Autopsy Adelaide d Geelong by 15 points

Remove this Banner Ad

I would imagine that having two concussed players in the first quarter seemed to turn the game. I actually don’t know why they let Tuohy and Selwood back on the ground after they were clearly seeing stars. Can’t wait for a send off rule to be brought in.

Speaking of soccer...the Bryce Gibbs flop!!! It was as good as any WC2018 player.
I heard there was a world wide search for the very best divers to help save the kids in the flooded caves in Thailand. Apparently two names put forward were Gibbs and Rance.

They simply iced the wrong two Menzel was looking like an old man and Buzza was just being Buzza.Two poor selections.
Buzza was left on.

Gregson and O'Connor were iced through injury and Simpson, Menzel for tonight.
For the latter two they could have picked Crameri and GHS and the outcome likely wouldn't have been any different.

And he'd have prevented our lack of defensive pressure?

It's time to warrant from so you you could be right. **** off Menzel, Guthrie, Simpson and Buzza would be an improvement.

If you're point is he wouldn't have increased our defensive pressure then I agree. However, he may have provided a better avenue or contest tonight that meant we didn't have to focus on defensive pressure.

Early in the game I think we were three 3 goals to 1 up and Hawkins took a mark 15 metres out on a slight angle. The crowd was really hushed at that point and had he kicked it I felt wed really got them by the balls. Such a costly miss.

Crazy thing was I knew he'd miss it. Was on an angle at the right distance where he tends to stab at the ball rather than kick through it.

You're right though, it was a massive momentum shift after that.

1. Sooner or later the afl will bring in a red card as we lost momentum with the action of dogs. It is not tough to hit people who are not waiting for contact. Taylor Walker deserves weeks. People need to remember Hawkins copped weeks for a simple jumper punch. Gibbs the same. We had momentum and at this point we lost it. There is a reason why other sports dont allow dog acts, and the punishment is on the spot. Let alone the fn tackle by leg breaker on the captain. Seriously demented team.
2. It is confusing when the umpires review a point/out on the full, and stop our mometum coming out of defence. Yet when danger's goal / point was touched on the line it was not reviewed. Simp[le consitency would be great.
3. Dropping the ball - seriously what is the rule and apply it consistently. Sauce throws the ball in our goal square nothing event.

4. Menzel is cooked, could not chanse leap, mark or do anything. Playing in the twos until he does something.
5. Simpson needs more time in the twos, he came in to do a role on Laird, and was beaten.
6. Jones needs more time in the twos, needs to learn to tackle
7. Anyone who thinks we are not missing Caddy is simply stupid
8. Buzza, learn to mark and GET OUT OF HAWKS WAY, simply not up to it
9. Henry is a better forward than Buzza, play him forward
10. Kolo and Stewart WTF is going on, up iuntil 3 weeks ago you were awesome
11. Menegola, WTF, get in dangers way, and never step up in a big game
12. Give GHS a run of 4 games, as he is better than many who played tonight, as for that there is a reason why Murdoch plays

we are good enough to win a flag in a piss poor year, but need to learn to tackle. As our tackles dont stick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One I can remember where he just bashed the ball forward into Lynch’s hands who snapped the goal. The others where he “found himself” with no support I couldn’t blame him for. The turnovers up the ground really killed us.

The first one you mentioned was one where, as I was watching in the moment, it looked like he'd made a great decision for a split second.

From my count he was outmarked 3 times in 1v1's tonight. It happens to every defender in the comp. The one that annoyed me though was where either Lynch or Jenkins (can't remember, think it was Jenkins) darted toward the goalsquare and then doubled back for a really easy mark I50. The Crow didn't even need to put a push or nudge on Blicavs to lose him; to me it was indicative of inexperience in the role. But even then, he was in a tough position with no support around him and no pressure on the bloke delivering the ball.

Blicavs has done well in transitioning to a defensive role this year; to me it suits him and was a fairly logical progression, he'll be able to run with all the big-engined KF's from now until he retires - he just needs to learn the nuances of the role, which I am reasonably confident he will given his history of adapting to new situations.

My comment that he'll have nightmares about the game wasn't really meant to imply that he had a "'mare", more trying to illustrate that he found himself in horrible situations on more occasions than a defender would wanna endure. He did some good things; he did some bad things .. :)

Last edited:
So disappointed to see what Cam Guthrie was become. I'd go so far as to argue his career trajectory is the most disappointing player development failure of the last 10 years. The inability to harness the potential he showed at a young age is an indictment on our system.

The 'potential' was overrated for what it was. He was labeled the next midfield star, which people fell for, some people. He's only ever looked good in certain circumstances, when it falls his way.

Any subsequent games put into Cameron Guthrie are a complete waste IMO. We may as well play Fogarty, Cunico or another youngster with development potential. Should have traded him last year when there were still some simple folk in the dark on him.

The one that annoyed me though was were either Lynch or Jenkins (can't remember, think it was Jenkins) darted toward the goalsquare and then doubled back for a really easy mark I50. The Crow didn't even need to put a push or nudge on Blicavs to lose him; to me it was indicative of inexperience in the role. But even then, he was in a tough position with no support around him and no pressure on the bloke delivering the ball.
I must say from my view at the ground that was a classic “nothing he could do” moment.

I must say from my view at the ground that was a classic “nothing he could do” moment.

He did what defenders are told to do - hit it towards the boundary line - just didn't get as much power behind the fist as he needed.

People going at Menzel can get ******.

Yeah, he was bad, but he hasn't played since round 5.

In the first 5 games, he had 15 goals with 3 games of 5, 4 and 4.

He’s into his ninth season of football. We all know about the injuries, but that time has passed; he has to deliver.

He has to receive perfect service to be dangerous. He can barely jump. He can’t chase. He doesn’t tackle. To justify that long list of weaknesses you have to be exceptional in output. He isn’t. And he’s already missed 10 games this season. The club can’t afford to have part time footballers.

Tell me what did you think of Menzel half on the weekend.My thought was geriatric.
Didn’t see it. But it’s naive to think his promotion was based on that half. He’s a best 18 player that had done all the preparation they wanted to get him back in the team. Holding him back because of a poor half would have been ridiculous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Adelaide d Geelong by 15 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back