A Section A Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scribe, stuff that, let's talk about the real issues, notably, your outSTANDing performance at your recent Olympic Distance. Well done old son on what was, from all reports, a brutal course.

Thanks Jono (but please stop being facetious :D)

Rather windy course and the swell off Sandringham was similar to that Clooney/Wahlberg classic flick "The Perfect Storm". Apparently they were plucking swimmers in the Brooks and normal sprint race out left, right and proverbial. By the time I got to the 2nd turning buoy and had 600m to pound back into a 20 knot breeze, I figured a weak swimmer such as myself had better just take it easy and try to get out in one piece. Longest half an hour of my life!!!

Caught up with one D. Beardsley both before and after the event, and his 39min 10km run off the bike is a good indication he's in fine knick. A-grade full forwards will continue to be terrorised by his go-go-gadget arms, and I've no doubt he'll gallop upfield as often as he can with the pill under his arm.

In summary, we were both glad we were using it as a tune-up for the Geelong half-ironman - 'coz our times (well mine at least) weren't all that flash!!!

Thanks Jono (but please stop being facetious :D)

Rather windy course and the swell off Sandringham was similar to that Clooney/Wahlberg classic flick "The Perfect Storm". Apparently they were plucking swimmers in the Brooks and normal sprint race out left, right and proverbial. By the time I got to the 2nd turning buoy and had 600m to pound back into a 20 knot breeze, I figured a weak swimmer such as myself had better just take it easy and try to get out in one piece. Longest half an hour of my life!!!

Caught up with one D. Beardsley both before and after the event, and his 39min 10km run off the bike is a good indication he's in fine knick. A-grade full forwards will continue to be terrorised by his go-go-gadget arms, and I've no doubt he'll gallop upfield as often as he can with the pill under his arm.

In summary, we were both glad we were using it as a tune-up for the Geelong half-ironman - 'coz our times (well mine at least) weren't all that flash!!!

Yep, 39 off the bike, good effort by D Beardsley on a tough run course. And well done on tackling Geelong - a fine addition to the tri calendar. This scribe's eyes are firmly pointed due North - Mooloolaba late March, best race in the world, pity 'bout your Reds commitments old son...

Yep, 39 off the bike, good effort by D Beardsley on a tough run course. And well done on tackling Geelong - a fine addition to the tri calendar. This scribe's eyes are firmly pointed due North - Mooloolaba late March, best race in the world, pity 'bout your Reds commitments old son...

Hmmm....Olympic distance race in the Sunshine Coast -v- practice match against Salesian/St Marys. If not for the coaching angle, I'd be more than half a chance.

You've got it all sorted out JGH, I'm sure it will be a great end to the summer racing season. :thumbsu:

only to find in the last 20 seconds of the game the ball lands in his lap, he's 63.21mtrs out on a 22deg angle, are 4 points down and he happens to have compartment syndrome in his preffered kicking leg so has to kick with his non preferred... oh, and the only way he knows how to kick with his non-preferred is with a drop-kick tory...

You just described Trinity's round 18 exit against the Hoes last year down to a tee, Hater. Except it was from 20.01 out on a 1.24deg angle, and it got belted through for a point.

Poor guy. I bet he wished the ground in the forward pocket just opened up and swallowed him. Football is a cruel test sometimes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone interested in a change of lifestyle which includes playing for the Zillmere Eagles in the State League competition (AFLQ) please contact me privately.

The club has a terrific history and are a young club on the rise after playing in the 2006 AFLQ Grand Final and last season winning the Reserve Grade Premiership.

Club has been involved in some off field issues which are being resolved but the club is seeking recruits who feel they have something to offer at this level.

Few good signings at Blacks......P. Bowden, M. Bolton, M. Pask and a few others. Considering how Brighton and Collegians went last year, straight from B-grade with some good recruiting, looks like Blacks aren't there just to make up the numbers.

Good call Cats. Kevin Hillier was a bit scathing in todays local rag:

"I have heard Marty Pask is going to continue his footy by playing in the Amateurs. That is a great waste, I think, as he is still young enough to attract an AFL club by playing VFL, but no-one will see him where he is going, except in the stands when his fiance [sic] Leisel Jones is swimming."

Hint: you can see players much better when you pull your head out of your backside, Mr Hillier. If he's still interested, and the AFL guys are still interested, they'll find him. Should be some cracking matches in A section this year.

Jascave, we hereby appoint you the man in charge of changing Kevin Hillier's point of view. Come back when you can announce success!

"I have heard Marty Pask is going to continue his footy by playing in the Amateurs. That is a great waste, I think, as he is still young enough to attract an AFL club by playing VFL, but no-one will see him where he is going, except in the stands when his fiance [sic] Leisel Jones is swimming."

Hint: you can see players much better when you pull your head out of your backside, Mr Hillier. If he's still interested, and the AFL guys are still interested, they'll find him. Should be some cracking matches in A section this year.

Jascave, we hereby appoint you the man in charge of changing Kevin Hillier's point of view. Come back when you can announce success!

He clearly hasn't been out and watched any Ammo's footy recently :thumbsdown:

Who the hell is Kevin Hillier?? Is it the same bloke who used to count down the Top 40 about 10 years ago on Fox FM??

McKernan - maybe a late start for him as he is running a sporting tour to the USA to watch the Masters.

Who the hell is Kevin Hillier?? Is it the same bloke who used to count down the Top 40 about 10 years ago on Fox FM??

Pretty sure this bloke is the media manager for the WRFL and host's a WRFL show on 88.9 wyn fm so you'd expect him to pot the VAFA at any oppurtunity.

Not sure if he is the same C grade radio celebrity that has been heard on fox and 3AK over the years

Kevin Hillier would be better served interviewing Bono from U2 and updating Australia's Top 40 rather than commenting on VAFA issues. I guess some people don't give VAFA footy much credit and Hillier is one of those in that group. Maybe Kevin Hillier thinks that the WRFL is superior, when in actual fact, it's not.

Kevin Hillier is the Peter Luck of FM radio and can often be heard in the summer months. I think he's been around since Glenn Miller. These Countdown men are stepping out of line – even the Jonathan Coleman Experience featured a slagging off of the Sholly rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back