Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024: Simpson coaching tenure officially ends

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. Jog on mate.

You’re free to be terrified of change, but I can absolutely assure we are not the ‘wokest’ club in footy. Embarrassingly far from the rest of the comp in so many ways on so many common sense stances, but let’s save that chat for another day.
I’d suggest you look closer at some of our football decisions… particularly in the COVID days.

I still remember us chucking our players under the bus to please Gil like a coward

I also think you need to cast your memory back to Nisbett emails where he talked to everyone like children

Then of course you have us doing whatever WAFC without one whimper

Many examples of us caring about peoples opinions too much at the punishment of the club itself

Legend and will always be grateful for that stretch of years culminating in 2018.

The last few years have been dire and I don’t think another coach would have changed that, but refusing to play the kids, change game plan to play shorter and faster was the nail in the coffin.

Thanks for the memories and all the best on the next step.

Edit: also he seemed like a very very decent human being. Can’t underestimate that

Last edited:

imagine if they announce a new coach and this dude walks out

800px-Southgate_2023.jpg
who dis?

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wanted him gone, but feel for him. Will always be an Eagles premiership coach.

Well said and I would guess that is the sentiment of most of our supporters.

Bought ultimate success to the Club in 2018, after a prolonged stint at the point end of the ladder.

Personally I appreciate the joy and pleasure that he has delivered to me and my family over the past decade.

In an Industry when evolution and change occurs on a daily basis, it’s imperative that you stay ahead of the pack, Simpsons inability to do this eventually caught up with him.

I also think that many of the senior players got smug, complacent and didn’t give 100%, when they should have.

The recruiters also misread badly where the game was trending and didn’t draft the players with the skill set to deliver accordingly.

Thanks Simo for the wonderful memories and I wish you all the best for the next chapter in your life. 👍

I think the biggest shock is that Gossage got something completely spot on

I'll need a moment to process this
To be fair, all he said was that Adam Simpson’s status would be top of the agenda for a board meeting.

Think we might have all been able to call that one, what the **** else would they talk about.

Thanks Simmo.
Not all his fault we are in this position.A lot of heads have already rolled who put us in this situation and Simmo and the board the last ones left. Also will be good to see the direction in who get's games and who gets the chop.
Maybe the club gives them a text.

I’d suggest you look closer at some of our football decisions… particularly in the COVID days.

I still remember us chucking our players under the bus to please Gil like a coward

I also think you need to cast your memory back to Nisbett emails where he talked to everyone like children

Then of course you have us doing whatever WAFC without one whimper

Many examples of us caring about peoples opinions too much at the punishment of the club itself

Jesus man do you ever shut the f*ck up?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barret and Edwards immediately turn to the part of this saga that most interests them - does this increase the chances of Harley Reid putting his hand up to leave. So predictable.

I genuinely wanted to see a fairytale ending to all this... the team pulling off a few scrappy wins towards the end of the season, before having a really solid 2025. Simpson could then leave with his head held high, knowing that he set in motion a really solid rebuild.

But he lost me when he dropped Maric. I know he's just one player, and a fringe one at that. But here's a guy that was a country amateur, 20kgs overweight... and within a year, sheds the weight, plays VFL, gets himself drafted by an AFL club, moves interstate, and manages to play senior football and not suck. Gets one pre-season under his belt, and is on the fringes of the best-22. This is clearly someone that works his arse off, and has oodles of potential.

For a team rebuilding, these are the guys you reward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back