Senior 9. Patrick Cripps - 2024 Brownlow Medallist - Dual Winner - Captain Colossus

Remove this Banner Ad

Footy's a crazy simple game, people over complicate it, you can either play or you can't and he can.

True enough, though there's nothing over complicated or foolish about having doubts over someones ability to run out a game, if they'd lacked the ability to do so previously.

I'm sure the MC didn't plan on Menz going down in the first. That would have seriously mucked the limited rotations.
Of course, I had no problem with Crippa playing, I was just responding to someone claiming it's foolish to carefully manage the players.

Had to laugh at him getting caught I always find it funny when a kid gets their first run and is used to being so much faster than everyone else 90% of the time they get caught.

Then when he got nervous in front of goal and couldn't pick the ball up. All that screams is that the kid is eager and nervous. Good signs so far happy to keep him in this year.

Finds the ball well... but is alarmingly very slow.
We talking footspeed or?

Didn't see the game, but he couldn't be as slow as McLean... could he?

Nevertheless, with a good footy brain and a powerful body, I wouldn't be too worried. Jobe Watson is hardly a speedster.

Good first game, 16 touches is a great effort ANC will only get better from here. Hopefully the blokes around him can start setting a good example so he doesn't get lazy and pick up there habits.

Silver lining on a cloudy day, is clever and not scared to have a go.

Last qtr, earned a free for laying flat on the melb player when the ball was stuck underneath was more a wrestler submission hold, was quite funny, but he picked up during the game that the umps were paying holding the ball when players were pinned beneath the pack on top of them. (stupid rule, but thats another story) He then went back and took it upon himself to have a shot at goal, unfortunately he missed. Has nouse and knows how to get the ball, I like him.
Also in the last Gibbs was on the ground wrestling and 2 of our players went in to assist, first time in a long time I have seen that, the 2 players, Cripps and Graham. Hope he never gets homesick.

Last edited:
Silver lining on a cloudy day, is clever and not scared to have a go.

Last qtr, earned a free for laying flat on the melb player when the ball was stuck underneath was more a wrestler submission hold, was quite funny, but he picked up during the game that the umps were paying holding the ball when players were pinned beneath the pack on top of them. (stupid rule, but thats another story) He then went back and took it upon himself to have a shot at goal, unfortunately he missed. Has nouse and knows how to get the ball, I like him.
Also in the last Gibbs was on the ground wrestling and 2 of our players went in to assist, first time in a long time I have seen that, the 2 players, Cribbs and Graham. Hope he never gets homesick.

Yep hope ol' Cribbs never gets home sick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't bother me if Cribbs decides to walk, he's replaceable. Has shown next to nothing at his time at the club.

Cripps, on the other hand...

1371044065809.jpg

Like what I saw from Pat on debut.

He's not quick across the park but you can tell he knows what he's doing.

Loves the tough stuff which is great to see. Is a big boy and isn't afraid to get his hands dirty for the benefit of those around him.

Finds plenty of the ball owing to his style and generally makes good decisions. Needs to clean his disposal up but that'll come with greater exposure to the rigors of AFL football.

Also needs to work on his tank. The quicker he can get his fitness up to scratch the better. He's a hard worker so I'm sure that'll won't be too much of an issue.

Needs some help inside and can't do it alone at this stage but very promising signs early on and certainly a great platform for him to launch into his career. Hope to see him play plenty of games at senior level in 2014 and beyond.

Natural leader and competitor. More of the same please, Rogers.

We're going to get a bit of Cripps vs Dunstan this year, but we've really got ourselves something quite unique in Cripps.

You can never be certain but I love what I see in Cripps. Must be played through the centre more and more though.

How good was Crippa's last goal on Saturday. Knew there was no time left, just went back & slotted it with no fuss from 50. Not mention he looked like Juddy did that time against the Saints years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Senior 9. Patrick Cripps - 2024 Brownlow Medallist - Dual Winner - Captain Colossus

Remove this Banner Ad

Back