Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Freo get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fremantle should look at trying to get Charlie Curnow. They need KPP's or ready made players more than draft picks and provided they were confident they could get him back to 100% he'd be worth the risk.

Curnow himself probably needs a fresh start as well after missing over 2 years of football.

Why would he need a fresh start?

Is/was Kelly the Eagles or Geelongs best player?

Just curious what you think the relevance of that is to a trade deal?

Cerra is 2nd tier at Freo behind a host of players mids Brayshaw , Serong , Mundy and Fyfe ..

How many finishes in Freo top 10 Best and Fairest awards has Cerra been ?

fixed now ..

Last edited:

Why would he need a fresh start?
The same reason Daniher needed a fresh start. Because multiple surgeries, knee injuries, and over 2 years without playing can really wear players down mentally. It would be an opportunity to put his injuries behind him and it would allow Carlton to keep pick 6 which I think they should be trying to keep.
Not sure Curnow who has finally got himself fit and gets to play in the same team as his brother would really want to move to the other side of the country.
Ed is going to be 32 in a few months. Has very little time in the league left and Charlie's knee injuries coupled with all the lockdowns in Victoria might make him look favourably on moving out west. It's at least worth the question from Fremantle IMO.
Thought about this myself, but does he have any value at the moment?

Hasn't shown that he will ever get back into good form.

I reckon his body is toast, or at least will prevent him ever being a gun forward again.
His value is clearly on potential and you'd want to make sure medicals were checked thoroughly but even with Cerra leaving, Fremantle's biggest hole seems to be KPF's, and as this is a very midfielder dominant draft it makes sense to try and get a ready to go key forward to go along with your pick 8 which will likely be a midfielder this year.

Cerra is 2nd tier at Freo behind a host of players mids Brayshaw , Serong ,Tucker , Mundy and Fyfe ..

Man.. stop..

Cerra top 5 finish last year and will be again this year. So 2 of 4 seasons

Tucker sucks, Cerra is in the top tier of Freo players

The same reason Daniher needed a fresh start. Because multiple surgeries, knee injuries, and over 2 years without playing can really wear players down mentally. It would be an opportunity to put his injuries behind him and it would allow Carlton to keep pick 6 which I think they should be trying to keep.
Ed is going to be 32 in a few months. Has very little time in the league left and Charlie's knee injuries coupled with all the lockdowns in Victoria might make him look favourably on moving out west. It's at least worth the question from Fremantle IMO.

His value is clearly on potential and you'd want to make sure medicals were checked thoroughly but even with Cerra leaving, Fremantle's biggest hole seems to be KPF's, and as this is a very midfielder dominant draft it makes sense to try and get a ready to go key forward to go along with your pick 8 which will likely be a midfielder this year.
I like the idea. Worth asking about as you'd think Carlton would need to clear up cap space. Although I think they still need to be using pick 6, Curnow is not worth much.

Would be another big risk for Freo to get an injury prone forward though. Probably better off just going picks and getting young KPF talent even if it takes a while to come on.

Hopefully he plays the next 5 years without missing a game, but Freo aren't touching Curnow after the Bennell and Hogan disasters. The last thing they need is to go in on an injury prone player that can't be counted on for being fit.

You also have to take into account.
Sure, he may be 5/6 rung behind Fyfe, Mundy, Bray and Serong in Freo's midfield.
But would be top 3 with Walsh and Cripps in Carlton's
He's worth R1 + F1 with potentially a F2 coming back. Probably end up being R1 + F2 with a F3 coming back.
Can I jump off this carousel now? I'm getting dizzy, and I think the PSD posts are only a few pages away from returning again.

Man.. stop..

Cerra top 5 finish last year and will be again this year. So 2 of 4 seasons

Tucker sucks, Cerra is in the top tier of Freo players
Tucker is a strange choice.

Cerra wouldn’t be top 5 at Freo though
Brayshaw, Ryan, Fyfe, Mundy, Darcy.

He’s probably not top 5 at Carlton either
Walsh, Weitering, McKay, Cripps, Jones

I think pick 6(8) and next years 2nd is probably a fair trade. Especially if there isn’t going to be multiple clubs making offers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think pick 6(8) and next years 2nd is probably a fair trade. Especially if there isn’t going to be multiple clubs making offers.
By the end of next year he will be clearly better than Cripps imo.

Rating him as "best player" to the rest of the squad is almost completely irrelevant IMO, it doesnt take into account age / position which is a significant contributor to his value.

Push comes to shove I'd prefer Cerra over Serong (forgive me Caleb) because the Cerra in/out mid with disposal is harder to find. Serong is a gun, but the meatball contested ball winner is easiesr to find in a draft.

In terms of value (which is what trades are actually based on), I'd have Cerra 3rd on our list behind Darcy (number 1) and Brayshaw (number 2)

Looking fwd to seeing Harry Mckay in Purple, should help our fwd line immensely.

Cerra, young and a second?

Top 5 player?
I’m saying top 5 in this seasons B&F
Fyfe missed way too many games to factor.

IMO
Darcy wins
Brayshaw Mundy Cerra probably next 3, could be in any order

Cerra is 2nd tier at Freo behind a host of players mids Brayshaw , Serong , Mundy and Fyfe ..

fixed now ..

Second tier at your current club doesn't mean you're worth nothing.

Same was said about Higgins at RFC because he had 'only' managed 43 games out of a possible 69 in 3 years haha. Despite brain surgery, calf injury, club being top 4 the entire time etc.

If Cerra slots into any teams 22, top 6 mids etc, then he is worth a pretty penny.

fixed now ..
you mean like how Daniel Kerr was 2nd tier to Judd and Cousins around 2002-07?

Daniel Kerr was useless after 2007 as Cousins was de registered and Judd went to Carlton.

Carlton's first pick + McGovern as Freo need KPF.

Thank you come again :)
You guys are still paying in $750,000 a year right?

He could be part of the cerra trade.

The poor kid is running out of options to escape. Has anyone mentioned the PSD yet?

why did you just mentioned the PSD? I am just looking at who has the 1st pick in the PSD......

Bloody hell its your mob! North will lick their chops like a wolf hunting a rabbit!
He`s not even Dockers best player Pick 6 is overs ..
he is out of contract too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

Back