News Adelaide Uni partnership

Remove this Banner Ad

Wah, wah, wah, wah, wah ..............

As a former Blacks premiership player I'm 100% in agreement with the proposal.

The only problem is that the Blacks will have to find a new jumper design because they have been copying the Poort Poower design (for the last 100 years) :D.

You've just gone up in my estimation Jack is Back!

Surely that's BS. The uni would've been one of the first points of contact. Surely.

My master plan is almost complete!

Dangerfield to wear the #130 jumper next year is the final step...

http://mobile.news.com.au/sport/afl...ill-gap-in-sanfl/story-fndv862c-1227014550342

You know if you succeed, then Danger will have to take a couple of weeks off in June every year to go to the snow. ;)

I'm a VP at the Blacks - there are about 30 of us. Its an interesting idea(s) and we are having some decent email chain discussions among ourselves about the possibilities - looking at the potential issues and the potential upsides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know if you succeed, then Danger will have to take a couple of weeks off in June every year to go to the snow. ;)

I'm a VP at the Blacks - there are about 30 of us. Its an interesting idea(s) and we are having some decent email chain discussions among ourselves about the possibilities - looking at the potential issues and the potential upsides.

At the end of the day though, if AU sport don't want it then you can hardly just barnstorm off without them. And that's the issue really right now.

At the end of the day though, if AU sport don't want it then you can hardly just barnstorm off without them. And that's the issue really right now.

As the head of the VP's said -"Nothing is written and a lot of water to go under the bridge." This will take a few months to get approved - if that's the way the Blacks go - as it will end up with the Uni's Sports Association and even the University Council and Vice Chancellor getting involved.

As the head of the VP's said -"Nothing is written and a lot of water to go under the bridge." This will take a few months to get approved - if that's the way the Blacks go - as it will end up with the Uni's Sports Association and even the University Council and Vice Chancellor getting involved.

Also remember that while it may be an attractive proposition for the football club it would likely result in the relocation or dissolution of the cricket and soccer clubs. Can't really see why the vice-chancellor would just go 'hey, yeah, we just signed a 42 year lease as a uni for these lands but **** why not let's just give it to the crows to use at the expense of AU sport in general bar football'

Also remember that while it may be an attractive proposition for the football club it would likely result in the relocation or dissolution of the cricket and soccer clubs. Can't really see why the vice-chancellor would just go 'hey, yeah, we just signed a 42 year lease as a uni for these lands but **** why not let's just give it to the crows to use at the expense of AU sport in general bar football'

And that's why the other VP wrote a lot of water to go under the bridge. The footy club is only part of the total picture.

How are they "giving" uni land to the Crows if the Blacks are playing in Football season now and will continue to in the future?

Adelaide don't just want to occupy the land, from all reports they want to base themselves there. It'd require some serious infrastructure and land to make that happen.

My reading was that we would draw top up players from Uni. If our players were not up to SANFL, they would play with Uni. What was being debated was that if Uni would be in the Ammos or SANFL reserves. This can all be achieved with AFC "taking over".

Even if AFC run training with the Blacks on their oval, how does it push cricket off the grounds?

Adelaide don't just want to occupy the land, from all reports they want to base themselves there. It'd require some serious infrastructure and land to make that happen.

I will ask next week when we have a function, but I'm pretty sure that under the existing Parklands laws the crows wont be allowed to build anything of decent size. Now laws can change but it will need some serious influence and arm twisting to change things. That might be the longer term 5-10 year goal.

My reading was that we would draw top up players from Uni. If our players were not up to SANFL, they would play with Uni. What was being debated was that if Uni would be in the Ammos or SANFL reserves. This can all be achieved with AFC "taking over".

Even if AFC run training with the Blacks on their oval, how does it push cricket off the grounds?

I'm not involved with any of the decision making, this is just what I heard from an inside source. Unfortunately being second hand it limits what I know and can interpret; just heard that it'd functionally then end of cricket and perhaps soccer.

Bloody hell! Must be easier to get than a General Manager gig at the Crows.

Interestingly the Uni cricket club have been listed as a merger target (with Prospect I think) in some cricket review that has just come out. Could possibly be on the move anyway. They also have the other ground on MacKinnon Parade which is a belter and could easily house top grade cricket.

From the University's point of view, the teams exist so that students of the University are able to participate in sport and feel part of the broader University community and way of life.

Will this continue if the club is aligned to the AFC? Yes... except with better facilities that the Uni doesn't have to pay for.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Adelaide Uni partnership

Remove this Banner Ad

Back