Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Staying for 2024, Lyon’s Cryin’

Will Simpson be Head Coach at WCE in 2024

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simpson referred to our side tonight as a ‘young group’.

Is that even true? As far as I know we were a lot more experienced than the players put out by Sydney tonight. Happy to be proven wrong, if I am.

I am deeply concerned about the state of our list going forward. Where is our young talent through the middle?
You know the answer-very light on.

Is that even true? As far as I know we were a lot more experienced than the players put out by Sydney tonight. Happy to be proven wrong, if I am.

I am deeply concerned about the state of our list going forward. Where is our young talent through the middle?
It’s ok, English is the answer

Simpson on bringing back the 3 midfielders - ‘We don’t really have a choice’

Uh, yes you do, play XON coming off his best game for the club and bring at least one back through the WAFL.

Mathew Knights at Essendon proved he couldn't coach a shit out of his a-hole yet we put him in charge of our midfield. Hated the appointment when it was first announced and even allowing for COVID/Injuries I hate it even more.
You’re aware a decade has passed since he coached Essendon which has included him being a premiership coach in the VFL, right?

That's the biggest worry and has been for 2-3 years.

What I couldn't fathom was that in yesterday's press conference he said Shuey, Yeo and Kelly would all play reduced minutes. Then why pick all 3? Why the **** would you voluntarily nobble the team's chances when a young mid like O'Neill has just played his best game for the club?

That's the biggest worry and has been for 2-3 years.

What I couldn't fathom was that in yesterday's press conference he said Shuey, Yeo and Kelly would all play reduced minutes. Then why pick all 3? Why the fu** would you voluntarily nobble the team's chances when a young mid like O'Neill has just played his best game for the club?
Because he's no longer the right coach for this team.

Watch the replay of last weeks game. Thats where they are.. .. they haven’t been to the credit bank.

No Nic Nat exposed how weak and pathetic our midfield really is. In fairness he has probably carried our mids for many a year.

There are a rich vein of candidates out there, however i'm concerned that if we move too late than we will miss out of them given that Adelaide, Essendon, G.W.S and Port will most likely have new coaches next season.

Last edited:
No Nic Nat exposed how weak and pathetic our midfield really is. In fairness he has probably carried our mids for many a year.

There are a rich vein of candidates out there, however i'm concerned that if we move too late than we will miss out of them given that Adelaide, Essendon, G.W.S and Port will most likely have new coaches next season.
GWS and Port are definite possibilities I would be very surprised if Essendon and Adelaide turf their coaches.
Who are the rich vein of candidates anyway, Clarkson and ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone truly believe that an existing coach can do a total rebuild and have success again? It has nit happened much in the history of the game. Sheedy did it, maybe Parkin? Can’t name many others but may be overlooking some.

If the club is going the rebuild path which most of us believe we should then surely it must be with a new coach with new ideas, new messages.

Schofield is the right man in my opinion.

I’m not opposed to the concept at all, but can people articulate why they want Schofield as a coach beyond he’s allegedly a hard bastard?

I’m rapt we got him, he’s rated very highly in the industry and that’s worth more than the fans view from the outside because it’s hard to attribute success and failures of strategy from the outside. The question isn’t a criticism of him at all.

Midfield and stoppage work all season has been deplorable - 90% attributed to availability woes and then tonight with a reasonably best looking midfield (sans Nic which would surely be the case any way by the time he took over) we were worse than we’ve been all year.

What does a Schofield coached team look like that we’re all so keen for it?
I think the hard edge Schofield seems to have attributed to him would hopefully extend to team selections if he was in the senior role.
We were always a big chance of losing last night but having 4 guys (plus some others who've had covid) in the team who couldn't run out the game was never going to help. It was clearly a ****ing dumb idea to bring all 4 of those senior guys back in at once, 90% of the plebs like us at home could see it and knew what kind of game we were in for.
And the problem is that Simpson has done this time and time again, how long have we been making credits in the bank jokes? It's been years now.
If he's not going to learn and he's not going to accept that maybe it's time he looks to the future then he can piss off, because at the moment it looks like he's going to leave us with a St Kilda after Ross Lyon quality list to work with if he leaves when his contract ends.

Last edited:
Does anyone truly believe that an existing coach can do a total rebuild and have success again? It has nit happened much in the history of the game. Sheedy did it, maybe Parkin? Can’t name many others but may be overlooking some.

If the club is going the rebuild path which most of us believe we should then surely it must be with a new coach with new ideas, new messages.

Schofield is the right man in my opinion.
I think Schofield is an excellent candidate, Simpson is finished, unfortunately we will probably have to watch the car crash in slow motion as the season unfolds.
I’ve said it many time Mitchell was the coach that earned us the 2018 premiership, the sooner Simmo is moved on the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back