Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024: Simpson coaching tenure officially ends

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Had Glass retire mid season as Simpson said he needed leaders who could take the field and teach. Glass couldnt promise that so stepped down. Priddis had a year to run and had only just signed when Simpson challenged him with a new role that was beyond his abilities and lead to him calling time despite the extra year. Great management.

Softened a bit in his old age eh? A couple of things in a very, very similar vein were crying out to happen at various points in the last 3 years and the hard conversations were put off until it was too late.

Our bean counters at West Coast HQ are some tight mfers. Simpson should have been gone after that 170pt belting last year but obviously we wanted to get some more value for money.

Anyway appreciate Simmo getting us another flag. Vividly remember the greatest day of my life in 2018 at the MCG standing on the grass looking up at the coaches and players on the podium at night. Someone asked Simmo a question about the game and Simpson was like “Don’t worry about all of that, let’s sing the song!”

Best case scenario going forward is Cox becomes our next head coach. Worst case scenario is Dani Laidley.

Our bean counters at West Coast HQ are some tight mfers. Simpson should have been gone after that 170pt belting last year but obviously we wanted to get some more value for money.

You have to because of the soft cap rules in place.

In the olden days he would indeed have been turfed after that game, if not before.

I would say I hope the players have some shame about having the coaches blood on their hands, but these players don't have shame. If they had shame then 80% of their games over the last three years wouldn't have been over by 1/4 time. I hope the next coach that comes in comes in with a broom and sweeps a majority of the players out. We've been too comfortable with losing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the flag, Simmo. My only knock on you going forward will be that "you were the coach who refused to leave when you should have".

I hope you find a home at another club as an assistant somewhere, or else fade gracefully into retirement.

A big thanks to Simmo for coaching my beloved Eagles who have given me some of the most awesome memories with my kids and wife over that time.

Wherever he goes, whatever he does, I wish him the absolute best of luck and success.

Cheers for the good times Simmo. :thumbsu:

I would say I hope the players have some shame about having the coaches blood on their hands, but these players don't have shame. If they had shame then 80% of their games over the last three years wouldn't have been over by 1/4 time. I hope the next coach that comes in comes in with a broom and sweeps a majority of the players out. We've been too comfortable with losing.
I think this might actually be a wake-up call for a few blokes.

Simmo and his credits are gone. If you want a gig in the seniors you gotta impress the new guy, now.

I don't feel sad for Simpson whatsoever. He has burnt his legacy to the ground, picked up the ashes then run them through a blast furnace.
You might wanna spend a few decades supporting a team that doesn’t win flags so you learn to appreciate them a little more.

I’d just like to thank all the members of the public that called for change. Thank you.
Imagine thinking for one second the club cares what the public think. They’ve not bowed to public pressure once in the history, they’re the most insular and financially insulated club in footy.

Take your victory lap and we’ll see you in a few years.

Afternoon all, guess who's got a new job for the next 7 weeks?!

vince mcmahon GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back