Preview AAMI Community Series vs Geelong, Metricon Stadium, Monday, March 8, 6:40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Davies is showing something forward, he's etching out Holman, Macpherson, Ainsworth, Flanders at this stage for mine.

Witts, Touk, Anderson, Rowell working well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it’s time the AFL took the NBA route, stats upon stats that clearly show what’s happening. The fact that free kicks and impact from free kicks is not highlighted at all in our game just highlights the dirty underbelly that has always been there, if we want teams in small markets to be able to thrive such as the Milwaukee Bucks it only happens through a more open Playing field. Subtlety in interpretation of the rules should not be allowed to impact results, I would suggest with saying even tonight 2 to 3 very dubious decisions go against us but the same type of action not be penalise the other way

Some will no doubt say if you’re good enough it doesn’t matter but I’d suggest if you look at the premierships of the strong Melbourne clubs it would suggest otherwise

Lewis on Fox sports hits the nail on the head from the first 10 minutes.
Just kicking deep to 30m out with no thought.

Seems like our system is just kick to the bigs, create a contest, crumb / win free kicks / try to lock it in - I don't mind it.

BUT

Still need to hit up a target when the 50 is open though.

Lewis on Fox sports hits the nail on the head from the first 10 minutes.
Just kicking deep to 30m out with no thought.

Seems like our system is just kick to the bigs, create a contest, crumb / win free kicks / try to lock it in - I don't mind it.

BUT

Still need to hit up a target when the 50 is open though.
Ben King would have been handy - but to your point, we need to adapt or it's curtains for the season and Dew

Not too bad start, kids are looking good. The older players like Rat, Dmac are woeful.

Keen to see Thompson play some minutes and Witt’s to play the full game.

No more injuries please

Tbh I didn’t think we would be good enough to feel the impact of no King. But boy do we have a King sized hole in the forward line. He just draws the ball and is elite once it hits the deck (something we are really good at doing, kicking the ball to free ground). It looks like we (rightfully) planned to feed him and now we have just substituted Levi in and Are hoping for the best.

Even for us this kicking is shocking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview AAMI Community Series vs Geelong, Metricon Stadium, Monday, March 8, 6:40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back