Adelaide Football Club Logo

Crows logo survey

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What about the WFAO crow?
116621_6fd97488f4a2750479c221fba9cdd485.png

I like the third one. Used by the Austin Crows?

Raptor head has been changed a little bit and is better. Likes pretty good superimposed over the Festival Centre for night games. But hate it on merchandise and on TV when broadcasting our games.

Would like to see the crow used in our "Fly as One" logo used more.

They have the menacing crow theme working well in the in game imagery on the screens. Need to expand on that with our logo.

I wouldn't use the shield as our logo but don't get the 'it's contrived' or 'faux history' argument. It's as old as the club as it appears on the inaugural gold jacket. You don't have to be 100 years old to design a shield. Nothing stopping gws or the suns from designing one.

And wtf has it got to do with port?

A fake heritage logo with our date of establishment is not appealing. Not a fan of the Latin motto. Keep it bold and simple with an angry menacing Crow.

I like the third one. Used by the Austin Crows?

Raptor head has been changed a little bit and is better. Likes pretty good superimposed over the Festival Centre for night games. But hate it on merchandise and on TV when broadcasting our games.

Would like to see the crow used in our "Fly as One" logo used more.

They have the menacing crow theme working well in the in game imagery on the screens. Need to expand on that with our logo.
The bold outline and light colour is what ruins the logo. It accentuates the curved beak and creates the cartoon look

When used as a light as in that scenario it is juts the silhouette so look a lot better. Versions where it has been darkened to all 1 solid colour or is drawn as only the outline (see pic attached), it looks better. In these ways it actually looks sleek and more fierce. Simple change if the club wanted to improve without complete change.

Id imagine thought a lot of the cost in changing wouldn't necessarily be the design but the changing of signs, apparel, etc that have it on them so while it is a simpler fix it may not be all that much cheaper and if the club wants to change they may prefer to go whole hog

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-28 at 2.37.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-28 at 2.37.04 PM.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 70
The bold outline and light colour is what ruins the logo. It accentuates the curved beak and creates the cartoon look

When used as a light as in that scenario it is juts the silhouette so look a lot better. Versions where it has been darkened to all 1 solid colour or is drawn as only the outline (see pic attached), it looks better. In these ways it actually looks sleek and more fierce. Simple change if the club wanted to improve without complete change.

Id imagine thought a lot of the cost in changing wouldn't necessarily be the design but the changing of signs, apparel, etc that have it on them so while it is a simpler fix it may not be all that much cheaper and if the club wants to change they may prefer to go whole hog

Two very similar products, but quite different logos.

The beak is shaped differently and less colourful. I wouldn't mind a slow move to something like that IF change isn't on the clubs radar.

58085-adelaide-crows-supporter-beanie-1000.jpg
47015-adelaide-crows-jake-beanie-1000.jpg

Two very similar products, but quite different logos.

The beak is shaped differently and less colourful. I wouldn't mind a slow move to something like that IF change isn't on the clubs radar.

View attachment 261293
View attachment 261292
Actually you will notice that the beak is exactly the same.

Its juts that the lettering is positioned in a way where you can't see where the outlines of the beak end in one so it completely changes the look

Actually you will notice that the beak is exactly the same.

Its juts that the lettering is positioned in a way where you can't see where the outlines of the beak end in one so it completely changes the look

You might be right, perhaps it's not actually as different as I thought. I have tried to align them in Photoshop, and they don't quite align. The original has a more subtle curve, while the one without text is a bit of a sharper turn. The feather or whatever on the other side at the top also seems to have less curve on it. I think they might have flattened it a little or something.

That said whatever has been done, probably more the colouring and that it is without text is in my opinion an improvement, and with the simpler writing (like New Era has on some of the caps, and my profile picture) it could work in more situations than they are using it now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It looks and feels very contrived as if we are trying to prove a point to the older clubs. Do something fresh and different.

I think what's needed is a contemporary take on the shield – fresher and more "with the times." But it's not fake heritage at all. It's our crest and has appeared on our heritage guernseys a number of times, nothing fake about it.

I think what's needed is a contemporary take on the shield – fresher and more "with the times." But it's not fake heritage at all. It's our crest and has appeared on our heritage guernseys a number of times, nothing fake about it.
It's on the club champion jacket, right back to mickan, so it's been around since birth.

Could something like our original logo be incorporated into our shield (not for use as our logo)? can't get more authentic than that. They brought it out when we had our 25th celebrations last year and it looked great and was quite popular.

vmpzxx.jpg

Last edited:
Brisbane's a hot bed of Adelaide Crow support now?
There's 500+ on the books up here, many many more that aren't. My boys coach is a Crows supporter, past Club president was one, club treasurer at another club. Lots of kids at training with Crows gear. We are everywhere! :D

Could something like our original logo be incorporated into our shield (not for use as our logo)? can't get more authentic than that. They brought it out when we had our 25th celebrations last year and it looked great and was quite popular.

View attachment 261336
See I found that really amateurish.

Bring this guy back.

Don't think it was ever an official logo, but is our best.

Next heritage round?
It was official, not sure if you could call it our logo though. If you remember when we came in all the club logos were the same style, and they also all had a cartoon mascot version.

It was official, not sure if you could call it our logo though. If you remember when we came in all the club logos were the same style, and they also all had a cartoon mascot version.

Yeah remember that as the cartoon one.

Like the official one too.

Remember seeing this one on here a while ago and liked it as well

2ng8zzp.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide Football Club Logo

Back