News Adelaide Uni partnership

Remove this Banner Ad

Not suggesting it is, I'm just lamenting something that will be lost and can never be retrieved.

Don't have a problem with the use of facilities etc.
Wah, wah, wah, wah, wah ..............

As a former Blacks premiership player I'm 100% in agreement with the proposal.

The only problem is that the Blacks will have to find a new jumper design because they have been copying the Poort Poower design (for the last 100 years) :D.

The Blacks have been finding it harder to get good players over the last 5-10 years. Even slipped to Div 2. What worked in the past is more difficult. It is no longer the case that every Uni student plays for them automatically.

Now amateur clubs are better at hanging on to their players, U18's meld with the senior teams, plus they are able to pay a few bucks. A lot of college old scholar teams sniffing around Div 1/2 as well and these colleges were once Uni's major source of players.

PAOC has six senior teams now! Much stronger link to the school.

This change might be exactly what the Blacks need to turn themselves back into a club of choice for good players.

The Blacks have been finding it harder to get good players over the last 5-10 years. Even slipped to Div 2. What worked in the past is more difficult. It is no longer the case that every Uni student plays for them automatically.

Now amateur clubs are better at hanging on to their players, U18's meld with the senior teams, plus they are able to pay a few bucks. A lot of college old scholar teams sniffing around Div 1/2 as well and these colleges were once Uni's major source of players.

This change might be exactly what the Blacks need to turn themselves back into a club of choice for good players.

What would the current make up of the Blacks be between current students, former students and people not associated with the Uni?

Nice replies people. Stay classy.
FWIW, I agree with what you are saying and some of the responses you got, were, as you imply, very unclassy. Uni do not pay players and rightly have amateur ideals. I wonder if anyone at the actual Uni or Sports Association has been made aware of these plans. Lots of obstacles that I can see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

paoc can go and get effed.

How big are their club rooms?

Small. The stand there wouldn't hold that many and both clubrooms are under the stand. To make it a viable option serious work would have to be done and I think that's the major obstacle.

I wonder if anyone at the actual Uni or Sports Association has been made aware of these plans. Lots of obstacles that I can see.

I think they have been. AU Sport will be the obstacle, I'd say.

I'd better give my masters back to the uni then.

Port has an allegiance with superTAFE now, noone sooked. We are going to have an allegiance with UofA. Don't sook. Its unbecoming of UofA Alumni.

FFS a Port supporter brings up a genuine point and the same numpties jump down this throat -

Grow up

Nobody is forcing UofA to do anything they don't want to. Maybe they want to be aligned with a premier national sporting organisation.

Stop being such a drama queen.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Adelaide Uni partnership

Remove this Banner Ad

Back