Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that "We'll continue to communicate directly and sensitively with Adz (Treloar) and his management." means " We'll continue to communicate directly and sensitively with Adz (Treloar) and his management. "
Anything else is rubbish and let's stop this crap now.

How easy would it have been to instead say “Adam is a contracted and required player”?

How much easier would this be if Kim’s commitment to netball in Qld was more than 1 year? They all relocate to Qld for the rest of their professional sporting careers and then come back to Vic when they are done. Pick 5 thanks Suns and it’s done.

Right now I’d be happy to relocate to Qld with my wife and kids. Living in Melbourne lately has sucked.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think that "We'll continue to communicate directly and sensitively with Adz (Treloar) and his management." means " We'll continue to communicate directly and sensitively with Adz (Treloar) and his management. "
Anything else is rubbish and let's stop this crap now.

What it really means is "Yes, we're getting rid of Treloar, please stop talking about it"

At this rate, the only way we can salvage the situation is by involving some players into the Treloar deal.

E.g. (all of these deals undervalues Treloar, and although Treloar isn't worth a 4th salary dump like some suggest, his stocks have fallen):

1. Treloar + 2021 1st for Dunkley + 2021 3rd
2. Treloar to St Kilda for 2020 + 2021 1sts (both picks in the late teens), add pick 14 for Cameron. So essentially Treloar + pick 14 for Cameron
3. Treloar + 2021 2nd for Brayshaw + 2021 1st

Unless there is something else at play I think we need to give him the opportunity to give it a crack next year to see how his arrangement goes.

Is it the end of the world if he misses a game or two during the year due to personal circumstances? Richmond used to let Dusty do it from time to time. In 2018 Adz missed a chunk of games due to the double hammy and we still made the GF. He only played 10 games this season (due to more injuries) and once again we still made finals.

Sidey missed games this year due to being a goose and getting suspended and then he returned to Vic for personal circumstances and missed crucial games for us this year. He only played 9 games this year. I’m not hearing much criticism of that.

IF it goes awry next year we deal with it when it presents and support him through it. To me it reeks of us trying to offload him for cap relief and using the personal circumstances to justify it.

Unless there is something else at play I think we need to give him the opportunity to give it a crack next year to see how his arrangement goes.

Is it the end of the world if he misses a game or two during the year due to personal circumstances? Richmond used to let Dusty do it from time to time. In 2018 Adz missed a chunk of games due to the double hammy and we still made the GF. He only played 10 games this season (due to more injuries) and once again we still made finals.

Sidey missed games this year due to being a goose and getting suspended and then he returned to Vic for personal circumstances and missed crucial games for us this year. He only played 9 games this year. I’m not hearing much criticism of that.

IF it goes awry next year we deal with it when it presents and support him through it. To me it reeks of us trying to offload him for cap relief and using the personal circumstances to justify it.

It's not Adam dude, it's the club's moronic decision to pay him $900k a year. If Treloar was on $600-700k this would not be an issue. IMO Treloar has done more to prove his worth then DeGoey, at least Treloar is the upmost professional. Yes, DeGoey is a match winner, but he is yet to prove that he is a consistent player deserving of the money he is requesting.

Geez our club is looking foolish. The only thing that can save the leaders, and I mean the only thing, is if it comes out that perhaps Ms Treloar wants him in QLD and Mr Treloar does not want to be in QLD, so we are keeping quiet just because it is between the couple.

True, but it does seem a bit hypercritical to talk about side by side now. I can’t remember a player ever being pushed out when having so many years left on a contract.

Get rid of Guy and keep Treloar

Or we can wait and see what actually happens over the next week before jumping at shadows?

The media love reporting on Collingwood stories to be first and not necessarily correct.

Sammy Edmund is going to have massive egg on his face if his 'sauce' is off the money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clubs very concerned with the development of both those relationships
Both now have children
Both have other priorities
Both are now not able to call the shots

NOW YOU KNOW

Both are now not able to call the shots
Interesting you say that Darky.
There was something Kim said, (can’t recall) that made me think that was the case.
It was along the lines of I’m doing this and you’ll support me, (at least that’s the vibe I got).

There was something Kim said, (can’t recall) that made me think that was the case.
It was along the lines of I’m doing this and you’ll support me, (at least that’s the vibe I got).
Also point out Zac ,rendall mentioned that Adam has always been a follower in relationships

As George Costanza said

I have no hand

Hate to say this also but I have seen this numerous times
Guy has child
Relationship changes
He loses hand
Possibly 75% of assets

Ouch

Reason why Steele was out and about at Daniel Wells?
That's not his go

Article in the Herald Sun

Collingwood could return Steele Sidebottom into a predominantly onball role if the Magpies can trade out star midfielder Adam Treloar next week.
The Magpies want to improve their onball operations next season after finishing 11th for centre clearances and 12th for around the ground clearances despite Brodie Grundy’s tap dominance.

The Magpies have held discussions with Melbourne clubs in recent days about Treloar’s future with Gold Coast holding little hope he wants to join the Suns.

Western Bulldogs loom large in the event hard nut Josh Dunkley formally requests a trade to Essendon, opening up a spot in the Dogs’ midfield for Treloar.

Melbourne on Wednesday confirmed it was unlikely it would make a play for the Magpie.

There has been an angry fan response to Collingwood’s decision to explore a new home for Treloar, but the club wants to be aggressive in its attempts to improve the list.

The midfield operations are a key item for coach Nathan Buckley and a move to return Sidebottom into the onball slot could sharpen their midfield ball use.

Exclusive figures from Champion Data show the Magpies were + 23 in centre clearances when Sidebottom started in the centre square compared to – 7 when he was out this year in the games he played.

In comparison, Collingwood was – 12 in clearances when Treloar was in the centre square compared to – 16 when he was out.

Sidebottom, 29, has moved around the ground in the past two seasons to accommodate onballers Taylor Adams, Scott Pendlebury, Treloar and at times Jordan De Goey.

According to Champion Data, Sidebottom’s centre bounce attendance percentage has dropped from 50 per cent in his career-best 2018 season to only 23 per cent this year.

But Treloar’s departure would help catapult Sidebottom back into the engine room.

Magpies’ list manager Ned Guy was tight-lipped when asked if Treloar, 27, would be at the club next season.

As revealed in the Herald Sun on Monday, forward Brody Mihocek has signed a three-year deal, while Tom Phillips and Mason Cox could be traded.

“You have to meet me half-way on this” or very similar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back