A Section Amateur Football (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once you two have finished up there, could anyone provide some info as to the game out at pine lodge?

Can't believe people write off Xavs after 1 game! Silly!

And what happened with Scotch?

Once you two have finished up there, could anyone provide some info as to the game out at pine lodge?

They played St. Bede's

I wonder how long it took you to do that maths equation Shin splints?

SBMT still havent beaten OS why is that? An will not beat them anytime soon, Rnd 2 OS vs SBMT at Camberwell on Anzac Day is shaping up to be one of the games of the year, the result will be same as last year.

FPE, it was a cold bleak Anzac Day at Bananas In Pyjamas B2 Stadium, shame about that as all the hoy-pa-loy toffs stayed close to their open fireplaces sipping Chardonnay and quaffing beluga and tapping on their calculators assessing whether their severely diminished investment (or should we call them de-vestment) portfolios would allow another ski season in Aspen.......instead of watching OS get smashed in a football based re-enactment of the Gallipoli landing at Anzac Cove, this time the bad guys weren't in Red, their gun forward was overheard telling SBMT full back at the start of the last Q he was only there for a couple of minutes as he had another, more important engagement to get to and true to his word after about 5-7 minutes off to the bench he strode. If that was the match of the season it's going to be a sad and sorry season, just hand over the cup to Tyquin now. Somehow me thinks there is better to come OX vs SMBT or UB vs SBMT.

Over and Out......for now

About as close as Beau Sharks posters can get to A Section is take pot shots at SBMT players. Fun reading C section with Beauy tipped to go through the season undefeated by Beauy posters. Amazing performance to drop down a section and do well. Perhaps you guys should try going up a section without all jumping ship before it gets too hard!
hey big momma maybe you can give brett some of that excess baggage and beef him up a bit because with out him you guys wont go anywhere this year! he is the key to your sides success this year! NO BRETT NO ST BEDES!

In Short Chazz, they were smashed everywhere, contested ball mainly, Scotch had first use of the considerable wind advantage and managed 1.5 whilst SBMT piled on 5.2, fortunately for Scotch SBMT fell into old habits of inaccurancy in the 2nd stanza and collected 5.13...thank god it wasnt 13.5 because not even Simpson and his donkey could have cleaned up the bloodbath Banfield's charges would have encountered after that. The rest after that as they say was elementary. Still they showed a bit in the last 2 quarters to give some hope that the season is not yet to be confined to the filing cabinet as another lost cause. But when the heat was on early, Scotchies were AWOL.

do you normally give out footy advice after losing games of football?

ppl talk about the last qtr like OEG lost it not that OB won it.. remember OB kicked 3.8 in the first.. by your theory OB should have won it in the first stanza! Edit - 4.3 into the wind in the last is what won it...

doesn't matter how much you win a game of football by.. it's that you WIN that counts...

And GobbleGobble, don't act like you're an OB supporter... you're clearly not...

Hater. How could you detect that i am an a OB supporter or act like one.I do not drive a BM,my wife works and does not play tennis, I find the brighton pantry a little overpriced and i did not go to dancing class at firbank.
PS. Your call of sign opps poo needs changing lad

Hater. How could you detect that i am an a OB supporter or act like one.I do not drive a BM,my wife works and does not play tennis, I find the brighton pantry a little overpriced and i did not go to dancing class at firbank.
PS. Your call of sign opps poo needs changing lad

You've lost the plot Kid... maybe sit the next couple of plays out?

a0902.gif

Sorry its late - been busy with the club website.

a0902.gif

Sorry its late - been busy with the club website.

Stiff, I thought standard procedure for those who didn't tip was to get the away sides!

Ohh well here are my tips for this week

STBMT v OI: Bogans. Very impressive outfit, but still bogans
OE v Coll: OE to win their first ever A section game infront of a big crowd at home with all four teams playing
UB v Brighton: UB Upset of the round, UB to continue to impress
DLS v OS: OS to bounce back
Mar v OX: OX. Marc not up to it

SBMT v OI: Tigers to continue their world domination
OE v Coll: Collegians to move OE closer to 0-18
UB v Brighton: Brighton to step up with some reasonable form
DLS v OS: OS to overcome DLS
Mar v OX: OX to move Marcellin closer to 2-16

Stiff, I thought standard procedure for those who didn't tip was to get the away sides!

Ohh well here are my tips for this week

STBMT v OI: Bogans. Very impressive outfit, but still bogans
OE v Coll: OE to win their first ever A section game infront of a big crowd at home with all four teams playing
UB v Brighton: UB Upset of the round, UB to continue to impress
DLS v OS: OS to bounce back
Mar v OX: OX. Marc not up to it

Surely OE beating OC would be upset of the round?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good round of footy last week, OX showing you just can't write them off!!! (you would think everyone would have learnt by now, including me who tipped against them)

Anyway - My tips for this week

SBMT v OI
OE v Coll
UB v Brighton
DLS v OS
Mar v OX

SBMT over OI (they are too good and no one will go close this year, as much as it pains me to say that)

Coll over OE (Coll have to gel as a team this year to be in the mix which they havent done, OE are fighting above their weight i feel)

UB over OB (OB full of names but like Coll last year names dont get you flags, UB have had a cracker start to the year with no Watts, i look forward to throwing him amoungst it if he doesnt eat too may kebabs in Turkey or get probed by a bull's horn in pamplona)

OS over DLS

OX over Marc (Marc will be bent over and royally f*cked back to B grade)

St Bedes
Essendon
Brighton
Scotch
OX

Whats going on down at Marcellin Dan??? Not enough players like yourself?

Our first 2 rounds have been unacceptable. We know that and have probably expected to have copped more criticism than we actually have but I think with OE getting beaten like they did in Rd 1, got us off the hook.
On a positive note though, 10 of our 22 players that we have fielded had not yet played A Grade footy till this year. We would easily be the youngest team in the comp. Our performance against OC was better having the same amount of scoring shots. But 2x 8 minute lapses when OC were kicking with the wind cost us the game (or at least being alot closer)

We have a big test on Saturday! Old Xavs are a quality footy side and probably the benchmark for about the last 5-10 yrs! Good challenge for us!

The word out of Ivanhoe is that they feel they are better than St Bede's, we will find out tomorrow:
Tiges by 40 plus
OEG to register their first win
Blues over OB
Old Scotch arent that bad, so they will win.
OX with Purss and Ball, the best Ruck-rover combination in A Section, to win by 50.

The word out of Ivanhoe is that they feel they are better than St Bede's, we will find out tomorrow:
Tiges by 40 plus
OEG to register their first win
Blues over OB
Old Scotch arent that bad, so they will win.
OX with Purss and Ball, the best Ruck-rover combination in A Section, to win by 50.

BS by name BS by nature.

Purss? Ball yes together big early call

SBMT over OI
very close game, bogans just sneak in.

OEG over COLL
first win in A grade for OEG, Colegians form to pick up in second half of the year.

OB over UB
Boys are back on the winning train, will demolish UB this week. Ainers is back, will get BOG in first game back. superstar! Hater i am a proud brighton man, just recon the boys need a bit of positivity around the joint after first up loss.

De La over OS
De la in an upset of sorts, Scotch still reeling from injuries and last weeks loss.

Xavs over Mar
Xavs seem to have found their mojo, will be major players come finals time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back