Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol we haven't won the trade and we won't.

We gave 2 1st rounds for him.
We recieved **** all back for player of that calibre.
Where paying him to play against us for 5 years.

Laughable that shit won't happen again under Wright.

We recieved fu** all back for player of that calibre.

Laughable that sh*t won't happen again under Wright.
You're right on every level. Except I don't think he will play for 5 years given his injury profile

We're talking about the trade to the Bulldogs in isolation. What we paid for him doesn't change the fact that the dogs gave up a first round pick for an injury prone 28 year old. That they are now on the hook for 5 years at over 600k, for a player who wasn't really a need for them is a reasonable conversation to have in the context of the trade.

Wright gave up many first rounders under his watch and hawthorn are now a bottom.four side.

We're talking about the trade to the Bulldogs in isolation. What we paid for him doesn't change the fact that the dogs gave up a first round pick for an injury prone 28 year old. That they are now on the hook for 5 years at over 600k, for a player who wasn't really a need for them is a reasonable conversation to have in the context of the trade.

I lovev trekoar as a player and he seems a lovely guy but he was on the decline with dodgy hammies and now a syndemosis.

He will be out of the game in a couple of years but all the best to him one of the most likeable players in the competition.

On AFL 360 Tuesday night, he said “I’m ticking all the boxes, everything’s going to plan, should be back before finals, not worried at the moment”.
Unless he had a setback since then?
This is the same bloke who did his hammy but still wanted to take his kick before going to the bench. Him not being worried means absolutely nothing

Wright gave up many first rounders under his watch and hawthorn are now a bottom.four side.
I think Tom Mitchell was a bargain for pick 14 in 2016. And O’Meara cost them a 1st round pick (10 from memory). Not a terrible record for 1st round trades.

But did pick up former top 10 pick Scrimshaw (who has been excellent for them) for a 3rd round pick a couple of years after he was drafted.

This is the same bloke who did his hammy but still wanted to take his kick before going to the bench. Him not being worried means absolutely nothing
He thought he had cramp…never had a hammy before (plus that was in the heat of combat).
Completely different scenario now. Complete different injury.
Already 5-6 weeks into rehab & following the medico’s plans.
Comfortable where he‘s at (Even though slower recovery than initially thought).
Time will tell.

Maybe the clubs worry about his mental health and ability to cope with his wife and chid interstate have been proven correct.
Adam was out and about last night in Berwick at a local taphouse, apparently quite intoxicated but really really friendly, posed for photos and all round great bloke until something kicked off.
This led to an altercation with other patrons and punches were thrown.
This is fact, not speculation.

Maybe the clubs worry about his mental health and ability to cope with his wife and chid interstate have been proven correct.
Adam was out and about last night in Berwick at a local taphouse, apparently quite intoxicated but really really friendly, posed for photos and all round great bloke until something kicked off.
More importantly, did Adam maintain social distance during the donnybrook? A shiny dubloon for the person who hits up Sammy Edmund for the story.

You need to post this on the Rumours board.

If this is true and he was playing for Collingwood front page already

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think Adam is the victim in the situation?
Not particularly but he approached the situation but no idea what or why it kicked off.
All I know is he was in great spirits and a really talkative and friendly guy, commented about how gutted he was to leave saying "I loved that place so much" Happy as to have a photo taken but something must have happened later to set him off because he was pretty angry.

Not particularly but he approached the situation but no idea what or why it kicked off.
All I know is he was in great spirits and a really talkative and friendly guy, commented about how gutted he was to leave saying "I loved that place so much" Happy as to have a photo taken but something must have happened later to set him off because he was pretty angry.
When you're an AFL footballer you have to know when to walk away. Actually that goes for everyone, AFL footballer or not.

This is interesting.
I constantly hear/read that the coach, in this case Buckley, is not responsible for the draftees, or recruits.
Yet it appears that he is responsible for retention of these players, even if they are a bust.
I’ve always called bull on the assertion that the coach has little input into drafting/recruiting. How could the person wo devises the game plan have no input in getting the cattle to implement that plan?
Doesn’t ring true.

I think it varies from club to club. My assumption has always been that the coaches would have a huge say in retention at all clubs. With the actual recruiting, there was an article last year that Simpson was frustrated that he had no input into recruitment at WCE, whereas it's pretty obvious that the attributes that suited Clarkson and Hardwick's game plans were targetted by those club's recruiters. I doubt they'd have much say in the actual kid though.

Nice video and insight. Still would like him in black and white, but can understand why the club held concerns.

That's 7.06 minutes of my life I won't get back. Sounds like 'Dunks' and the new boys are where his heart is stationed now in life. Is he returning this year or is it season over?

Nice video and insight. Still would like him in black and white, but can understand why the club held concerns.

He‘s a good person.
Child of the universe.
Shame he was forced out.
Hope he gets back & plays in a Premiership this year…
Shut up all those taunting Tigers.

I am fascinated by threads on players that are no longer at the club. (Don't have a problem with the threads nor am I against people still discussing by the way).

In my time following the pies, I have only been sad at losing R.Shaw and Scotland but would have my said so at the time and then move on. This is football and trading.

Sometimes like with Treloar, it is sad the way his departure was done but I tend to move on pretty quickly. Stephenson, I don't have any issue with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back