Senior 9. Patrick Cripps - 2024 Brownlow Medallist - Dual Winner - Captain Colossus

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win, couldn’t watch. Reading the “media” I get the overall taste of saltiness, one outlet even called it weird?! Another, over inflating the tyres of Naicos rather than praising Cripps. The list goes on.
Captain of a great club, in his prime, showing all the qualities required but still not happy with aspects of his game 😘

Great win, couldn’t watch. Reading the “media” I get the overall taste of saltiness, one outlet even called it weird?! Another, over inflating the tyres of Naicos rather than praising Cripps. The list goes on.
Captain of a great club, in his prime, showing all the qualities required but still not happy with aspects of his game 😘
45 votes is pretty crazy, but so is 38 votes. Patrick Cripps does deserve the Brownlow this year though, he was the best performing player in the competition.

Just think about it. Future generations of Carlton supporters are going to see this name, Patrick Cripps, in our record books, and hear him talked about in amazing terms. They'll wonder how good he was, and they'll be able to watch videos but they won't get to experience it in real time.

We are living through this huge part of Carlton history. We are oh so fortunate to watch this man doing our guernsey proud. We need to soak up these moments because they are gone before you know it.

My father watched Nicholls and point blank refused to entertain that there would ever be another like him.

I watched Doull … and said the same thing of him.

Then came Kernahan to sit beside them.

And now Cripps joins their company … and he’s not finished yet.
There’s one thing missing.
He needs it … the supporters need it.
The team has the makings of it.
The club have 2/3 seasons to throw everything into achieving it …

Two.

So far.
Champion!

Patrick has gone from having a pretty average two years (2020/21), which caused a section of our supporters that didn’t want our club to sign Patrick to a long-term contract/letting him walk to WA and now he has come out of that period and he is a two time Brownlow medalist. Patrick has literally rejuvenated his career to win Brownlow medals.

Yer there salty alright the pies supporters
I just love the fact that our amazing skipper in Crippa sealed his 2 Brownlows with 3 votes against the pies
F**K YEAH shout it from the mountain top blue baggers

Also probably earnt myself a ban on pies board couldn’t help myself when pies supporter said that the rest of our list only got 42 votes obviously didn’t check before posting as rest of there list after Naicos got 30. 😂😂

Yer there salty alright the pies supporters
I just love the fact that our amazing skipper in Crippa sealed his 2 Brownlows with 3 votes against the pies
F**K YEAH shout it from the mountain top blue baggers

Also probably earnt myself a ban on pies board couldn’t help myself when pies supporter said that the rest of our list only got 42 votes obviously didn’t check before posting as rest of there list after Naicos got 30. 😂😂
This is the point being lost on most on why they both scored so many votes. Lack of teammates taking votes.
The melts on Twitter are glorious

Don't get the uproar. He and Daicos were clear favourites and finished clearly ahead.

Bont won the MVP but really shouldn't have. I think he's the games best player but didn't have the best year. Just a popularity contest. He did deserve more votes though.

As for people saying the brownlow is a midfielders award. Look at the top 5 in every other award.

Cripps definately got lucky with a few as most winners do but was actually in the mix for most votes he got.

Don't get the uproar. He and Daicos were clear favourites and finished clearly ahead.

Bont won the MVP but really shouldn't have. I think he's the games best player but didn't have the best year. Just a popularity contest. He did deserve more votes though.

As for people saying the brownlow is a midfielders award. Look at the top 5 in every other award.

Cripps definately got lucky with a few as most winners do but was actually in the mix for most votes he got.
It's not that he won, it's that he smashed the previous record by 9 votes (or 3 BOG's).

I love Patty but absolutely no one will ever convince me he's just had one of the greatest season's of all time, by any player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Superstar, thought we were going to lose him to WA when Mon was homesick etc

I think in the end she has been a rock that has helped him go to another level.

Now hurry up and have some boys!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

It's not that he won, it's that he smashed the previous record by 9 votes (or 3 BOG's).

I love Patty but absolutely no one will ever convince me he's just had one of the greatest season's of all time, by any player.

Highest votes polled doesn't infer he had the greatest ever season. Before Cripps Wines had the equal record.

Highest votes polled doesn't infer he had the greatest ever season. Before Cripps Wines had the equal record.
It does when you've obliterated it by 3 BOG performances.

It's one thing to match the highest total, to blow past it like it wasn't there is something totally unparalleled.

Like I said, it's not Patrick's fault or issue but it's just again proving the award has become a bit of a farce.

Remove this Banner Ad

Senior 9. Patrick Cripps - 2024 Brownlow Medallist - Dual Winner - Captain Colossus

Remove this Banner Ad

Back