A Rookie Question?

Remove this Banner Ad

roccacelli

Senior List
Sep 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
i was just thinking. can anyone think of any players that have been elevated off the rookie list during the season due to a long term injury and have played very well. i can think of marty clarke, when egan got injured.
any others

i was just thinking. can anyone think of any players that have been elevated off the rookie list during the season due to a long term injury and have played very well. i can think of marty clarke, when egan got injured.
any others

Josh Drummond.

Was Harry O'Brien elevated in 2006 from the rookie list? He played very well for us early in the season and then went back to the rookie list when one of the senior players returned from a long-term injury.

Damien Peverill in 2000 or 2001 ?

it was 2001, and he was fantastic. misiti went out with a long injury and pev came in. he had a huge impact in every game he played. it was really unfortunate that he had to return the rookie list, as he could have made a difference in the gf that year

i have another rookie question or 2.

How many years can you stay on the rookie list?
Is their an age limit?
How many games per season can a rookie play.I know their used to be a limit, but not sure when or if it has changed.

is that all the same for international rookies?

Just curious, as Colm Begly for us, is now year 3 on rookie list.

i have another rookie question or 2.

How many years can you stay on the rookie list?
Is their an age limit?
How many games per season can a rookie play.I know their used to be a limit, but not sure when or if it has changed.

is that all the same for international rookies?

Just curious, as Colm Begly for us, is now year 3 on rookie list.
I think it's 3 years. You can be redrafted if you're under 22 years old I think it is.
West Coast picked up Beau Wilkes after dropping him. We can retain him for another year before he gets upped or dumped for good.

I think it's 3 years. You can be redrafted if you're under 22 years old I think it is.
West Coast picked up Beau Wilkes after dropping him. We can retain him for another year before he gets upped or dumped for good.

Have to be under 23 in the year of the draft. Cam Howat scraped in by one month.

any others

Mal Michaels - He was the FIRST Rookie to be elevated...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally Posted by fish bowl
it was really unfortunate that he had to return the rookie list, as he could have made a difference in the gf that year
You're joking right? You don't honestly think that Peverill would have been the difference between winning and losing (by 26 points)?

Remove this Banner Ad

A Rookie Question?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back