A few areas of concern (and some snippets of info) following the Brissie Game

Remove this Banner Ad

Evening all. Have finally surfaced after a HUGE weekend... (thank god for nanna naps :eek:).... anyways a couple of things that may not have come out after last night's game (I will comment on that tomorrow after I've had a chance to recover):

Maric: Did not come up well this morning at all. Last night I was told it was a "slight strain" this morning the players told me he "was not good" and that he'd be seeing the doctor some time today. He did not make the breakfast.

Goodwin: Made the breakfast but was on his way to the DR's. Apparently he's been having problems for some time with his back and receives regular (6 monthly?) "injections" for. He said the last 5 weeks or so he's been struggling.

Macca: His right knee was the size of a rock melon. :eek: Clearly he's been playing inured. He's hoping to get away with not having a clean and scrape but judging by the size of it, I doubt it very much.

Edwards: All things being equal he is hoping to go for another year.

Bassett, Bock, Burton, Knights and Maric did not make the breakfast which means they've either come up very sore or slept in. Unfortunately i think it's more likely the former.

On state of origin:

Rutten says he enjoyed the DT but felt it was sad not having something to play for. Would like SoO to return but only as a 3-4 year thing which means new players would experience it.

Goodwin thinks SoO is over... he commented on how big it is in QLD/NSW with the rugby league, however he also then pointed out that club games get miserable (6,000) crowds, while our club games are all thriving.

Interesting points of view.

Would like to say how VERY impressed I am with our club and what must be a very successful programme of public speaking with our players. We spoke with Bernie Vince, Doughty, Jericho last night and Tippett (Rutten and Goodwin) this morning and they were all extremely articulate and very knowledgable about footy, strategies etc.

Bassett, Bock, Burton, Knights and Maric did not make the breakfast which means they've either come up very sore or slept in. Unfortunately it think it's more likely the former.

Would like to say how VERY impressed I am with our club and what must be a very successful programme of public speaking with our players. We spoke with Bernie Vince, Doughty, Jericho last night and Tippett (Rutten and Goodwin) this morning and they were all extremely articulate and very knowledgable about footy, strategies etc.

Those interviews were excellent this morning :thumbsu: That guy asks some hard pressed questions!

Hmmm hope Maric's problem is a medial ankle ligament strain and has no muscle or knee involvement. It was an unusual strain though that kinda twisted in the opposite direction to most.
Why do the gods test us like this arrggghh.... its always when one of our players is hitting real form that they are cursed with an injury...

Macca how many more times can that knee be scraped?? Hell need a walkng stick at 35

Hmmm hope Maric's problem is a medial ankle ligament strain and has no muscle or knee involvement. It was an unusual strain though that kinda twisted in the opposite direction to most.
Why do the gods test us like this arrggghh.... its always when one of our players is hitting real form that they are cursed with an injury...

Macca how many more times can that knee be scraped?? Hell need a walkng stick at 35

It is my understanding that Maric's is a KNEE not an ankle (but I could be wrong).

I asked Andy when he might get the knee done and he's trying to put it off or basically, would prefer not to think about it. He did the most wonderful thing today though... after signing all the autographs and giving dozens of photo's for fans, he sat down and had a long chat with a group of older ladies at a table. He was there until I (unfortunately) had to remind him he had a recovery session to attend!

It is my understanding that Maric's is a KNEE not an ankle (but I could be wrong).

I asked Andy when he might get the knee done and he's trying to put it off or basically, would prefer not to think about it. He did the most wonderful thing today though... after signing all the autographs and giving dozens of photo's for fans, he sat down and had a long chat with a group of older ladies at a table. He was there until I (unfortunately) had to remind him he had a recovery session to attend!

Hmm that doesn't sound good for Maric, probably did more damage coming back on to play as well.

I hope if Maccas knee needs to be done, that he gets it done now and not try and manage it..

Ok, well here's a couple of "nice" bits of news (that Ive just remembered - they keep coming to me):

Tippett: When asked if he was being groomed long term as a forward or a ruck, he said he hasn't looked long term just yet. At this stage he wants to get good at both roles. When asked about his long term playing future and considering the introduction of the GC17 his response was: he is loving living in Adelaide. Apparently his host family helped him settle in and find his feet. He now is excited with the prospect of staying in Adelaide because he sees players like Vince, Mackay, Douglas, Porpoise, Knights, Reilly, Thommo, VB, Maric, Griffin, (and others but I can't remember) really becoming an exciting bunch of players that are going to go somewhere and he wants to be a part of it! :thumbsu: He also said if he had a dollar for every time someone has asked him about the GC17 lately....:p

Vince: Can make the most mobile phone calls in the smallest amount of time (ie. from post-match venue to hotel) and he's so young and cute! :p

Goodwin: When asked how long he'd keep playing, his response was that he would assess it at the end of the year (whereas Edwards said he'd love to go for another year). Life after footy for Goodie would see him take some well earned time off and a family holiday before considering the next step.

Jericho: He's a very laid back young lad. He is used to the never knowing whether he's playing or not as its been a feature of his career. He's treating every game as if it could be his last. He thinks he might retain his spot for the game against Geelong.

Texas Walker came across for the breakfast. He was loving the attention - all the interviews and pics. Everyone (including me :eek:) was asking who he was. I've got some pics that I will try and up load later today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, well here's a couple of "nice" bits of news (that Ive just remembered - they keep coming to me):

Tippett: When asked if he was being groomed long term as a forward or a ruck, he said he hasn't looked long term just yet. At this stage he wants to get good at both roles. When asked about his long term playing future and considering the introduction of the GC17 his response was: he is loving living in Adelaide. Apparently his host family helped him settle in and find his feet. He now is excited with the prospect of staying in Adelaide because he sees players like Vince, Mackay, Douglas, Porpoise, Knights, Reilly, Thommo, VB, Maric, Griffin, (and others but I can't remember) really becoming an exciting bunch of players that are going to go somewhere and he wants to be a part of it! :thumbsu: He also said if he had a dollar for every time someone has asked him about the GC17 lately....:p

I asked him a similar question a few weeks back at the Crows dinner auction in Melbourne and got those same answers, Tippett very good bloke and more than happy to have a chat:thumbsu:

I asked him a similar question a few weeks back at the Crows dinner auction in Melbourne and got those same answers, Tippett very good bloke and more than happy to have a chat:thumbsu:

And how mature and intelligent is he? Like I said earlier - very impressed with our blokes!

"That guy" was the "oracle" :D;). MY oracle! CG - how come you didn't come up and say g'day??

I didn't know who you were! :p

It seems that nearly every question you give the younger players they reply with 'we have a good group and we think we're going places', so they must be a close group :thumbsu:

Also Kurt is very nice to chat too and also had a bit of a chat with Taylor, you can tell he's from Broken Hill :D

I didn't know who you were! :p

It seems that nearly every question you give the younger players they reply with 'we have a good group and we think we're going places', so they must be a close group :thumbsu:

Also Kurt is very nice to chat too and also had a bit of a chat with Taylor, you can tell he's from Broken Hill :D

I was the one doing everything! ;)

Well done Jenny & thanks a heap for all the feed back :thumbsu:

Just hope your on the wrong track in regards to Marics knee injury but if it is a major injury then what does it say about the decision to bring him back on.
Macca's had dodgy knees for the last five years. I'd say that this is nothing new and hopefully the week off will refresh him so he can manage it better.

With Macca I suspect at this stage of his career that his knees need to be managed, not fixed.

Macca's had dodgy knees for the last five years. I'd say that this is nothing new and hopefully the week off will refresh him so he can manage it better.

With Macca I suspect at this stage of his career that his knees need to be managed, not fixed.

Sorry VC but i believe you might have Macca & Maric in my post mixed up.

Well done Jenny & thanks a heap for all the feed back :thumbsu:

Just hope your on the wrong track in regards to Marics knee injury but if it is a major injury then what does it say about the decision to bring him back on.

On Saturday night after the game they thought it was a light strain. Yesterday morning they said it hadn't come up very well and he needed to see the DR. He'd obviously passed the movement tests on Saturday night for him to be able to come back on which suggests it's not major but it's less minor than first anticipated with how it came up yesterday. Make sense?

By the sounds of it the week of will do good things for quite of few of the boys. I tend to agree with you on Macca, he's always had problems with his knees, so hopefully the rest will be good for him and he will come back after the break as the player we all know he can be.

Remove this Banner Ad

A few areas of concern (and some snippets of info) following the Brissie Game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back