A Section Amateur Football (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Brocklesby/Burrumbuttock Football Clubis seeking players for the 2009 season. The club is situated in the Albury/Wodonga area and play's in the Hume F.L. It is a terrific social club with attractive remuneration packages for player/s who travel from out of the area. For further info, send me a private message.:)

Burrumbuttock is aboriginal for poo sex, ship off you flog.

Burrumbuttock is aboriginal for poo sex, ship off you flog.
I never understand this kind of abuse. Does it make you feel good abusing a faceless person who probably will never read your post?? What do you get out of it?? The guy is clearly only trying to recruit for his club. Do you feel threatened by this simple way to encourage players to his club?? Stick with the football......
Who are the 'big names' moving on from the Trott?? And how many clubs have started the summer grind??

I never understand this kind of abuse. Does it make you feel good abusing a faceless person who probably will never read your post?? What do you get out of it?? The guy is clearly only trying to recruit for his club. Do you feel threatened by this simple way to encourage players to his club?? Stick with the football......
Who are the 'big names' moving on from the Trott?? And how many clubs have started the summer grind??

It's no suprise that big F. Watts is hangin up the boots, you could see that the toll of physical footy played havoc with his ankle in the latter part of the season. The talk was the B. Robbins is also hanging uo the boots up after many years of service, he is a weary soldier. I havent heard of any of the other big names leaving the club but surely the allure of payment packages may entice a few others. But preseason training will tell who has stuck around and who hasnt.

It's no suprise that big F. Watts is hangin up the boots, you could see that the toll of physical footy played havoc with his ankle in the latter part of the season. The talk was the B. Robbins is also hanging uo the boots up after many years of service, he is a weary soldier. I havent heard of any of the other big names leaving the club but surely the allure of payment packages may entice a few others. But preseason training will tell who has stuck around and who hasnt.

Surely Pres Wayno's and his close sponsorship allies pockets are still big enough to either keep the current crop or purchase a new one

Surely Pres Wayno's and his close sponsorship allies pockets are still big enough to either keep the current crop or purchase a new one

MARBY PARK - 1st Division Essendon District have signed a former, explosive Half Forward Stephen PAPMAN Pappas. Can many of the Old Scotch boys tell me how he goes. Heard he is dangerous around goals, but hasn't played for a season or so.

MARBY PARK - 1st Division Essendon District have signed a former, explosive Half Forward Stephen PAPMAN Pappas. Can many of the Old Scotch boys tell me how he goes. Heard he is dangerous around goals, but hasn't played for a season or so.

very handy pick up.. Pappas is a dangerous fwd because he can play tall.. or short for that matter. a nightmare for opposition coaches.
however, he has had serious injuries over the years. if he can string games together he will kick 70+ goals in that comp.
Left Old Scotch after a falling out with the committee.

Stephen will prove to be a great signing for Marby Park. In terms of footballing ability and nous, the kid has it all.

He was invited to do a preseason with West Coast a couple of years ago but had to decline as he had already committed himself that summer to finding the ultimate oogle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collegians go for joint coaches!!

Interesting move in A grade!

Arnott will be good for the club and should be able to attract players.

Good luck to them - even if they weren't the Lions 1st selection. The coach they wanted knocked them back after being offered the job.

Don't know if they need to attract players, maybe not let some of their "BIG NAMES" totally dominate the playing group and then let them down come september might be a better way to go about it.

There is enough talent there, yuo don't finish top without it, the new coaches biggest job will be to control the egos amongst the group and find some guys who can stand up under pressure.

Good luck to them - even if they weren't the Lions 1st selection. The coach they wanted knocked them back after being offered the job.

Don't know if they need to attract players, maybe not let some of their "BIG NAMES" totally dominate the playing group and then let them down come september might be a better way to go about it.

There is enough talent there, yuo don't finish top without it, the new coaches biggest job will be to control the egos amongst the group and find some guys who can stand up under pressure.

I think some of the ego's have been put back in the box especially after their defeat in the GF.

not to keen to put names to paper there guru..

No Watts no Lions, simple.

They will struggle to finish top 4, Briiiiighton, St Bedes, Old Xavs and Old Essendon to fill the top 4 places.

Brian, plenty of talk around the the Gunn Island last Friday that you may be the man to fill Hornet's shoes as the A section scribe next season if as I'm led to believe Jono calls it quits.

Rumour also has it Scribe will have to find a new user name as he concentrates on the twilight years of his stellar playing career.

Brian, plenty of talk around the the Gunn Island last Friday that you may be the man to fill Hornet's shoes as the A section scribe next season if as I'm led to believe Jono calls it quits.

Rumour also has it Scribe will have to find a new user name as he concentrates on the twilight years of his stellar playing career.
Harps, they couldnt handle the truth week in week out!

Have heard lots of top tier talent has left the Trott, how do you replace the best full forward the comp has seen since the great Dan Richardson?

I would suggest Scribe perhaps needs to focus on everything BUT playing footy...

not to keen to put names to paper there guru..

No worries, you want names - here you go:

STONE - obvious star of the comp, but they kick it to him all the time, often when they shouldn't. He demands the ball when he is in the wrong position.
TAFT - the definition of a front runner - very mouthy when they are up and winning, goes missing when the pressure is on. (read tight finals) Has a very hot girlfriend though.....
MOONEY - prances around flexing the cannons but makes a lot of mistakes - will be having nightmares about the GF for a long time I suspect
DIXON - great mark, tries hard - can't kick and fairly happy with himself.
ADKINS - there is a difference between being demanding of your team mates and abusing them - clearly crosses the line too often.

If he can reign those guys in then they are still the most talented list in the comp. Add in blumfield, Ries, Holst etc they are a handful, but as St Bedes showed on 3 of the 4 times they met, talent only gets you so far.

Interestingly today I noticed that old scotch have advertised on facebook. Pretty strange recruiting drive.
Talk about casting the net far and wide to gain the services of absolutely anyone.
Might explain why a few blokes from the school are now playing for carey.

can someone tell me if brett collins has left st bedes and quit football for good 2 take up a billards career as he has been sighted playing plenty of pool late at nite with some rather large company on his arm!

Riverman

Scotch is exploring new means of recruiting, something that I am sure all clubs would be keen to do. Why wouldnt you cast the net far and wide, what is there to lose? Maybe Scotch are just leading the way and doing something others have not done.

Seems like a logical way to attract attention given the amount of people on Facebook

Players at Carey? Why i think many clubs would have players from their own backyard playing elsewhere for various reasons. It is not confined to just Scotch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back