Will Simpson be Head Coach at WCE in 2024

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some say if Simmo goes, which I don’t think he will, we should get Buckley🥺🥺

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I said it before and I'll say it again. If we don't see real changes to the gameplan then he's gone at the end of the year. I won't even be averse to missing the finals and keeping Simmo on so long as we see evidence of a modern gameplan, the development of youth, and the players being fully onboard the new direction.

If we see more of the same then thanks for the memories Simmo but you're gone.

I don't want a mid-year sacking though. We're not that kinda club.
Yep... wanted Simmo when we were interviewing post Woosha. He's justified the call the club made with a flag and another GF appearance.

But I can't see this game plan winning another flag. Teams have worked it out. They are too fit now and can just keep tackling and pressuring us all day.

He's going to have to evolve otherwise I can't see him surviving into 2023.

All these injuries is going to make judging 2022 very hard but at some point they will settle down. We were worse in 2021 once all the cavalry got back on the park.

There's plenty of options for the future. If this year goes **** up, I suspect we'll make a bit play at Clarko. If Simmo sees out his current contract and no further you'd expect Jarrad Schofield and Dean Cox to be at the front of the queue for the role but there's quite a lot to play out between now and the end of 2024.

Fat chance a change is made early with Simmo while Nesbit and Gibbs in their roles.

No change from game plan and continuation of last 2 season should have consequences

Can we do a Sydney - a la Buddy?

While the AFL world think Clarkson is headed for the Coasters, gazump Gold Coast and make him an Eagle

Luke B-Average? With a moustache like that, anything's possible!
I can hear the chants now -"Simmo's got to go, Simmo's got to go.."
But seriously, when Big Cox comes back to town, the rest of the comp is going down!

Last edited:
Sydney boys love Dean Cox so wouldn't mind him as our next coach Ash Hansen too

Its been done to death, but i just want whoever replaces Simpson to be an old fashioned, ruthless, headkicking mongrel bastard

Look at the 2 most successful coaches of the modern era: Clarkson (4 flags) and Hardwick (3 flags):

Old fashioned, ruthless, headkicking mongrels

This isn't an accident

Curiously, Simpson apprenticed under Clarkson and i believe was Hardwicks contemporary at Hawthorn as an assistant coach, so why he is seemingly adverse to all things emotive is puzzling.

Maybe he copped too many sprays from Dennis Pagan back in the day (another ruthless bastard)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched his Press conference and he said we struggled to be able to get the ball out of our back half, not one of the media asked him is it because you kick it to the same spot over and over and over again. You make it very very easy for your opponents.
Definition of insanity is doing the sane thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Its been done to death, but i just want whoever replaces Simpson to be an old fashioned, ruthless, headkicking mongrel bastard

Look at the 2 most successful coaches of the modern era: Clarkson (4 flags) and Hardwick (3 flags):

Old fashioned, ruthless, headkicking mongrels

This isn't an accident

Curiously, Simpson apprenticed under Clarkson and i believe was Hardwicks contemporary at Hawthorn as an assistant coach, so why he is seemingly adverse to all things emotive is puzzling.

Maybe he copped too many sprays from Dennis Pagan back in the day (another ruthless bastard)
Hardwick turned soft though

Just watched his Press conference and he said we struggled to be able to get the ball out of our back half, not one of the media asked him is it because you kick it to the same spot over and over and over again. You make it very very easy for your opponents.
Definition of insanity is doing the sane thing over and over and expecting a different result.
Wonder if they are going to boot it long to the right of screen…..

I felt he was frustrated that we reverted to that system that doesn't work. He didn't seem happy, said comments that implied they implemented the new plan for a bit but not consistently.

Our D50 exits in the first half were a lot more daring than toward the end when we got tired and were under pressure.

I say the only way this thread stops is if Simpson wins another premiership...
Anything else is just more evidence as to the reason why this thread should exist ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back