Adelaide first week of the finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Well it's not cast iron yet, but it's the most probable of outcomes. West Coast seem to have found a bit of form. They might be able to knock off the Hawks, we'll see. We'll need a stirring performance to get over Geelong down there though. We're still the only team to have won down there in the last 4 or 5 years.

I'm not unhappy about going to Adelaide to take on the Crows. We'll be the hunters under that scenario and Adelaide won't know what hit them, considering the difference in our build ups to the finals.

We'll have been pounding anvils, while they've been frolicking with kittens.

I'm not unhappy about going to Adelaide to take on the Crows. We'll be the hunters under that scenario and Adelaide won't know what hit them, considering the difference in own build up to the finals.

We'll have been pounding anvils, while they've been frolicking with kittens.

We just never seem to have the luck in front of goal when we play the Crows. Look at a majority of our losses to them over the last few years, we've actually had more scoring shots than them in a lot of the games. Our record against them shouldn't be as bad as it looks. We're just wasteful. Extremely wasteful against them.

I'd fancy our chances against Adelaide on several fronts.

Firstly, our game plan already relies on finals like pressure, something their young group has yet to truly experience.

Secondly we actually have more finals experience in our team full stop.

Third, I think we've had a harder run home so more physically prepared for finals.

Anything less than a Prelim for us now would be a disappointment.

I think Adelaide would certainly be the best team to face week 1. The seem a bit out of form at the moment, plus they have 2 easy games leading into the finals. Lets hope the Hawks win next week.

Here's the deal,
Hawks win, Swans lose
Sydney v Adelaide at AAMI

Hawks win, Swans win
Sydney v Adelaide at ANZ

West Coast win, Swans win
Swans v West Coast at ANZ (we gain minor premiership)

West Coast win, Swans lose
Swans v Hawthorn at MCG

The last scenario is probably the worst of them all... just for the mere fact we'd have to play at the G against the premiership favourites. Ideal situation would be the third, most likely situation would be the first.

Here's the deal,
Hawks win, Swans lose

Hawks win, Swans win
Sydney v Adelaide at ANZ

Swans v Hawthorn at MCG

The last scenario is probably the worst of them all... just for the mere fact we'd have to play at the G against the premiership favourites. Ideal situation would be the third, most likely situation would be the first.

Great picture you painted - makes me a little nervous. haha

In our last three games against Adelaide we're 1-2 pumped them at AAMI in 2010 , 7 point loss there last year and a 5 point loss at the SCG this year. Going back any further is worthless as most of the current team wasn't playing. They do have the edge over us but haven't really been that imposing, not like a certain black & white team.

Playing them at ANZ would probably be the best possible result going into the finals, I don't think they've ever played there, plus they have less finals experiance then the other top sides + our finals lead up vs theirs. No disrespect to the crows they've had a good year, but if we can't get the job done against them, we're not going to get the job done against the rest.

Here's the deal,
Hawks win, Swans lose

Hawks win, Swans win
Sydney v Adelaide at ANZ

Swans v Hawthorn at MCG

The last scenario is the one i really don't want to happen. The other 3 scenarios are not to bad but the last scenario sucks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's the deal,
Hawks win, Swans lose

Hawks win, Swans win
Sydney v Adelaide at ANZ

Swans v Hawthorn at MCG

Great we deserved a Top 4 position with the double chance. We are in it up to our eyeballs.

Would actually be very comfortable going into a Final against the Crows no matter where it's played. I think Finals are a completely different ball game and with their weaker lead in will be ripe for the picking.

Would actually be very comfortable going into a Final against the Crows no matter where it's played. I think Finals are a completely different ball game and with their weaker lead in will be ripe for the picking.

I agree we can beat Adelaide but i would rather we play at ANZ than AAMI especially since the Crows have never played at ANZ (at least i don't think they have) and it might take their players a while to get used to the unique surface at ANZ.

Surely we have a chance against Geelong next week - We can beat them at Skilled and based on todays performance against the Bulldogs, they might not be in top form heading into the finals.

So i'm going with the presumption we and Hawthorn win, allowing us to play Adelaide at ANZ. It'd be better to play West Coast, but it's just not going to happen.

Surely we have a chance against Geelong next week - We can beat them at Skilled and based on todays performance against the Bulldogs, they might not be in top form heading into the finals.

So i'm going with the presumption we and Hawthorn win, allowing us to play Adelaide at ANZ. It'd be better to play West Coast, but it's just not going to happen.

what i saw of the pussys today we can win. They were showing signs of fatigue from this season and Boyd and Griffen were into them in the middle. Admittedly they rested a few but we can win next week for sure.

Soft draw has flattered Adelaide.

If Goodes didn't get injured in the last we would've beat them.

When was the last time (if ever:confused:) they've played at ANZ?

I'm never confident of a win against Adelaide, we always seem to have a horror run in front of goal against them. They (1998) and Brisbane (2003) have been the only teams ever to beat us in a Sydney final. They have the forward line to beat us if Tippett and Walker fire, and Dangerfield is a menace. I think we have more chance of beating Collingwood next time we play them than the Crows.

Soft draw has flattered Adelaide.

If Goodes didn't get injured in the last we would've beat them.

When was the last time (if ever:confused:) they've played at ANZ?

Regardless of a soft draw we are still ranked #1 in contested ball and have an incredible record against the swans, I think we have won 14 of the last 16 against you guys. Most Crows supporters would be very pleased playing the swans in week 1

I actually think the game will be at AAMI, the Cats have Selwood, Scarlett & Hunt all back next week not to mention they have won 34 of the past 35 at skilled, theybare just so tough to beat at skilled

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide first week of the finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back