Autopsy Adelaide d Geelong by 15 points

Remove this Banner Ad

When you turn the ball over as badly & often as we do and have so few players with really any defensive intent, it's not a good combination.

Disposal efficiency isn't up to AFL standard from far too many players who are not only on the list, but integral members of the best 22.

The lack of aggression really stands out when they meet a side who are hungry and bring the heat. Too often they come up short when trying to match that intensity, seems to be a real feature of our drafting.

List needs a serious evaluation, missing the finals would help them realise that. We just don't have a playing list built to contend the way the game is played across the competition in 2018.

Can we talk about Duncan’s squib for a minute? I hope that gets highlighted in the media
To be fair, remember when Duncan went back with the flight of a hospital handball and got cleaned up horribly by Mumford, nobody talked about how courageous he was then. It was all about the big man imposing himself. Maybe he’s had enough :)

Scooter injured? No freaking way he goes out otherwise. Only tackler we have in the midfield
I'd drop him. Sloane and Crouch had plenty of the footy and he had little of it, and didn't hurt them with it.

Skill errors and terrible selections cost us dearly tonight. Probs not finals standard this year. Lots of work needed in the offseason

Disgustingly bad decisions at the selection table. How the MC thought picking Simpson and Buzza would end well is beyond me.
As bad as they were I don’t think it mattered. We were our own worst enemies with our skills.

Crows deserved the win. It could be argued that the cats lost it with skill errors.

Buzza had a shocker but he hasn’t played for a long time.

Guthrie made some shocking skill errors that cost multiple goals. He did improve though.

Menzel tried to work his opponent under the ball too often. He also hasn’t played for 10 weeks or so.

Kelly...brilliant.

Narkle is so clean with his ball handling. He’s going to be a star.

Danger was fantastic.

Ablett has a mixed game. He should have had more shots on goal though.

A few negatives and some positives. Some umpiring errors but they worked both ways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Menzel is underdone. Probably not the best game to bring him back, however I don’t think they had much choice. Hopefully he will be better for the run. We definitely need him playing his best footy. I think we will make the finals, just going to have to do it the hard way. The positives was our clearance & contested ball work. Just need to get a bit more composure down back. This is where you set up all your attacks from and is perhaps one reason why we are not getting great entries into our forward line. They pretty much lost it tonight with unforgivable errors in our defensive 50 that resulted in goals.
They did have a choice. Someone who can run and turn.

I was disappointed in Parfitt tonight. He is being starved of opportunity in forward pocket. Get him into midfield. Time to start building our 2019 tilt.

Tired of hearing people say 'get him in the midfield' for under performing players. Any player can get on the end of a couple (Eg, Guthrie in the 4th), big deal. We have enough talent in the midfield already. The ball winners and tough defensive players are needed there, we already have Duncan avoiding contact there, we don't need another couple doing the same.

Too many dumb mistakes in general and lack of skill and composure from our bottom six or so cost us a chance at the win there. Menzel and Buzza were shocking tonight. Backline apart from Blics was poor. Hawkins was fantastic though. Gaz, Joel, Scooter and Danger all tried hard we just were not clean enough or as hard at the ball as Adelaide. Even more annoying is we smashed them in the centre clearances and beat them in contested possessions too. Another wasted effort resulting in a another close loss.

We are really cutting the margin fine now to make the 8. Better start playing ruthless, clean hard footy from next week onwards. Anything less and we are gone.

The only saving grace is that flog Walker will get at least 2 weeks on the sidelines for his dirty hit on Tuohy.

Somehow we continue to make these out of form sides that will miss the 8 look like top 4 sides. Essendon, Bulldogs and now the Crows. Granted while the Crows have been putrid away they have been ok at home.

Hawkins is on absolute fire at the moment and all he needs is another marking target up forward and we just can't seem to find one. I thought Menz who seemed to be miss judging the flight of the ball early would improve but he actually got worse and like HT last week become a liability by the 4th qtr.

Like last year our bottom 6 hold us back too much. Our stars carried us tonight but we're just exposed with this many <50 gamers and it will only be more obvious if we make finals.

I hate losing Thursday night games, makes for a long Friday.

For all those guys who have criticised my comments on buzza. I apologize. Not only were you dramatically wrong but I was wrong too. I wasnt critical enough.
I did warn everyone that he was putrid in the VFL and would be the same

Delist at the end of the year

Our game can be summed up by Parfitt’s out on the full in the last. Cats turned it on when the game was almost over and looked unstoppable, then more and more skill errors...
I think it’s better summed up by 2E taking an eternity to get rid of the ball in the 3rd 1/4.
Just not switched on, no urgency, incapable of making split second decisions, and just utter complacency.

For all those guys who have criticised my comments on buzza. I apologize. Not only were you dramatically wrong but I was wrong too. I wasnt critical enough.

I don’t necessarily think it’s his fault and I’ll never knock his endeavour. The bloke just can’t see and shouldn’t be playing. Simple as that. Indictment on the MC that they even considered it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Adelaide d Geelong by 15 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back