Review Abysmal Dogs Lose To Port 102-54

Remove this Banner Ad

Most people questioning him simply said that it looks like a bad list management decision. Heroes then start bagging people for legitimately questioning his recruitment so those questioning him feel the need to expand further and point out his specific
flaws…….it then turns into a sh*tfight and so called pile-on.
Well said Dan

If we had 6 Liam Joneses in our defence today it wouldn't have made much difference. Port controlled the game in every position on the park.
Our players were particularly reluctant to enter the centre square area where Port did what they please. I almost expected to see a sign in there: 'No Dogs Allowed'.

Only saw the game on TV but have to say I was impressed with Jordan Sweet not carrying on like a pork chop when he kicked that goal. Pity he didn't get more of a go when he was with us.
I thought you were based in Washington DC? How did you fit the game in? Good on you for the commitment.

We are a team playing with no confidence, next week will be a bloodbath and Carlton will absolutely destroy us.

I just want to see wholesale changes.

Jones for O’Donnell
Buss for Naughton (Khamis forward, or dropped for Daniel & go smaller)
Garcia for Gallagher (sub)
Weightman for McNeil

That is just the bare minimum depending on fitness.

Our team lacks depth of both quality and experience.

Team selection was not as poor as made out.

Yes Buss should have been in before Khamis over the last 2 games but that would have not made a great difference in either game.

Garcia should have been in for Weightman as a small pressure forward. He is better in that role than McNeil or any other option though it is not his best position.

He and West should have been options to run through the middle like they did in the last quarter against Sydney.

Sanders will be a good not great player. The overs most will be referring to is next year's first. Given where will likely finish it is looking more overs now.

He does have good composure but his propensity to handball back comes from coming up through lower leagues. Most coaches on lower leagues want that handball back from congestion to a player in the clear. In the AFL that player is shut down to quickly so coaches want forward handballs or more importantly 15 to 25 meter forward kicks to a target. Will take some time for this to become his second nature.

VDM and Gallagher will keep getting games as the 2 players missing out for them are Baker and Poulter, 2 players who should never have got 2 year contracts

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are a team playing with no confidence, next week will be a bloodbath and Carlton will absolutely destroy us.

I just want to see wholesale changes.

Jones for O’Donnell
Buss for Naughton (Khamis forward, or dropped for Daniel & go smaller)
Garcia for Gallagher (sub)
Weightman for McNeil

That is just the bare minimum depending on fitness.
None of those going to happen
Jones 3 weeks
Garcia has burnt bridges
Buss no go
Weightman 50/50 for 4 weeks

Only saw the game on TV but have to say I was impressed with Jordan Sweet not carrying on like a pork chop when he kicked that goal. Pity he didn't get more of a go when he was with us.
I was hoping he'd get up in English's face and give it to him, thought that might spark something inside Tim for a change

The writing off of Sanders is a bit silly. The problem isn't that he's slow, poor disposal or decision making - he is none of those. The problem is he's playing "safe" which is understandable as a first year player but he can't stay in the team if he won't play with intensity and belief in himself.

The writing off of Sanders is a bit silly. The problem isn't that he's slow, poor disposal or decision making - he is none of those. The problem is he's playing "safe" which is understandable as a first year player but he can't stay in the team if he won't play with intensity and belief in himself.
No. He is slow. Not writing him off at all...but he is slow and needs to become Libba 2.0.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back