Autopsy Finish the H&A season on a winning note, 31 point winners against Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

This selection squeeze if everyone is available will be fascinating.

I think Parker starts now. Comes down to Campbell or Adams as the 23rd man and unfortunately for Taylor I think he’s going to be the unlucky one. Campbell sub.

Adams, Fox and Cleary all handy backups if there are any injuries.

Possibly but we didn't respond that convincingly to the big loss.

I really think our bad starts this year are down to pressure as most teams start games with high pressure and as the game goes on the pressure lessens, and that allowed us to play how we wanted to play. The problem is in finals the pressure does not go down like it does in a regular home and away game.

Who knows , I mean you play the games because anyone can win and there isn't an easy final.

But it's not like the 17 wins were pressure free , and you could argue the consistent ability to recover from bad starts shows an ability to deal with pressure?

All the bullshit aside until we come out and do it on grand final day the fan base will all be nervous and worried about how we will cope and what if we lose.

So I was just stirring old mate Punts sorry buddy, but I get it , we all sat through shitting the bed on the big stage. The club has given itself an awesome chance again, but there is pressure to deliver.

I think the best footy this year has been our best, they have put time into the list, they have been through ups and downs, they took their lumps in 22. It's time to deliver, we can't just keep being happy making finals.

I think we have a resolve now ... time will tell , not sure why I am, but right now I am confident. The Port game really ****ed
my confidence though, shattering ,
Dogs I felt well that's the shit week we needed.

But we have responded , I think we saw the real Swans a lot last night, yes it's the Crows, I get it.

Good morning and welcome back fellow believers.

George Michael once said you’ve gotta have faith and why wouldn’t you after witnessing us toy with the crows last night.

We are fast again, we are scoring at will, we executed the game plan - a bruise free tune up before the finals.

Did we look exhausted last night ? Didn’t think so. Did we look full of running ? Did we look like a team tapering and about to explode in 2 weeks. You know we did.

A perfect home and away and with so many finals party tricks up our sleeve to be unveiled when it matters most.

Now sit back, relax and watch a day of high drama and carnage hopefully culminating in a 9th place finish for the * premiers.

JHWF, realistic not optimistic at the business end of the season.

Possibly but we didn't respond that convincingly to the big loss.

I really think our bad starts this year are down to pressure as most teams start games with high pressure and as the game goes on the pressure lessens, and that allowed us to play how we wanted to play. The problem is in finals the pressure does not go down like it does in a regular home and away game.
We did, though. We won games against sides that had to beat us to keep their season's alive

Selection is tough.

If you have three talls Hayward, Papley and mids resting do you need Parker there to start? But then he keeps marking and kicking goals , so why wouldn't you?

Campbell hasn't got much of it, but his last few weeks especially has been growing into the role and he is one of our best kicks, but do we trust him against the best to get the ball?

Adams busts in and have they been managing him for more game time in September, Have defended him a lot but if all he can give is 68% game time for whatever reason then well he won't stay in then ahead of the two above.

Do we need Fox as sub? for versatility?

I think Heeney and Mccartin walk in, can't see Papley not starting and honestly if Jmac is fit stuff making him sub we need him and maybe that means with Roberts lloyd florent in form Campbell goes out

Selection is tough.

If you have three talls Hayward, Papley and mids resting do you need Parker there to start? But then he keeps marking and kicking goals , so why wouldn't you?

Campbell hasn't got much of it, but his last few weeks especially has been growing into the role and he is one of our best kicks, but do we trust him against the best to get the ball?

Adams busts in and have they been managing him for more game time in September, Have defended him a lot but if all he can give is 68% game time for whatever reason then well he won't stay in then ahead of the two above.

Do we need Fox as sub? for versatility?

I think Heeney and Mccartin walk in, can't see Papley not starting and honestly if Jmac is fit stuff making him sub we need him and maybe that means with Roberts lloyd florent in form Campbell goes out
I do see a world where JMac is sub

I do see a world where JMac is sub

For sure.

Gun to my head though I would guess Adams or Campbell whichever holds their spot. Jmac is fit he plays from the start imo, we miss him.

Rampe is like an on field coach to the defence it's awesome to watch. It's the stuff I don't get to hear and see normally behind the play.

The other little thing with the kiddies who ran out, the players went to do their stretches after the banner but Grundy took time to tie a little piece of banner or streamer on the little girls arm and make sure she was ok. Nice moment , bet it made her day.

For a change a quick start from Sydney, so no need to over exert themselves playing catch up Football, just the sort of game you need at the end of the H&A season a good hit out and no injuries before the finals.
Another Kinnear Beatson draft masterpiece in picking up Matt Roberts at no.34 , he looks to have a long top level football career ahead of him , if he keeps developing at the current rate.

I really can't see Cleary staying in if we have a fully fit list to choose from

yeah, he likely misses out ... but geez, what a platform to launch his career from ... he's been very impressive in this senior stint and i doubt any swans fan would be too concerned if injuries mean he stays in the team through finals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought it was a very good tune up for finals. Challenged in the first quarter. Offensively brilliant. Defensively poor.

Reset at quarter time and then showed our class in the second blowing them away putting the game beyond doubt pretty much keeping them goalless apart from a Judas goal at the siren.

Still kept them at arms length in the last 2 quarters and didn’t spend too many tickets doing it.

defenders too busy kicking goals ... we'll just have to live with it

I can distinctly remember reading about Matt Roberts being a starter for the team before RD 1 and thinking he's got a few players to jump ahead of yet.
He's made himself undroppable at this point. So calm and collected with the ball and makes the right decision every time. Having confidence in your kicking ability sure does help a lot.

Who knows , I mean you play the games because anyone can win and there isn't an easy final.

But it's not like the 17 wins were pressure free , and you could argue the consistent ability to recover from bad starts shows an ability to deal with pressure?

All the bullshit aside until we come out and do it on grand final day the fan base will all be nervous and worried about how we will cope and what if we lose.

So I was just stirring old mate Punts sorry buddy, but I get it , we all sat through shitting the bed on the big stage. The club has given itself an awesome chance again, but there is pressure to deliver.

I think the best footy this year has been our best, they have put time into the list, they have been through ups and downs, they took their lumps in 22. It's time to deliver, we can't just keep being happy making finals.

I think we have a resolve now ... time will tell , not sure why I am, but right now I am confident. The Port game really ****ed
my confidence though, shattering ,
Dogs I felt well that's the shit week we needed.

But we have responded , I think we saw the real Swans a lot last night, yes it's the Crows, I get it.
Nice post. You’re The Voice ❤️

I agree with your 2nd statement but there is something about being able to add a quality player like him in the 2nd half to give us more run if we need it

i think it's very possible mcinerney's first game back could be as a sub, as both a test for him and to inject his class, his running and his energy later in a big game ...
but a) surely it would be just that first game back, and all going well he's in the starting side the following week, and b) that is assuming he's right to go ... i know we're hearing a lot of positive talk but we've all experienced that with the swans ... i'll believe it when i see the number 27 up and about on game day

I’m not very familiar with the sign, but shouldn’t the P come before the W? Like is this dumbass using the wrong hand?

Probably fitting this way, I think he wants us to know that he is a Pathetic w***er.

Honestly, what a bloody weirdo to come to footy and do that all game next to a bunch of kids. Creepy weird old dude energy. Ban him from the stadium and the AFL.
He may have got his ticket from Tex

I'll be honest, I think we are going out in straight sets this year which will be super disappointing but we just don't handle pressure well and in finals there is going to be a tonne of pressure, no matter who we play against.
I think you’re catastrophising a bit mate.

This year we showed we’re quite good at applying pressure ourselves. The best kind of all. Scoreboard pressure.

I’m more concerned about our lack of gorillas. We’re a light and agile team for the most part (which is wonderful). But if a couple of boys get taken out, as can happen in finals, we don’t have too many scruff-of-the-neck kind of players who can set things back on an even footing.

I guess the answer is to put the game away earlier than we’ve been doing, and completely knock the psychological wind out of the opposition.

And as I suggested in an earlier post, I think the fact that 17 current players suffered the searing humiliation of the 2022 grand final is a positive, not a negative. If we do make the granny, those boys will be roaring hot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Finish the H&A season on a winning note, 31 point winners against Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back