Seriously

Club Legend
Oct 22, 2009
SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, HRT, AUFC, Socceroos
Apparently the final game of the year (round 24 vs Melbourne) may be moved to Adelaide Oval, how awesome would that be :D:D:D:thumbsu:

Re: CH9 says presser 4pm tomorrow?

Apparently the final game of the year (round 24 vs Melbourne) may be moved to Adelaide Oval, how awesome would that be :D:D:D:thumbsu:

that was the other item ch9 mentioned ... could be announcement about that?

Re: CH9 says presser 4pm tomorrow?

If it is change of venue - being last round and times will be scheduled around who is in/out of finals ...

so, if both Melb and Port are out - we would have a Sunday game...? Not so good for AO? Sunday 1pm would be ok, not twighlight.

Re: Adelaide Oval Game in 2011?

Was mentioned on AA and channel 9 (by Tredders) last night and by Rucci in an article this morning. Nothing definite yet.

I'm just a little bit worried about this happening tbh. Need to tread warily. By the time this more-than-likely-totally-meaningless game rolls around, just how many people will go? What if it is a Sunday twilight and the weather is a bit crappy? If it's a pretty low crowd (say low 20's or less) I can see a whole off season (if not 3 years) of "AO won't save cash-strapped Power after all lol". Even worse if we get a good timeslot and not enough peeps through the gates.

What if it is a Sunday twilight and the weather is a bit crappy?
That would be ideal for pressuring the SMA to make sure there is proper weather-proofing in the redesign, rather than more Bradman Stand debacles.

I'm just a little bit worried about this happening tbh. Need to tread warily. By the time this more-than-likely-totally-meaningless game rolls around, just how many people will go?
First AFL game at AO? This will pull in a big crowd.

1. The usual Port supporters who turn up week in week out
2. Lapsed Port supporters considering coming back when we move to AO
3. Cow fans wanting to see AO for AFL, to see if they'll remain going when they are there
4. AO members wanting to see what AFL at AO will be like
5. And a large contingent who'll turn up for the spectacle of it

No matter how shit we are playing I'd expect a crowd around 30k. Which if we can pull a crowd there 10k over what we'd have expected at footy park will keep people off our back to a large degree for the next couple of seasons, at least regards off-field rumblings.

Yeah....wooopee.....

I am not a fan of renting stadiums and trying to fill it....

I don't go to a game just because of a stadium looks and feels great only to watch a crap game of footy.

I will go to watch the product regardless of where you play it, providing that the product is of good value.

If and when Port begin to play their games there I will go, knowing that the majority of my $45 spent to get in will go to the land lords.

I am of the minority that would rather be at Alberton Oval....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am of the minority that would rather be at Alberton Oval....

Yeah, but Alberton will never happen. And even in the parallel universe where this fantasy is a reality, you don't think the Port Adelaide Council would extract their wedge?

I hope this happens. Would be great, and our club wont lose as much money

Would love this to happen. Be a nice teaser to when we play their full time in a few years.

Dave of Salisbury East Posted at 11:53 AM Today

No way should Port be allowed to play at Adelaide Oval before 2014,Being able to establish their brand there would be an unfair advantage over the Crows.If this was allowed they would push hard for the same next year, this is typical Port manoeuvring at the expense of the AFC

No way should Port be allowed to play at Adelaide Oval before 2014,Being able to establish their brand there would be an unfair advantage over the Crows.If this was allowed they would push hard for the same next year, this is typical Port manoeuvring at the expense of the AFC

Typical. Always must have it their way. The Crows have to have their feet in the door first. Well guess what, even if they did play there, they should remember, we played there back in the what? 40's? 50's?

LOL :):thumbsu:

"Dave of Salisbury East logic" simply says that the Crows should not have been allowed into the AFL until 1997.

Looking forward to the AFL and club produced marketing material celebrating Port's "return" to AO ... with a heap of B&W film footage of ... the prison bar guernsey. No Eddie, STFU, we aren't stepping on your black & white toes, its just the film is black & white...

:cool:

What a prick. Its not like it was Port Adelaide's work that got us the Adelaide Oval deal in the first place is it. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sorry to tell you Dave but we have already been there and won flags there :).

Remove this Banner Ad

News Adelaide Oval Game in 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back