Game Day Adelaide V Sydney : 7pm Saturday

Remove this Banner Ad

There's a letter to the editor today that references Tony Modra getting dropped for disciplinary reasons in 1994

Cornesy coach, playing against Sydney and we lost

Can anyone recall this incident?
Can’t actually recall it but Cornes article yesterday referenced it as per below (whole article on Gulag thread) post 3723

It’s not unusual for high-profile players to face disciplinary action. Who remembers Tony Modra’s suspension in 1994?

Leading into a match against the bottom-placed Sydney, the biggest SA sporting star since Don Bradman missed a rehab session.

It shouldn’t have been a big deal and might have gone with a mild reprimand but the senior players were insistent that stronger measures should be taken to maintain discipline, so against my better judgement, he was suspended.

We lost. To the bottom-placed team.

The faint hope of playing finals evaporated with that loss. Principle prevailed over giving your team the best chance to win.

In 2007 former Geelong star Steve Johnson was famously suspended by the club for six weeks for off-season indiscretions.

He accepted the ban and returned a better player for it. In 2017 Fremantle dropped Brennan Cox and Luke Ryan for drinking. They accepted it.

We could come out fired up today (like we should have last week) and beat Sydney... or we could capitulate and be smashed by a record margin.

But I seriously couldn't give a rats tossbag.

It's a worthless game at the end of another wasted year.

More interested in the SANFL Sturt vs Crows game. Hopefully my Double Blues obliterate them, have a shot at top spot, and take away any crutch that Godden may hope to lean on at the end of the season.

Last edited:
Haven't check Team selection but are guys like ChEd & Ryan getting a game by any chance?

Absolutely no reason why they should NOT game a game today.

[hate it when ya miss one word and it changes completely what you mean :rolleyesv1:]
Oscar Ryan seems an odd traveling emergency at this time of the year so perhaps there's some doubt about one of our small defenders?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because he is entitled to air his grievances like the rest of us.
Frank Costanza Seinfeld GIF by MOODMAN

Both games on today the team going into finals is smashing the team near the bottom of the ladder. Hopefully the trend continues tonight and the pressure keeps rising on Nicks and co.

I think this will be outright embarrassing.

So not looking forward to watching Fog Tex and Thilly getting mugged when the ball's coming in with no frees yet again.

Looking forward to watching Keasy hold his head high, try his guts out, run both ways all day, kick a coupla, be involved in more than a few goals , do the grit work and then later get lambasted on here for having shit skills.

Dawson back in Sydney, know you won't give it to the crowd, but let's see you give it to them with how you can play. Make them shitty again you up and left them.

Oh, and get ****ed Sydney. I hope you lose with a Rachele snap around the corner at the death ... oh that's right.

Bring on 2025 FFS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Adelaide V Sydney : 7pm Saturday

Remove this Banner Ad

Back