A Section Amateur Football (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you watched from the sidelines or read any local articles that reported the last round you would have seen OBGFC lost 3 of their guns in Gasden, Smith and Ainley all early in the 3/4...wouldn't quite call it "choke" you may call it that they lacked depth last year with injury.

Look at their list for 09 and you will find players that could replace them playing 2's....Have Scotch got that stock this year? It seems that they had very good players on their list last year but dropped off from player 6 onwards..I think that if Collegians can find some heart they will still be in the mix and I think that St Bedes will just keep getting stronger...De La in the mix...who really knows who will be up there...This year will be a belter....

Mo...

collins is good......but....... he is hands down, by far, without doubt - the worst player to ever be on an AFL rookie list

Worst player ever well the kid didnt ask to get picked up so Hawthorn must be the worst club ever for drafting him and they have just won the flag like brett did in A grade..Why dont you stick to writing your dribble elsewhere and leave the kid to play fooy as i heard he is all excited to play under new skipper james tyquinn...

If you watched from the sidelines or read any local articles that reported the last round you would have seen OBGFC lost 3 of their guns in Gasden, Smith and Ainley all early in the 3/4...wouldn't quite call it "choke" you may call it that they lacked depth last year with injury.

Look at their list for 09 and you will find players that could replace them playing 2's....Have Scotch got that stock this year? It seems that they had very good players on their list last year but dropped off from player 6 onwards..I think that if Collegians can find some heart they will still be in the mix and I think that St Bedes will just keep getting stronger...De La in the mix...who really knows who will be up there...This year will be a belter....

Mo...

One of the most sensible posts in recent times.

Billy - I suggest you come down and have a look at the club and indeed the board - if it is so bad then why are there more people wanting to join than there are places. The club made many hard decisions over the last few years.

Ammo Footy, I have heard bad things about the Scotch pres and board from multiple sources - not just players...

You are correct on Old Brighton - they should have won it last year but choked against xavs in the big game...again (see 2007 finals posts for more info). They wouldn't want to have the 'choker' tag around their heads after their spending splurge on players.

It sounds like Collegians all over again. Collegians had to win the premiership, but now six months later they are staring at a stint in B-section in 2010 with Charlie Holste taking the reins of the captaincy.

Billy - I suggest you come down and have a look at the club and indeed the board - if it is so bad then why are there more people wanting to join than there are places. The club made many hard decisions over the last few years.

By you suggesting that the club needed to make some 'hard decisions over the last few years' indicates the club must have been in a fairly ordinary state for a while. No need to take it too personally. I am sure you will be around the mark again; perhaps you're the only team that could take on the might of the Tonners. Good luck to you.

How are all teams faring on the recruiting side of things? Any rumours or confirmed signings? Any players moving on?

What a moronic post by a deadbeat bogan. It would indeed be funny if a league which boasts match payments only second to the AFL was beaten by a team of non-paid amateur footballers.

You muppet. Considering i played amateurs for seven years, yes in A grade i was merely making the point that for too long amateur representative sides have been filled with over rated players.

Im assuming moronic bogan is in reference to my location: dandenong. You fool.

Lastly muppet, having played A grade level i was aware of so called non paid players being rewarded for there effort on a saturday. Amateur my arse.

Worst player ever well the kid didnt ask to get picked up so Hawthorn must be the worst club ever for drafting him and they have just won the flag like brett did in A grade..Why dont you stick to writing your dribble elsewhere and leave the kid to play fooy as i heard he is all excited to play under new skipper james tyquinn...

So I'm guessing he won't be posting on here anymore?

What a moronic post by a deadbeat bogan. It would indeed be funny if a league which boasts match payments only second to the AFL was beaten by a team of non-paid amateur footballers.

You muppet. Considering i played amateurs for seven years, yes in A grade i was merely making the point that for too long amateur representative sides have been filled with over rated players.

Im assuming moronic bogan is in reference to my location: dandenong. You fool.

Lastly muppet, having played A grade level i was aware of so called non paid players being rewarded for there effort on a saturday. Amateur my arse.

AGREED!!!!!! The ammo's has had a hand full of over rated players over the years, however if you look at last years list you will find alot of very very good players that could justify a hefty pay packet in the EFL.....

I went away from Ammo's years ago and came back to a whole different ball game...It has changed for some sides but there is still a few clubs "A & B Grade" dealing with success under the table....Unfortunately loop holes and grey areas are rife in amateurs so how could you ever expose these "cheats".

Please note: What would the world be without muppets and bogans????????

Mo...

So I'm guessing he won't be posting on here anymore?

You guessed wrong UH, and tell Spriggs from me he 's shout next time I see him - he can pay with the cash you loser are paying him!!

You can't buy heart!!!!

Ciao
Surly (AKA CAPTAIN COURAGEOUS)

PS Bert Collins is and will always be a superstar!!
PPS I'm a Super Superstar.

AGREED!!!!!! The ammo's has had a hand full of over rated players over the years, however if you look at last years list you will find alot of very very good players that could justify a hefty pay packet in the EFL.....

I went away from Ammo's years ago and came back to a whole different ball game...It has changed for some sides but there is still a few clubs "A & B Grade" dealing with success under the table....Unfortunately loop holes and grey areas are rife in amateurs so how could you ever expose these "cheats

Please note: What would the world be without muppets and bogans????????

Mo...

Who are you referring too in the statement Mr A Grade Ammo player. Or are you just carrying a large chip on your shoulder as well?

You guessed wrong UH, and tell Spriggs from me he 's shout next time I see him - he can pay with the cash you loser are paying him!!

You can't buy heart!!!!

Ciao
Surly (AKA CAPTAIN COURAGEOUS)

PS Bert Collins is and will always be a superstar!!
PPS I'm a Super Superstar.

Hey there Jackie Chan (AKA Captain Courageous/Super star), i'm suprised you didn't structure your criticism with "he can pay with the cash you loser are pay him" maybe that would have made sense......

What would you know about heart when yours has clearly only been beating for a short period of time...Maybe you should leave daddy's big footy account alone and stick with the on-line games built especially for kids like you...Your sledges have no weight on this public forum junior....

David Sprigg's I'm sure will shout you a drink when you come of age...

Mo....

Who are you referring too in the statement Mr A Grade Ammo player. Or are you just carrying a large chip on your shoulder as well?

No large chips my friend, it is knowledge to most that there are teams that dont necessarily go by the book...(cheats is a big label but fair when caught out) I am not here to pick out individuals as I think that justice gets the better of them as individuals in other ways...If they can live with it on their concience then good luck to them...

You were very defensive there River Man.... If you're on this site and you know amateur football need I say more....if you dont agree then thats fine your obviusly surrounded by the sort of players and teams that deserve to be in this competition....

Mo...

No large chips my friend, it is knowledge to most that there are teams that dont necessarily go by the book...(cheats is a big label but fair when caught out) I am not here to pick out individuals as I think that justice gets the better of them as individuals in other ways...If they can live with it on their concience then good luck to them...

You were very defensive there River Man.... If you're on this site and you know amateur football need I say more....if you dont agree then thats fine your obviusly surrounded by the sort of players and teams that deserve to be in this competition....

Mo...

Defensive....not really. If it is so obvious that blokes are being paid. Then they would have been caught and the clubs would have suffered the same ramifications as st bernards and OM's did.
If you say you know of this, why not do something about it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Defensive....not really. If it is so obvious that blokes are being paid. Then they would have been caught and the clubs would have suffered the same ramifications as st bernards and OM's did.
If you say you know of this, why not do something about it?

I was only stirring there...As I said previously these guys generally get whats coming to them + I cant imagine they could enjoy their football to the fullest with a cloud hanging over their concience. I'm happy to discuss as I think it is an interesting topic but picking out individuals and teams is not what I am here for.

Mo...

You can't buy heart!!!!

you can't buy your own drink?

I'm guessing the coaches credit card has finally maxed out down at tiger land?

A few too many spa's and LCD's floating around I guess... Or did he buy heart?

Blah blah....

No Cash here Robbo.... maybe I will trade one of my premiership medals for a drink you F#$^% losers.

Blah blah....

No Cash here Robbo.... maybe I will trade one of my premiership medals for a drink you F#$^% losers.

Are they lightning premiership medals?

Your a real winner Surly....

Maybe OBGFC could do with you down there at the club...Apparently there is a vacancy behind the coffee cart for game days!

Are they lightning premiership medals?

Your a real winner Surly....

Maybe OBGFC could do with you down there at the club...Apparently there is a vacancy behind the coffee cart for game days!

Listen here Newbie, fly back to the planet you came from....Don't you listen to SEN or Southern FM or read the Mordialloc/Chelsea Leader???I/we the tigers have created history, we are big news.... does C to A grade ring a bell numb nuts????

Rack off!

Surly

No one is shaking in their boots about Spriggs.
I would be more interested how the Biggs brothers will go in A section.

And both spent time in the VFL with the bombers.

Should go pretty well.

depends on what their backup is like to be honest, pretty much every on-ball division in a grade has ex-vfl/afl people in it.. it's all about how good your 2nd tier on-ballers are.. these days most clubs rotate 7-8 people through middle..

they won't be able to keep up if they don't get any rest..

No one is shaking in their boots about Spriggs.
I would be more interested how the Biggs brothers will go in A section.

From being a long-time supporter of Port Melbourne, I can tell you Spriggs is someone to be more wary of than the biggs brothers!

Of course thats what you're more interested in Kid Boga, you are sheltered and have no experience in A grade.

No-one outside of OEG cares to be honest - But you're probably right rating spriggs as worth 2 x biggs boys..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back