the police during a pantomime because you just witnessed "a bloke dressed up as a pirate steal a chest full of gold."
Great post.
The amount of people on here that get sucked into the football media pantomime and take issue with certain opinions and positions that are proposed to create a fake dramatic tension for further content on other associated shows owned by the same media conglomerates is rediculous.
It’s all spin to keep you entertained and monetise people wasting their boring lives staring at screens.
Which is what I’m doing now.

His confidence in the last 5 games is definitely Judd-like. Gets the ball and doesn't look back. Zero respect for the opposition.

Some of the fumbles, dropped marks, mis kicks in this video by other players has given me PTSD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First half vs Adelaide would probably have to be up there as one of the most dominant halves of footy by a midfielder I’ve seen in North colours, granted that doesn’t track back as far as some others on here, but that’s the sort of talent we have on our hands already.
Goldstein - Simpkin - Cunnington - Davies-Uniacke will be one of the best stoppage units in the league next season.

This kid and a fully fit Cunnington is the reason I feel confident there will be a jump in performance this season, centre clearences in particular are going to be fun to watch as he breaks away and kicks it deep into the forward 50.

First half vs Adelaide would probably have to be up there as one of the most dominant halves of footy by a midfielder I’ve seen in North colours, granted that doesn’t track back as far as some others on here, but that’s the sort of talent we have on our hands already.
Goldstein - Simpkin - Cunnington - Davies-Uniacke will be one of the best stoppage units in the league next season.
Agreed. Fully fit, we have a staunch on ball brigade. No questions and no doubt. If fit we have a team on paper that is good enough to fight it with the best. There are areas we are a bit thin with depth and will struggle at time, but the 100 point beltings should be a thing of the past now

yep, right up there with Andrew Swallow's 19 disposal quarter, or whatever it was

i still maintain though that Jy's game against richmond was our best individual performance of 2022 though, with LDU's adelaide game a close second, mainly because it was in a win. he was ridiculous in that one

Last year, we essentially had no one between the midfield and deepest forwards thanks to our poor structure. So this bloke would be forced to boot it long in hope after bullocking his way out of the middle. This year, all things being fair and equal, we'll have a natural key forward at CHF and a player of note on each forward flank leading towards the ball. If I had my way, the default setup would be Taylor on one and Sheezel on the other. The options that setup opens up for Luke when he bursts out of the middle... The difference should be noticeable, to say the least

Last edited:
He was genuinely taking the piss in that game.

He's got the body lets him play against men like he did as a juniour.

Let the fun commence.
Yep. This is the year and has been building for a long time. Clarkson will be ****ing licking his lips with what he can do off the back of this kid.

Yep. This is the year and has been building for a long time. Clarkson will be ******* licking his lips with what he can do off the back of this kid.
He mentions TT and LDU in that (predictive future) afl 360 segment from last year.

Yep. This is the year and has been building for a long time. Clarkson will be ******* licking his lips with what he can do off the back of this kid.

Especially with Cunners back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back