Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024: Simpson coaching tenure officially ends

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many injuries and not enough cattle have cost him his job. Since they got rid of head of fitness during covid that was the start of the demise with too many soft tissue injuries and poor rehab.
Some of these signs starting to show up after we lost in Rd 23 at home for Top 4 against Hawthorn in 2019.

Declined every year since

We wasted a year. People need to admit it/that

The last 18 rounds have been enturely built around saving Adam Simpsons job. Nothing more, nothing less
Rewriting history. How can you judge someone on last year when you could hardly field a team and not drop Gaff.
Hardie and others wanted to sack the coach mid season last season but i don't think that would have given us a bounce.
Things looked promising earlier but with a near fit team now and bad performances in the last six weeks it looks like it is time to go.
Question. is it now or at the end of the season.

Rewriting history. How can you judge someone on last year when you could hardly field a team and not drop Gaff.
Hardie and others wanted to sack the coach mid season last season but i don't think that would have given us a bounce.
Things looked promising earlier but with a near fit team now and bad performances in the last six weeks it looks like it is time to go.
Question. is it now or at the end of the season.
Because it was a disconnect in us wanting to rebulld and the coach not wanting too that was prevalent in almost everything we have done for the last 4 years that was a primary concern.

Performance was more 30% of the picture, direction was the main issue. Simmos love affair with Darling, Sheed and co wasnt something we just learnt

Can just put me on ignore and stop begging for my attention?
You would be the first person I’ve ever blocked it certainly would prove my point.

Serious question, do you make such wide sweeping statements and claims that are rarely based on fact in real life or is it just a key board warrior act in here?

I think we have 6 problem going on at once and some people just cant get past the 1st or 2. Problems simply are

1. Terrible coaching
2. Gross unprofessionalism of many backroom staff who treat the club as a social gathering and not a work environment
3. Poor club culture born from the above + very very very poor matchday mentality/psychology
4. Disconnect between list management and coaching team. List management mostly making little sense due to that disconnect
5. Hierarchy at board and CEO level who are more interested in personal relationships then club success
6. Inability or lack of desire to spend money

Simmo is person number 1 to sack. Beyond that we need a complete removal of the WAFL coaches/staff. From the head coach to the uniform washer basically. Need to spend money on sports psychologists and the like so Harry Barnett isnt scared of the football some 3 years into his career. Need a coach who will play the players the list management team select. Mainly though the board needs to go. Fitzpatrick, Langer, Moody and Gaines need to leave the same time Simmo does. Pyke cant get a free run until Nisbetts hand puppets are sacked

In all honesty number 6 is very important. Too scared to spend money on professionals as opposed to absolute plebs
Very concise.
I didn't think our problems ran that deep.

😢

We wasted a year. People need to admit it/that

The last 18 rounds have been enturely built around saving Adam Simpsons job. Nothing more, nothing less
100 percent.

Even when we had wins against teams like Collingwood with a lot of kids which surprised everyone, Simpson turfed the kids out first chance he got Instead of persevering with the youth that got that win and bringing back the senior players through the WAFL to prove their fitness.

And he's doing it again this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100 percent.

Even when we had wins against teams like Collingwood with a lot of kids which surprised everyone, Simpson turfed the kids out first chance he got Instead of persevering with the youth that got that win and bringing back the senior players through the WAFL to prove their fitness.
I know in our win vs Melbourne we had Dom SHeed playing and a good week of "Why is he playing" . I was actually OK with Sheed playing and had more issue with Darling still playing to be honest but all in all most people disagreed with it all

If they decide to part ways today but ask Adam to see out the year, if you were Adam would you do that? I wouldn't.

I can't see any scenario now that Adam is the coach after the board meets. I think he has coached his last game for us.
If he does keep coaching knowing he is out at the end of the year then he is one hell of a guy.

If they decide to part ways today but ask Adam to see out the year, if you were Adam would you do that? I wouldn't.

I can't see any scenario now that Adam is the coach after the board meets. I think he has coached his last game for us.
If he does keep coaching knowing he is out at the end of the year then he is one hell of a guy.
Only happens if you are leaving on amicable terms. You see the season out when you quit not when you are sacked. I cant see the split being amicable enough to keep Simmo on

Have they tried sacking the coach?

4342ccc832021f2723706925ba043ca9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back