Autopsy Adelaide d Geelong by 15 points

Remove this Banner Ad

There were a lot worse than him.
We have too many one paced midfielders and we got cut up on transition. We need to change it up, and he atm is the weakest link.

The backline was attrtrouis we really needed another tall in Hendo/Taylor

Wasn’t too bad besides the skill errors and dropped marks

Too many passengers , fatigue and skills errors led to this loss
We have the most over rated backline in the game, not one of them would get a game at Richmond.

I know it's not popular but Menzel - retirement.

He’ll be defended - rustiness or something similar. But it was a carbon copy of his game in the Prelim at the same venue against the same opposition.

Against quality opposition he’s a liability. Can only get the ball if it’s delivered perfectly. Can’t turn and can’t chase. Gets slaughtered by any defender with any mobility at all.

He’ll get back into form against Brisbane. May go ok next week depending on which Melbourne turn up. Will never be dropped anyway.

I don’t necessarily think it’s his fault and I’ll never knock his endeavour. The bloke just can’t see and shouldn’t be playing. Simple as that. Indictment on the MC that they even considered it.
Yep blindness is not his fault. But either is a lack of height in a basketballer. Unfortunately ball sports just aint for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our defence made some critical errors, however, considering how the ball was allowed to be brought in at times didn't help. Some interesting match-ups at times. Tuohy looked like he was on Lynch in the 3/4 - not sure why.

I'm in favour of either Taylor or Henderson (not both) coming back in to shore things up.

This Geelong group = biggest waste of a team in football history

Complete lack of team cohesion.

Scott abs the coaches to blame.

No success in the near or medium term for this mob until something big changes in the club. But it won’t.
We just aren't prepared to ask the hard questions of ourselves and haven't been for some time. As said Cook knows he shouldn't be there any more. We are complacent at the top and it shows.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Where are those posters saying we'd win by 10-goals? I can't believe those people. This game was always going to be very difficult. I thought we tried our guts out, the intensity was there and we certainly had a crack and never gave up. Our defence looked vulnerable, but the way the Crows easily transitioned the ball from their backline to their forward line with ease did not make being a Cats defender easy tonight. Laird had 43 disposals. Wow. Basic skill errors cost us dearly, dropped marks, terrible kicking execution at times etc.

Menzel was always going to be rusty, he has missed so much footy and was extremely unlikely to have an impact in his first game back. Buzza was just horrendous, I have little faith in him but tonight was just a nightmare for him and that can happen to anyone I guess. I thought Ablett was pretty good tonight and typically worked his way into the contest. Hawkins was simply outstanding and Narkle is going to be something special. We aren't a top 4 side and we aren't good enough to be a serious contender. I think we need to accept that now, most realistic people probably have. That's okay, just enjoy the wins as they come and if we can sneak into the 8, which I suspect we will, lets hope we can at least win one final and be competitive in another. If we don't make the 8, lets look at the positives - higher first round pick in a very, very good draft. Disappointing night overall, but hardly a surprise in the scheme of things.

Somehow we continue to make these out of form sides that will miss the 8 look like top 4 sides. Essendon, Bulldogs and now the Crows. Granted while the Crows have been putrid away they have been ok at home.

Hawkins is on absolute fire at the moment and all he needs is another marking target up forward and we just can't seem to find one. I thought Menz who seemed to be miss judging the flight of the ball early would improve but he actually got worse and like HT last week become a liability by the 4th qtr.

Like last year our bottom 6 hold us back too much. Our stars carried us tonight but we're just exposed with this many <50 gamers and it will only be more obvious if we make finals.

I hate losing Thursday night games, makes for a long Friday.
Probably because we're not that good ourselves:'(

Not good enough to get a game in the midfield with the calibre of mids we have now, not that he was ever any good there either. He's all but useless.

We need to be like the Pies and refuse to pick players who don't pressure, tackle, work hard defensively. Too many softies running around atm.
Guthrie works hard. Always has and in fairness has often been asked to do a job that the team needs. Not great tonight but think he has earnt a bit over the years

But who plays? Surely not Taylor, murdoch and parsons. What are our actual options.
Crows deserved the win. It could be argued that the cats lost it with skill errors.

Buzza had a shocker but he hasn’t played for a long time.

Guthrie made some shocking skill errors that cost multiple goals. He did improve though.

Menzel tried to work his opponent under the ball too often. He also hasn’t played for 10 weeks or so.

Kelly...brilliant.

Narkle is so clean with his ball handling. He’s going to be a star.

Danger was fantastic.

Ablett has a mixed game. He should have had more shots on goal though.

A few negatives and some positives. Some umpiring errors but they worked both ways.
Buzza played vfl last week and afl a couple of weeks ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Adelaide d Geelong by 15 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back