A Section Amateur Football (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucas Harry, Stuart Ross and Alex Ross.

Going on the records from the vafa website, Harry played 2 senior games in '08. Stuart Ross played 2 senior games in '08 and Alex Ross played 0 senior games in '08.

I hope they don't have too much trouble replacing those blokes, otherwise it might be cause for huge concern down at toorak park.

Let's all stop kidding ourselves for this season...Old Brighton are going to win the premiership by 15 goals! Let's look at the big name recruits from the Tonners - Spriggs, Gertsman, Luke Jackson, Luke Peel, Sinclair.

How can anyone beat them??? It will take a miracle to be within 6 goals of them at quarter time of the GF.

So, the permiership has now been decided. Who do you guys will win the only real prize on offer - second place? My tip is Old Scotch with St Bedes and Old Essendon in third and fourth.

At the bottom end will be De La and Marcellin, whilst Ivanhoe, Blues and Xavs will take out the middle places.

Thoughts?

Luke Peel & Luke Jackson? Big name recruits?

Are we talking about Peel that got drafted 2003 and was delisted 2005 with no senior games under his belt? and Jackson who?? If your going to name drop players BillyStillKidding make sure they are decent. Agreed the others on the list are of quality.

Going on the records from the vafa website, Harry played 2 senior games in '08. Stuart Ross played 2 senior games in '08 and Alex Ross played 0 senior games in '08.

I hope they don't have too much trouble replacing those blokes, otherwise it might be cause for huge concern down at toorak park.

However if you add Chatfield and Arnold plus retirements. Whispers says Scanlon is overseas, then OX may be mortal for a year.

True, riverman. But there might be some more cause for concern with Arnold going to Bendigo FL and Chatfield to the EFL. More to come??

Are we talking about Peel that got drafted 2003 and was delisted 2005 with no senior games under his belt? and Jackson who?? If your going to name drop players BillyStillKidding make sure they are decent. Agreed the others on the list are of quality.

Any way, it was great to see big gerta, old scotch's pride and joy, coaching his newly beloved brighton grammer rowers down on the yarra at the weekend. He looked great in the red and blue polo.

True, riverman. But there might be some more cause for concern with Arnold going to Bendigo FL and Chatfield to the EFL. More to come??

Arnold and Chatfield would be a loss to any team. As most would agree. But as I have stated in a previous post, most football teams turn players over on a yearly basis. I think there is way too much emphesis put on the two or three big names team either teams pick up or lose.
Collegians did it last year and it didn't get them over the line. Brighton have done it this year along with scotch. Only time will tell there. Whats to say St Bedes haven't strengthend their side with non-AFL players like they did last year.

Any way, it was great to see big gerta, old scotch's pride and joy, coaching his newly beloved brighton grammer rowers down on the yarra at the weekend. He looked great in the red and blue polo.

Scotch will no doubt ruing the day that let Gerta slip. Perhaps the president should resign and the big fella will come back to the Cardinals...

I think Scotch would rather have a 100 per season goal kicking colossus than a president who causes discontent amongst the playing group and coaching staff.

Gerta should kick 100 goals this year with the delivery on offer from Old Brighton's premium midfield. What about Handley? I think it would be a good effort if he got 50 this year given the delivery and opportunity won't be as great this year as with previous years.

Also, look out for Dan Cullen this year - especially after he sucks down a huge serving of bolognese the night before and two quarter pounders and a chocolate thickshake on the way to the ground.

Scotch will no doubt ruing the day that let Gerta slip. Perhaps the president should resign and the big fella will come back to the Cardinals...

I think Scotch would rather have a 100 per season goal kicking colossus than a president who causes discontent amongst the playing group and coaching staff.

Gerta should kick 100 goals this year with the delivery on offer from Old Brighton's premium midfield. What about Handley? I think it would be a good effort if he got 50 this year given the delivery and opportunity won't be as great this year as with previous years.

Also, look out for Dan Cullen this year - especially after he sucks down a huge serving of bolognese the night before and two quarter pounders and a chocolate thickshake on the way to the ground.

Dan Cullen? Isn't he throwing down lollypops in SA Grade cricket?

Gerta will only play about 6 games, his body is gone, OB are to slow as well and are vonerable on big grounds. Plus they all play for themselves,
And BillyStillKidding stop talking S H I T you no nothing about,

Round 1 will be the same result as last year with a OS win, from a good team performance, yes we have some big recruits but its going to be a solid team this year at OS, not relying on a few players like OB do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gerta will only play about 6 games, his body is gone, OB are to slow as well and are vonerable on big grounds. Plus they all play for themselves,
And BillyStillKidding stop talking S H I T you no nothing about,

Round 1 will be the same result as last year with a OS win, from a good team performance, yes we have some big recruits but its going to be a solid team this year at OS, not relying on a few players like OB do.

Firstly, i think you will find that the word is vulnerable. Secondly, your argument is feeble and weak. If anyone is "vonerable" on a big ground it is the cardinals. Its amazing how often the turn to jelly on Elsternwick Park.

Cant wait to watch the efl destroy the vafa. Long time coming. Why does the vafa continually pick the worst state team available? Why blokes are given games on past performances, ill never know.

What a moronic post by a deadbeat bogan. It would indeed be funny if a league which boasts match payments only second to the AFL was beaten by a team of non-paid amateur footballers.

You can have your piss tank laden supporters and prima donna princess footballers and we will have our ripping good bloke, highly skilled, play for the love of the game VAFA lads...as JGH would say, pi ss off back to the dole line in Dandenong.

...as JGH would say said:
I would hope JGH has more compassion for our genuine jobseekers.

It looks to be another VAFA season of great interest. Brighton has pulled out all stops and we'll be keen to see how they do, though the proposition that the man who owns the worst pair of tracky dacks in Christendom will kick a ton is worthy of much ridicule. For starters, he'll have to share a few with Sinclair and Pirrie. I don't think Scotch will miss him at all. It's hard to miss blokes who would rather play against you than for you. His clash with Lorenzini might bring the fans back to the game.

Billy

Obviously you know a lot about what the OSFC president does for the club and the relationship with the footy department and players............not. Good luck to Gerta, am sure OS wish him well.

You are right on one thing, OB should win it by miles. Then again, they should have done so in 08.

Billy

Obviously you know a lot about what the OSFC president does for the club and the relationship with the footy department and players............not. Good luck to Gerta, am sure OS wish him well.

You are right on one thing, OB should win it by miles. Then again, they should have done so in 08.

Ammo Footy, I have heard bad things about the Scotch pres and board from multiple sources - not just players...

You are correct on Old Brighton - they should have won it last year but choked against xavs in the big game...again (see 2007 finals posts for more info). They wouldn't want to have the 'choker' tag around their heads after their spending splurge on players.

It sounds like Collegians all over again. Collegians had to win the premiership, but now six months later they are staring at a stint in B-section in 2010 with Charlie Holste taking the reins of the captaincy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back