Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Freo get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Will get to the point where clubs like Freo, GWS and Adelaide no longer draft from Metro Melbourne. Player retention is tough.

AFL 'go home' factor is rife. Doesn't seem like it's a major player in literally any other sport.
Or be smart about it like what Bris did with Berry etc.

Is Mckay theirs?

Realistically hes only had 1 really really good season, which was this one.

Previous to this his best season he only kicked 20 odd goals.

If he dominates next season, ill be a believer.

As for Cerra he isnt our best player as Fyfe is, but he was an essential part of our team.

Consistently picking up 20+ possessions and is one of the players you want hitting up i.50 targets ( and theres not many Dockers I would want doing that).

It's probably not unfair to say he (Cerra) was your 5th best mid this year (behind, Fyfe, Brayshaw, Mundy, Serong)

It's too simplistic to say the 5th best mid in the 11th placed team isn't worth something because he's a very good young talent

But for the 23 year old Coleman medalist (no 1 in one of the hardest positions to play in the league)? Its just not happening

Carlton's 1st plus one of Fisher/SPS plus maybe late swap steak knives is what looks to me to be around the mark

But is it still definitely just Carlton (especially if Rosco becomes coach)?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will get to the point where clubs like Freo, GWS and Adelaide no longer draft from Metro Melbourne. Player retention is tough.

AFL 'go home' factor is rife. Doesn't seem like it's a major player in literally any other sport.

Would it be fair to say that the American sports often have a period of time where players go to college which often involves moving away from family? That may be why it's not a huge factor there.

Apart from someone like Horne who’s been playing against men, it is a pig in a poke knowing how we’ll they’ll go
with Jack Watts as #1, even Cam Rayner who everyone chose as #1 looks more like a 2nd rounder now.
I agree with the premise of this post, but I'd give up a first rounder for Rayner any day.

Fremantle should look at trying to get Charlie Curnow. They need KPP's or ready made players more than draft picks and provided they were confident they could get him back to 100% he'd be worth the risk.

Curnow himself probably needs a fresh start as well after missing over 2 years of football.

Fremantle should look at trying to get Charlie Curnow. They need KPP's or ready made players more than draft picks and provided they were confident they could get him back to 100% he'd be worth the risk.

Curnow himself probably needs a fresh start as well after missing over 2 years of football.

Thought about this myself, but does he have any value at the moment?

Hasn't shown that he will ever get back into good form.

I reckon his body is toast, or at least will prevent him ever being a gun forward again.

Not sure Curnow who has finally got himself fit and gets to play in the same team as his brother would really want to move to the other side of the country.

McKay won the Coleman Medal. Maybe he never replicates his 2021 output again but he is still levels above anything Cerra has produced to date.

In a straight swap in a vacuum (i.e. ignoring contract status and home state) Cerra isn't getting a McKay, Ben or Max King, Thilthorpe, Allen or Naughton.
One of those aint like the rest mate. Not a chance Oscar Allen is rated with the rest of those you've listed lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

Back