A young player you made a bad call on!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I think most people found Shaws fall from grace or complete non-existance rather baffling. Went from Vic U18 captain, huge leadership potential. highly rated and never looked like getting a sniff and out of the system in two years never to be seen again.

The public line on Brayden was that he was starved of opportunity due to a persistent ankle injury and both Tony and the club felt he would get better opportunities elsewhere. Meanwhile Rhyce was given a two year extension despite an ACL injury. Go figure!

Yeah I don't know what happened, but i'd sure like to.

He went to Port Melbourne and played some very good games there but no further AFL chances were forthcoming. Now he's running around for Bundoora!

Ben Reid.

Thought he was one of the worst Top 10 picks of all time, and to be honest, had he stayed a forward, he would have been. I think he even broke his foot kicking the ball he was that bad.

But since becoming a backman, he's turned it around very well. Looking like he'll be one of, if not the best young CHB in the league.

MacAffer - Thought he was a no hoper - I know he isn't a great player, but he is one of my favourite players now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THE GUY IS USELESS, GET HIM OUT OF THE SIDEcapsplz
[youtube]JicJQZpXt_c[/youtube]

Lulz at Rowey. Would have to be the dumbest person to get a regular gig in sports media in Australia, and that's saying something.

Thought Jason Saddington would be a superstar.

Somewhat off-topic, but I seem to recall Saddington being pretty popular with the ladies during his playing career. Remember a few females mentioning him as an example of a "hot footy player". Always just struck me as an athletic, slightly less nerdy Gerard Whateley type :p

Cleve Hughes......beautiful long kick, nice grab, moved well, CHF for the next 10 years.........unlucky.

Also pre the 1994 West Indies tour I told my mates Glenn McGrath was a plodder
who would not last 5 tests....ouch.

Keep things to myself now....unless beer gets involved!

Jacob Surjan.

Thought he was atrocious and cringed everytime he got selected. Now he's our best pure small defender, and one of the best (and most underrated) in the league. Still has ordinary kicking but my word can he defend.

Thought McKinley was going to be WCE answer for a forward(hoped he would)

Future good call - Masten will never ever be a good player!!!

Write that down.

Jason cloke, i really thought he was gonna be a star in defence in his early days at the pies what went wrong with him any collingwood supporters??

i thought he was tough and a really good mark

Good question. I liked Jason Cloke. He was a good player and a hard worker. I thought he deserved his spot at the pies for a bit longer but i guess his lack of pace and athleticism was too much of a liability.

Remove this Banner Ad

A young player you made a bad call on!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back