Status
Not open for further replies.
R
Jordan Degoey, Taylor Adams

Vs

Elliot Yeo, Tim Kelly, Dom Sheed, Oscar Allen, Tom Cole, Jamie Cripps

Yep just about even there
Roughead, McCreery, Krueger…

Sorry I forget travel, Melbourne hotel accommodation, bus from hotel, covid, post covid, hub PTSD, delayed start to preseason, shortage of blue powerade, high fodmap diets, seasonal asthma, time to learn new game plan, soft cap changes, synergy, chakras and time zone issues

R

Roughead, McCreery, Krueger…

Roughead is back for them this week, the other 2 aren't automatic best 22 so you are grasping at straws

But your default setting seems to be whinge, so i'm just wasting my time pointing this out

True this year had thrown some curveballs.. so had 2020 and 2021 so are we just supposed to wipe those two years as well… credits in the bank work from the coach to the players not in the real world of reviewing performances.

This year is by far the hardest we’ve been compromised. I’m referring specifically to the losing streak - a stat I don’t think means much given what we’re going through. The end to 2021 was far more concerning than what I’ve seen in 2022 for me personally.

I do agree there is pressure for Simpson to evolve and improve the way we play - im just merely suggesting the losing streak of and by itself isn’t comparable to those of other coaches that were referred to.

Roughead is back for them this week, the other 2 aren't automatic best 22 so you are grasping at straws

But your default setting seems to be whinge, so i'm just wasting my time pointing this out

The bloke insisted we had no excuses for losing to North when we were fielding our last 16 available players and the first six WAFL players to get to the airport.

He’s either tapped or trolling. Or probably both.

I find it fascinating that the entire footballing world has empathised with our situation and basically the only person not giving excuses is Adam Simpson, yet there are intellectuals in here bagging him out for things he hasn’t even said. They just imagine it, even when asked to point these excuses out and fail to do so, they just keep going.

Simpson’s got legitimate excuses laying in his lap which most fair minded people would acknowledge but it’s like he’s going out of his way not to mention them. He can’t win with some people. Damien Hardwick had a whinge because they missed 1 whole player last weekend due to Covid, which is embarrassing and worth highlighting if your coach is deflecting to that extreme - Simpson has been in damage control since round 1 and not made a peep. You’d think the winners in here would appreciate his approach instead of making shit up so they can bag him out.

I find it fascinating that the entire footballing world has empathised with our situation and basically the only person not giving excuses is Adam Simpson, yet there are intellectuals in here bagging him out for things he hasn’t even said. They just imagine it, even when asked to point these excuses out and fail to do so, they just keep going.

Simpson’s got legitimate excuses laying in his lap which most fair minded people would acknowledge but it’s like he’s going out of his way not to mention them. He can’t win with some people. Damien Hardwick had a whinge because they missed 1 whole player last weekend due to Covid, which is embarrassing and worth highlighting if your coach is deflecting to that extreme - Simpson has been in damage control since round 1 and not made a peep. You’d think the winners in here would appreciate his approach instead of making shit up so they can bag him out.

This is why BF has the ignore list. I strongly encourage you all to use it so my feed isn't ****ed up reading 50% of the same arguments over and over again 🙏

This is why BF has the ignore list. I strongly encourage you all to use it so my feed isn't f’ed up reading 50% of the same arguments over and over again 🙏
Never used it. Not sure some of the spanners we have floating around here are worth popping my cherry for...

How do you know it's simply not the players reverting to the old game-plan due to unfamiliarity with the new one from all the covid/injury outs?

Simmo did mention this had been happening a couple of times in press conferences.
That’s right why can’t make any real judge unit we see our best to on the park! Whether they Be Abel to implement the new game plan he has been talking about. Let’s just Cool it! And not make any rash decision time to take stoke n see what kids we won’t going forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s right why can’t make any real judge unit we see our best to on the park! Whether they Be Abel to implement the new game plan he has been talking about. Let’s just Cool it! And not make any rash decision time to take stoke n see what kids we won’t going forward.
I don't even really care about seeing the best team on the park, because half of them are old & injured 50% of the time.

Still, it's incredibly hard to implement a new plan when half your players were unable to train/play it due to injury and covid.

If we're still serving up the same shit by the bye well, then there's a hell of a lot more wrong with the club than injuries/covid.

What about a coach that isn't a man?

At least we would have feel good stories written about us.

Simmos dog could probably come up with a good game plan... see ball... get ball
I thought this post was going in an intriguing direction, touching on the untapped market that is women in football, and then by the end a dog was coaching us. Quite the twist.

In addition: Simpson doesn't hire the recruitment team, doesn't hire the medicos.
He can only work with what he has and he's done pretty well with what he has (even if I'd want more mids and better recruiting).
This season has been a complete wash with injuries and covid. Absolutely nothing he could be doing better this year.

Get off the guys back.

Doesn’t matter which dog is appointed, if we win a flag all the credit will go to Jarrad Schofield’s dog.

Yeah I dont know if we go back to last year when we had few outs and got beaten badly, week after week. Game plan hasnt evolved enough to fill me with confidence.

I thought this post was going in an intriguing direction, touching on the untapped market that is women in football, and then by the end a dog was coaching us. Quite the twist.
I was going to angle down the line of "the vicco media might go easier on a female, gay or indigenous coach" but thought hmmmm

How do you guys go about nominating Simpson for Australian of the Year? I forgot how great he’s been over the last few seasons, thanks for the trip down memory lane
There’s no room for excuses and no room for non-extreme views.

If you don’t think Simpson should be frogmarched out of his office today you must think he’s the greatest coach ever and should have the job for life.

Facts and middle ground be damned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back