A-League Ins and Outs

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow. Not only did you lose 6 - 0 but you also lost your sense of humour...

I didn't laugh because it wasn't funny.

I guess you and RoosterLad just help prove the theory that you're all a bit slow west of the border.

That'd be a valid insult if I were South Australian.

ha ha - great thread - cop it on the chin lads - I will never forget the hammering from thr GF.

Bloody glad I was overseas at the time of the GF. Hear no evil, see no evil. Can't remember the rest of the proverb.

Yeah, that's him. He'll get signed by someone, maybe Wellington, who are sure to be after everybody out of contract.

They'd be silly not to go after him. Supposably the Phoenix will be naming some signings today... Can anyone confirm this? I am interested to see/hear who they sign!

They'd be silly not to go after him. Supposably the Phoenix will be naming some signings today... Can anyone confirm this? I am interested to see/hear who they sign!
Not today.

The Canes are playing at home tonight, so they wouldn't get near the back 8 pages of the Dominion Post.

Mon or Tues at the earliest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Wellington have signedL

Tim Brown (Jets)
Jeremy Christie (Glory)
Tony Locheed (MLS)
23 yo Brazilian (according to NZ Herald)

Rumoured:

Bertos
Ross Aloisi

Far fetched rumour doing rounds on Yellow Fever

Archie Thompson

Aloisi is practically a done deal, and Wellington are expected to officially unveil him today along with some other signings, according to the Dominion Post.

Se you in Round 1, you germ.

Former Socceroo Ross Aloisi is among the first five players signed by Wellington Phoenix coach Ricki Herbert ahead of his side's A-League campaign later this year.

Aloisi, 34, was the captain of last season's grand finalists Adelaide United and has signed a one-year deal with the newly formed Phoenix franchise.

Herbert also revealed the signatures of former Melbourne Victory midfielder Michael Ferrante, former NZ Knights Richard Johnson and Mark Paston as well as New Zealand international Tim Brown.

Ferrante, Paston and Brown have signed for two years while Johnson has inked a one-year deal.

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/488120/1090417

Four of them are good signings, at least. ;)

The thing with Herbert is he wont take the kind of cr@p that Ross dished out both on and off the field for the majority of last season. If he makes the kind of mistakes we saw last season, he won't make the bench for them..... maybe theyll be strong enough so he doesnt make the bench anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

A-League Ins and Outs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back