News Adelaide Crows Camp Allegations and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

admitted Tex, who also shared he held several one-on-one conversations with players even at his home to help understand and resolve the concerns from what happened during the camp.

So they weren’t ignored, or not heard…

They kept agitating and undermining because (presumably) they didn’t get what they wanted.

Which isn’t exactly going to endear yourself to everyone

That’s exactly what they did. These players owed fidelity to the joint cause, the common goal which was to try to win a premiership. The window of contention was/is so small for players, that this was the groups time and their constant undermining of the group squandered the only chance many of the group were ever getting.

This is why, I think (?), they were ultimately jettisoned.

It’s so hard to compete, to win and contend, that everyone has to be 100% committed.

Exactly. That person, probably realised they were on the fringe, decided to undermine everything. There was absolutely nothing to gain as a positive from doing it. If they were worried about another camp, I am almost certain the club wouldn't have tried it again considering the internal backlash. Im guessing extra cash here.

admitted Tex, who also shared he held several one-on-one conversations with players even at his home to help understand and resolve the concerns from what happened during the camp.

So they weren’t ignored, or not heard…

They kept agitating and undermining because (presumably) they didn’t get what they wanted.

Which isn’t exactly going to endear yourself to everyone

Eddie said the players voiced their concerns. I think it was more the coaching group up.

Our indigenous players => Betts => Caro?

In any case it’s the height of dysfunction when the inmates feel they run the asylum

Well can you blame them when last year the club catered to their every need and were quick to shove Tex as far under the bus as possible for a comment not directed at them and therefor they werent victims and tex never oppressed them by influencing their careers. Its no wonder they think they have a say..

This of course is if its true. This one smells of just an angle by Caro to yet again, smack the club on a racist issue. Who will argue her...right?

Eddie said the players voiced their concerns. I think it was more the coaching group up.

If you’ve been heard, but you have demands that haven’t been met - that’s not the same as not being heard.

I can listen to you, agree that something wasn’t as it should be, and also disagree what actions are merited

That’s what senior leadership is: responsibility and accountability for the whole, within a chain of command

If you’ve been heard, but you have demands that haven’t been met - that’s not the same as not being heard.

I can listen to you, agree that something wasn’t as it should be, and also disagree what actions are merited

That’s what senior leadership is: responsibility and accountability for the whole, within a chain of command

Exactly. Honestly as ive said, I think any seasoned lawyer will rip the players apart on the camp. As ive said numerous times, If Eddie and Co think talking about the camp is hard, they have another thing coming. Plus I'd love to see them prove the camp traumatized them over the obvious triggered an existing trauma.

He also said he invited anyone affected by the camp to call him. I also hope there’s some legal reasons behind that because the club should be on the front foot and contacting everyone who was there.
I thought so too.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Exactly. Honestly as ive said, I think any seasoned lawyer will rip the players apart on the camp. As ive said numerous times, If Eddie and Co think talking about the camp is hard, they have another thing coming. Plus I'd love to see them prove the camp traumatized them over the obvious triggered an existing trauma.

Discovery and cross examination are reasons it will never come to anything

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel free to quote the relevant section that says the chairman and board have no ability to remove a board member.
Not looking for a shit fight, but there really isn't anything in our Constitution where the Chairman can make another Board Member vacate their seat.

Maybe S25.c at a stretch in the case of Roo not being fit and proper.

Even then. No powers given to the Chairman to make another Board Member stand down.

Only the AFL can do that.

Unless I am missing something

The Crows have leaked information to Graham Cornes about the camp.
He's good friends with one of the collective minds guys from memory

He also said he invited anyone affected by the camp to call him. I also hope there’s some legal reasons behind that because the club should be on the front foot and contacting everyone who was there.
I’m in. As a supporter I’ve been traumatised by the camp and I want part of the class action as well.

Last edited:
I’m in. As a supporter I’ve been traumatise by the camp and I want part of the class action as well.
Can we sue the Richmond football club too?

Last edited:
Anyone got a link to olsens interviews?

Heard rowey say there are 14 people in the class action now? Is it actually happening and do we know who?

I see Graham has been sent out to quell the unwashed masses from questioning the club. Way to read the room

I don't know what he expected. The whole thing was advertised around the camp revelations. If he didn't want that, he should have simply not had his manager and publicist come out months ago and build up the hype.

The 360 interview in hindsight, while revealing was a huge mistake by Eddie. He should have told them to ask about the book, not the camp. He kept repeating it was only one chapter. Overall, it smacks of his publicist seeking to make as much money out of the book as they can at Eddies expense.

I'm not surprised, I made the point last week that those in the football media who were weaponosing Eddie's book to attack Adelaide were not looking after Eddie's wellbeing.

The book was supposed to be about his life, but the AFL media have hijacked his big moment and essentially ruined it.

I feel sorry for Eddie that he now feels like he can't go and promote his book due to all this crap.

It's almost the perfect storm isn't it. A high profiile Football Director with no media savvy and a penchant for saying ill considered and generally stupid things in the public domain, coupled with a completey inept and benign media / PR team that are ill equipped to manage it.
For some reason, your description of Roo reminded me of this...

It even mentions a dodgy camp!!

I'm not surprised, I made the point last week that those in the football media who were weaponosing Eddie's book to attack Adelaide were not looking after Eddie's wellbeing.

The book was supposed to be about his life, but the AFL media have hijacked his big moment and essentially ruined it.

I feel sorry for Eddie that he now feels like he can't go and promote his book due to all this crap.

I do and I dont feel bad for him. He openly sold it for money and agreed to use the camp as a sales pitch? If he badly underestimated the media response thats on him.

Not looking for a s**t fight, but there really isn't anything in our Constitution where the Chairman can make another Board Member vacate their seat.

Maybe S25.c at a stretch in the case of Roo not being fit and proper.

Even then. No powers given to the Chairman to make another Board Member stand down.

Only the AFL can do that.

Unless I am missing something

S10 relates to Discipline of Members.

This does allow for the Chairman to expel or suspend a member.

S7 outlines who are members.

Broadly speaking

AFL appointed.

AFC appointed life Members.

Elected members. ie Graham Goodings

S10 does not apply to AFL appointed members. Under S10.f

Technically speaking us season ticket holders are not members.

They can’t delete your tweet. Literally they don’t have that functionality
I couldn't see the post on my phone and assumed it had been deleted. I've never used twitter before so I don't know how this shit works.

EDIT: Just checked on my desktop and it's still there. Weird. Not sure why it didn't show on my phone.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

News Adelaide Crows Camp Allegations and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

Back